Our Manager

PORTGER

Right bears. Just home from Glasgow. Had to have a few drinks after that feckin shambles today. Let me say that I never wanted Walter back. I cant and never will forgive him for blowing 10 in a row against 1 of the worst mhank teams ever. Also I cant forgive him for blowing the league last season and even though he got us to our first Euro final in 36 years and probably the last in my lifetime he played for feckin pens. Now he has made us harder to beat but that is it. Nothing more. The football is feckin shocking. In a friendly today we played with 1 up top again and big Lee is our attacking, creative midfielder. Now I read people on this forum say give Walter time as there is still time to turn it round before the end of the transfer window. I have to ask people. Do they honestly believe this. Do they honestly believe that we are going to buy the 3, 4 maybe 5 players we need to win this title. Not squad players but the quality that we were told that would improve our first 11. The mhanks are rank but they are better than us at the moment. I am sorry if it has been asked before on the forum but is Walter the man to take us to were we belong. I think not but I hope I am feckin wrong.

Maybe not but he deserves a chance and may yet surprise us.

He did get a team full of dross to a European Final. That was a miracle, but maybe it papered over a lot of cracks.

I am being patient for now. At the end of August I will know more.

The worst thing that ever happened to Rangers was PLG.

It allowed expectations to sink so low, that Smith could come back, easily fix the mistakes, but be allowed to make the same mistakes he made all those years ago.

He did get a team full of dross to a European Final. That was a miracle, but maybe it papered over a lot of cracks.

You are right, NVA. Have to keep an open mind.

Its just I can't stand the thought of us just sitting deep for an entire season and not attacking. And if instead we are going to be attacking, who in the midfield has the ability to pass the ball and get the forwards in place.

I agree, people have short memories.

Walter got our pride back last season and I'll wait until Jan before deciding if he's the man or not.

I`ll be patient for now,as nvager said,we`ll see what will happen in next 1-2 mounts.

But Walter know what cost us the title and the UEFA Cup final last year,and i hope he`s learnt his lesson.If he don`t,and we continue to play in that way - i guess we should start looking for someone else..

That`s just my opinion..

Smith seems to have this thing about not conceding any goals even to the point of not scoring any unless we get lucky with one of the long punts up the park.

Smith seems to have this thing about not conceding any goals even to the point of not scoring any unless we get lucky with one of the long punts up the park.

And in the minute when we receive a goal,with that 4-5-1 crap,the game is over..

I dont understand Walters thinking, he brings millar in for 2m a player who we all hate and will not enhance us as a team, we are going to struggle as an attacking force and mr millar is going to get most of the abuse as a result of this the whole team will suffer, why oh why do this when money is tight and that 2m could have been spent elsewhere to fill a midfield void?

Guest The Brown Brogue
Right bears. Just home from Glasgow. Had to have a few drinks after that feckin shambles today. Let me say that I never wanted Walter back. I cant and never will forgive him for blowing 10 in a row against 1 of the worst mhank teams ever. Also I cant forgive him for blowing the league last season and even though he got us to our first Euro final in 36 years and probably the last in my lifetime he played for feckin pens. Now he has made us harder to beat but that is it. Nothing more. The football is feckin shocking. In a friendly today we played with 1 up top again and big Lee is our attacking, creative midfielder. Now I read people on this forum say give Walter time as there is still time to turn it round before the end of the transfer window. I have to ask people. Do they honestly believe this. Do they honestly believe that we are going to buy the 3, 4 maybe 5 players we need to win this title. Not squad players but the quality that we were told that would improve our first 11. The mhanks are rank but they are better than us at the moment. I am sorry if it has been asked before on the forum but is Walter the man to take us to were we belong. I think not but I hope I am feckin wrong.

Good post mate, I agree with pretty much all of that, as do many others on the board as a few of the replies so far have shown.

But because you only have a few posts to your name when the usual suspects surface you will probably face a barrage of 'sniff sniff' and 'timposter' replies, along with the usual 'your not a proper fan, glory hunter, no surrender, trust in Walter and keep believing' so be prepared for it.

Last season's one dimensional football wore me down, I ain;t prepared to watch it for another season. The way things are going though that appears to be the ONLY tactic Watty has up his sleeve and frankly i don't fancy us against Kaunas at the moment because any coach worth his salt knows if his team scores first, chances are they'll beat us because our plan B involves 60 yards blotters up the park, which just happens to be the same as our plan A.

Haven't posted for ages...but in full agreement with the post. The shambolic fiasco surrounding the failure to win 10 in a row... is still hard to take ....and the sheer staleness and boredom factor of this squad ...does not fill me with any optimisim for the coming season.

great post. (tu)

Nothing there that some of us have been saying for the last month or so.

Yep says it all for me, I will wait to make my judgment as pre season does not mean too much, however for the first time in a long time the thoughts of a new season do not excite me as much as they should.

It allowed expectations to sink so low, that Smith could come back, easily fix the mistakes, but be allowed to make the same mistakes he made all those years ago.

Well put.

good point mate, i cant believe how many fans are happy with the shite that is on offer from smith............

its a disgrace!

I cant and never will forgive him for blowing 10 in a row

It really takes a special focus on negativity to greet like a bairn about something you didn't get when the 9IAR that was attained is not even mentioned.

:rolleyes:

You hit the nail on the head once more Moses. (tu)

As I've already said on other threads, some people seem to prefer actively seeking out negatives while completely ignoring any positives. It's almost as if they enjoy it. <cr>

It really takes a special focus on negativity to greet like a bairn about something you didn't get when the 9IAR that was attained is not even mentioned.

As I've already said on other threads, some people seem to prefer actively seeking out negatives while completely ignoring any positives. It's almost as if they enjoy it. <cr>

are you happy with our record in the last eight seasons ?

No, I'm not. But we all seen signs of progress last season, albeit limited. To say that reaching a European final and at last competing in all domestic competitions isn't progress amounts to being blind to the truth. On occasions it looks as though some people are following their own agendas, e,g, "Murray Out", "Smith Out", "Bain Out", etc, etc, rather than supporting Rangers.

So are suggesting that Walter Smith, who has been back at the club for 18 months is responsible, and should subsequently take the blame, for the fact that we have been under performed for nearly a decade?