Should tops be sponsored by a beer company?

mrmytto

I know underage drinking is becoming a problem these day. I know for certain that us and celtic have taken the carling branding off of childrens shirts, but should it be taken off of all the shirts if it's the case of not trying to encourage people to underage drinking? They will still see their heroes who they look up to running about a pitch with a carling label across the middle of the top. Does the branding encourage kids to underage drink? I personally don't think so, you don't think about what the the sponsor label says, plus it's not carling underage drinkers are buying it's 'buckfast'.

Does anyone think carling should still be on the childrens top?

I think the top without the sponsor in the middle looks to plain, what do you think?

it should never be taken off, i understand the purpose of children shirts having it removed but sponsors pay good money to put logo's there, however im just waiting for the first playboy sponsorship to be announced!!

Alcohol sponsorship has nothing to do with our booze culture.

Kids don't see Carling on our tops then go out and get smashed on Carling. They drink Buckfast and cider, neither drinks I believe sponsor any team.

It's a mindset, it's the way they are brought up.

Kids don't see Carling on our tops then go out and get smashed on Carling. They drink Buckfast and cider, neither drinks I believe sponsor any team.

I agree.

Kids will drink whether Carling is on the front or not.

I drank underage and we had CR SMITH as our shirt sponsor then.

I know, that's why i didn't see the point of taking Carling off of the kids tops. If they wanted to do something about it then take it off of everyone top and get a new sponsor, they are still seeing their heroes running up and down the pitch with it on. I doubt it would have an effect either.

Its a culture thing here but the Scottish Government will try to outlaw all these forms of "Advertising" sooner rather than later.

Sport and the Arts will be the ones that suffer once the ban on alchohol advertising takes effect.

The promoters of T in the park are already trying to find a big name replacement in anticipation of a ban.

Spot on (tu)

rubbish

we could be sponsored by a drug company does not mean I am going to go take them!

just stupid reasons nowadays sponsers dont influence us people do! we have a mind of our own wish some people would use it and sensibly!!.

:rangers:

They're brought up :craphead:

the problem being no one is bringing them up!!!

" im away out ma"

" aye whatever son"

" where did our john go"

" dinnae ken think he said he was away out"

" whaur"

"dinnae ken didnae ask"

They're brought up :craphead:

the problem being no one is bringing them up!!!

" im away out ma"

" aye whatever son"

" where did our john go"

" dinnae ken think he said he was away out"

" whaur"

"dinnae ken didnae ask"

Exactly good point, but having the sponsor on a shirt doesn't make more people drink.

The Alcohol Sponsors on Football tops have nothing to do with underage drinking tae start wae fs :lol:

Who the fuck drinks Carling or Mcewans lmao fuckin pish water.

Try telling Rangers and Celtic that...

The Alcohol Sponsors on Football tops have nothing to do with underage drinking tae start wae fs :lol:

What do you expect in this day and age ?

Just more pandering to the pc mob.

Tennents seems to be the pint of choice in most places in glasgow but i dont think Ive ever seen a Rangers or sellik top sponsered by them so why do so many drink it then ? :lol:

The same goes for stella, budwiser, miller, magners etc

What do you expect in this day and age ?

Just more pandering to the pc mob.

Tennents seems to be the pint of choice in most places in glasgow but i dont think Ive ever seen a Rangers or sellik top sponsered by them so why do so many drink it then ? :lol:

The same goes for stella, budwiser, miller, magners etc

The sponsor on the top doesn't exactly make people want to drink it.

The consumption of alcohol by children will neither increase nor decrease because of the advertising of Carling or any other company on football shirts. It is absolute nonsense to remove such advertising. So, if a child was to watch past a pub / off licence en route to a match and walks past the wines and spirits aisle whilst picking up a sandwich at Asda, Ibrox - should we close such establishments. Utter nonsense and foolish and caused by others interfering needlessly in the lives of others. The "nanny state". However, the governments still reap the taxes from the brewers and other deemed unethical producers, such as tobacco companies etc;.

Liberal extremists and their warped mind of political correctness.