Boyd Wanted for 6 mill

gers31

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he doesnt exactly seem like an integral part of Walter's plans, so I can see him leaving.

We should hold out for £8-10m though.

Shame, I think he could be a great player for us if he had a decent partner.

£6million for Boyd?

£3million for Cousin?

£10million for Ceullar?

£9million for Hutton

What a good 6 months Sir David Murray would have. He'd be offski by august if them 3 deals went through.

If that did happen would walt get the money from the sales???

no chance

£6million for Boyd?

£3million for Cousin?

£10million for Ceullar?

£9million for Hutton

What a good 6 months Sir David Murray would have. He'd be offski by august if them 3 deals went through.

If that did happen would walt get the money from the sales???

no chance

Probably go towards buying Murray a nice yacht or something :craphead:

Its not enough money, and, I really dont think he would go.

On top of that, the post above about the money, and how much would go to the team? the simple answer is not f*cking enough!

We havent replaced Hutton, so, now we are coping rather than excelling. He was pretty much our only wide threat, as well as the defensive atributes. Take Boyds goals away as well and we may be in bother.

Plus, his hold up play and touch were a lot better yesterday, i thought, so, if he is improving, why sell?

... some of the posts on here are BS...suggesting KB isn't worth £3m just shows that the poster doesn't understand the EPL market...

Quoted responses to this news include:

bluenose. madon April 6th, 2008 10:52 pm

"6million is cheap for a good striker!"

Peter McAleeron April 7th, 2008 3:08 am

"... if Walter is daft enough to let him go for a mere 6 - 8Million youd be getting a bargain for goals scored. Poacher supreme & not pushed about either as he is a big strong lad unafraid to put his head in."

Ben Howardon April 7th, 2008 10:13 am

"Sell AJ to the Hammers for £10m and get Kris Boyd in for £6m¦ sounds like good business to me. Then just make sure we get some midfielders that can actually pass the ball to our forwards."

The last bit in bold is what interests me... if Boyd played in an EPL side with top class service he'd be lapping up the goals... and I wonder what the response from all the "sell him cheap and fast" merchants will be then. The boy has a natural goal scoring talent that is hard to find and many teams will pay very good money for it...

Walter's team style doesn't work for Boyd, but he is still the highest scoring Gers striker with half the starts of those around him...

He has been more patient and loyal than most would have been in his situation, having racked up the goals and then sat on the bench week in, week out... he loves the Gers and shows it.... I admire these qualities even if few others want to recognise them as assets...

:(

... some of the posts on here are BS...suggesting KB isn't worth ?3m just shows that the poster doesn't understand the EPL market...

"... if Walter is daft enough to let him go for a mere 6 - 8Million youd be getting a bargain for goals scored. Poacher supreme & not pushed about either as he is a big strong lad unafraid to put his head in."

"Sell AJ to the Hammers for ?10m and get Kris Boyd in for ?6m? sounds like good business to me. Then just make sure we get some midfielders that can actually pass the ball to our forwards."

The last bit in bold is what interests me... if Boyd played in an EPL side with top class service he'd be lapping up the goals... and I wonder what the response from all the "sell him cheap and fast" merchants will be then. The boy has a natural goal scoring talent that is hard to find and many teams will pay very good money for it...

Walter's team style doesn't work for Boyd, but he is still the highest scoring Gers striker with half the starts of those around him...

He has been more patient and loyal than most would have been in his situation, having racked up the goals and then sat on the bench week in, week out... he loves the Gers and shows it.... I admire these qualities even if few others want to recognise them as assets...

He'd also be expected to score regularly against top class defenders, something hes not proven hes capable of - yet.

Boyd has not once in the three seasons he has been here had a regular strike partner, Ally had, Hately, Johnston, Drinkell all doing his donkey wokr for him at different junctures in his Rangers career, Boyd has not had that luxury. Goals means a hefty transfer fee, we could not replace him for £5M imo.

... some of the posts on here are BS...suggesting KB isn't worth ?3m just shows that the poster doesn't understand the EPL market...

"Sell AJ to the Hammers for ?10m and get Kris Boyd in for ?6m? sounds like good business to me. Then just make sure we get some midfielders that can actually pass the ball to our forwards."

He'd also be expected to score regularly against top class defenders, something hes not proven hes capable of - yet.

He has not been given much of a chance to be fair.

Not worth anywhere near 6 million quid. Bite anyones hand off who offers even half of that.

if your right, do we just knock back higher offers?...

I am a big boyd fan, but i would take £6Million and RUN if anyone offered us that kind of money, forget anything under £4-5Million because we wont get another poacher like him, he has saved our blushes a few times over the last couple of seasons, people need to give him a break

£6m is a lot of cash for a player who's not first choice. I love KB and would desperately want him to stay but not to be languishing on the sub's bench.

Hope Walter keeps him and in the summer gets a midfielder/beardsleyesque type of player to feed him the chances.

Not a chance of any side paying £6m for Kris Boyd.

If someone was mad enpugh to pay that then we should bite their hand off and run like f*ck!

I think some of you want Cristiano Ronaldo.

Christ knows how many goals Boyd would score if he had a first touch and pace......

tbh, i dont think he would be here if he had a fair amount of pace

Living down in England i feel i can educate a great deal of you on transfer prices for players.

1) Prem Clubs sign crappy players for 6-7million

2) Only Rangers player ANY of my classmates have heardd of are Boyd, Baz and McShagger

3) Any money over 4million is a brilliant bid! we signed him for under a million, over 50goals later and we'd still make a tremendous profit!

4) I love Boyd, but he would be a hot property if he was transfer listed... teams like

WBA, Birmingham, Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland, Blackburn etc. who can all easily pay 6million plus decent wages!

(even if all those teams are pish :craphead: )