Best/Worst Old Firm memories?

Stuart_RFC

Best : Beating them 3-0 at Parkheed to win the league, that game was something else

Worst : Losing 5-1 in the 90's ....i dont remember seeing such a gutless performance from a Rangers team ever

Games Ive been to...

Highlights

Laudrups 30 yarder at Parkhead after a Brian O'Neill slip

Marco Negri coming on at Parkhead and rattling one in with his first touch

Albertz 80 yard run with the ball in the Scottish Cup semi final at Parkhead against Celtic

De Boer scoring at Parkhead in the 3-3 game just after Sutton had put Celtic 2-1 up

Rod Wallace scoring in a 1-0 at a midweek game at the Piggery it was pishing down that night

Winning the league at Parkhead

Big Ugo's over-head kick there last season

The 5-1 game at Ibrox on Flo's debut

The 3-2 game we won after Sutton had scored in the first minute

Rod Wallace winner in the 1-0 Hampden cup final

Lovenkrands cup final

2-1 CIS cup final when Hartson missed a pen and Lennon got sent off

Bad times

5-1 at Parkhead

6-2 at Parkhead

3-0 at Ibrox (Moravcik)

That game when they won 2-1 at Ibrox in our treble season. I honestly thought we had wasted our chance at the league.

Any victory over them is held with equal esteem, although the Lovenkrands Final was fantastic. Worst has to be the 6-2 game. Utterly clueless. Im astonished we even managed to score twice in that game.

Any victory over them is held with equal esteem, although the Lovenkrands Final was fantastic. Worst has to be the 6-2 game. Utterly clueless. Im astonished we even managed to score twice in that game.

Dont agree mate.

At 3-1 half way through the firsthalf Rod Wallace had an amazing goal chopped off for nothing. At that point we were all over them, regardless of the score we are taking the piss at times.

The Lovenkrands final was unreal. Thought we were destined for extra time but Pete put in some shift that day and that goal in the last seconds........breathtaking! Can mind dancing around the living room with my dad, dug goin mental an everythin! superb!!

The 5-1 game in 1988. That was the first time for many years a real doing was dished out. Remember wilkins screamer. and big aitken fallin over the ball. Mark Walters runnin amok, down side was it should have been 7 or 8.

Worst is easy 6-2 at the midden.

Too many "best memories"to make my mind up(the 3-0 win this season is the freshest on my mind) (tu):rangers:

The worse memory:definately my first Old Firm game.Scottish League Cup final 1957,Celtic 7-Rangers 1

Still hurts to this day. :(

That game when they won 2-1 at Ibrox in our treble season. I honestly thought we had wasted our chance at the league

Yea that was my worst memory, in hindsight, one of the best!

Fannies.jpg

Best memory - being at the 3-0 game this season

Dont agree mate.

At 3-1 half way through the firsthalf Rod Wallace had an amazing goal chopped off for nothing. At that point we were all over them, regardless of the score we are taking the piss at times.

I agree with you John,we played some great football that day and if Wallace's goal had not been chalked off, it was a good one, we would have come out and beat them. That would have made it 3-2 after being 3-0 down and it with us pushing for the equalizer we left ourselved exposed at the back but we definately were not rubbish that day. One of my mates who is a Man U fan said to afterwards that he could not believe Celtic humped us after watching it. One of those days when they they got all the breaks.

Too many great memories of beating them, although 1986 had 2 excellent games, the 4-4 draw & a few weeks later, a 3-2 win in the Glasgow Cup. They had just won the league & won 10 games in a row since the 4-4 draw. Souness had just arrived, Ibrox was paked to the gunnels & Coisty banged in another cup final hat-trick.

The 6-2 shocker at the piggery (i can barely remember it thankfully) was memorable for the dreadful quality of forged ticket i got in with.