Targets this summer - what so we need?

Tumshie

Im thinkin Murray will spend roughly the same as last season with about 10 - 12 million available to Walter. Whos going out and more importantly who is coming in??

Think the exodus will include Buffel, Gow, Boyd, Cousin, Hemdani, Webster, Dailly and big Davie Weir. We should rake in a few quid for these guys but I think we definitley need a right back, two centre halfs, 3 quality midfielders and at least two strikers.

Any ideas???

Im thinkin Murray will spend roughly the same as last season with about 10 - 12 million available to Walter. Whos going out and more importantly who is coming in??

Think the exodus will include Buffel, Gow, Boyd, Cousin, Hemdani, Webster, Dailly and big Davie Weir. We should rake in a few quid for these guys but I think we definitley need a right back, two centre halfs, 3 quality midfielders and at least two strikers.

Any ideas???

Left mid has been the biggest weakness this year in my opinion .We need Left mid Right mid a CB to partner CC and a quality striker .Aside from that we really need to play players in their proper positions and if they get injured use their understudies not use square pegs to fill round holes.We also need to blood the youngsters or loan them out.

First and foremost we need a right back. Playing a weak centre-back in that position is not going to cut it. Left back is okay because I think Papac has done very well, but we might need backup for that position as I think Stevie Smith is out of contract, and Walter hasn't really seen him play due to the injury problems.

We'll need a replacement for Davie Weir as he's sadly not going to last forever.

I think we need left and right sided midfielders, probably more so on the left. And I think we need a good striker, someone who knows how to play the lone striker role very well (assuming Walter's keeping that system next season).

We really need more players that can hold posession well in general. That's been the most frustrating part of this season for me, we can't keep hold of the ball.

We need a right back, a midfileder who can take a man on and run at defences , at least 1 striker, and a centre back.

We also need someone that takes a great free kick but also contributes outwith set pieces.

That is the absolute minimum we need in my opinion, we probably need more.

My main gripe is that our midfield has not been performing, it is completely static meaning that we always end up thumping it up the park from the park. The movement in the middle is shocking.

Any ideas???

I hope Boyd stays... the rest can GTF!!

We need at least one CB as Weir wont last another 40+games a season, an attacking midfeilder and maybe a winger. Striker is a must as is signing Davis!!

RB is the biggest concern we need at least a player to provide decent competition for Whittaker if he is going to be our first choice!

the first thing we need a settled strike PAIRING. JVOH and macdonald have scored 51 between them - thats the difference

Walter won't play 2 up front though, I think it will be a lone striker again next season :rolleyes:

I gaurantee you we will end up with somebody shite like Dominic Matteo in our defence.

He's on a free having been released by Stoke, he can play in two or three positions, he's well into his 30's, he's Scottish and he's shite.

Expect him to be signed by this time next week............

Srna would be a beast of a signing, hes a brilliant crosser of the ball and he can play right wing aswell. Any thoughts about hutton leaving would disappear if we signed Srna but I have no idea how much they would want for him, while we are at it we could go for rakitic but I could never see us being able to get him either :P.

maybe we will go for nugent aswell?

More than anything, I think Smith will be looking at our right of midfield and looking for a quality man for that position. The other main problem points are Right Back and Center Back.

We have Beasley comming back on the left and Adam and McCulloch as cover there.

More than anything, I think Smith will be looking at our right of midfield and looking for a quality man for that position. The other main problem points are Right Back and Center Back.

None of these guys hit the quality that we really need...Beasley is not strong enough on the ball...CA & McCulloch?...nah!... need someone who can power through to link our midfield and forward line...and worry opposition defences..

We need:

2x Centre halfs

1 Right back

1 Left back

2 x Midfielders quality not of yer Dailly pish.

2 x Quailty strkers

2 x Wide men that can create and cross a ball

We need:

2x Centre halfs

1 Right back

1 Left back

2 x Quailty strkers

So your saying with exception of the goalkeeper we need a whole new starting 11 ??

I gaurantee you we will end up with somebody shite like Dominic Matteo in our defence.

He's on a free having been released by Stoke, he can play in two or three positions, he's well into his 30's, he's Scottish and he's shite.

So far away from shite its unreal.

If he can stay clear of injuries, and get a clean time of it, I'd take Dominic in a flash. Similiar to Christian in that he can play in several positions, but much much better. Infact much better than our several defenders that we have at the moment like Whitttaker, Broadfoot and Dailly and could do a job in midfield too.

Great pedigree too, a semi finalist with Leeds in the glory days and much under-rated signing during that Leeds era before they nearly died and someone who came up the Liverpool with the likes of McManaman, Fowler and Jamie Carragher.

- great goal

And an even better assist:

Skill and solidity.

We need:

2x Centre halfs

1 Right back

1 Left back

2 x Quailty strkers

So your saying with exception of the goalkeeper we need a whole new starting 11 ??

Naw there is Cuellar, Thomson, in that, but we've no wide men our full back well Broadfoot enough said. Our back up players they are none of quality, Naismith is out for a year. Lets face it our midfiled to foward line is rotten! If it hadn't been for Cuellar, Weir & McGregor I think we'd be much worse off!

So far from shite its unreal.

If he can stay clear of injuries, and get a clean time of it, I'd take Dominic in a flash. Similiar to Christian in that he can play in several positions, but much much better. Infact much better than our several defenders that we have at the moment like Whitttaker, Broadfoot and Dailly and could do a job in midfield too.

Great pedigree too, a semi finalist with Leeds in the glory days and much under-rated signing during that Leeds era before they nearly died and someone who came up the Liverpool with the likes of McManaman, Fowler and Jamie Carragher.

- great goal

And an even better assist:

Skill and solidity.

Are you on DRUGS?

You want us to sign Matteo, a 34 year old who just got released from Stoke City

Adam & McCulloch are pish and thats being kind to them. Haven't seen enough of Beasley to make a judgement but we do need cover for the wide areas. Pace is essential

I know the strike force get a lot of stick, but some people also ahve to realise the Rangers have scored more goals than any other SPL team this year.

Also with people saying our defence is our strong point, Celtic have conceded less. People say 4-5-1 is very defensive but the outcome has been very different. Letting in more goals and scoring more, I think some people have to remember this as well.