Tonel - all talk in here

Ibroxblue

Onyewu is on the verge of signing for Marseille. By the looks of things, they aren't after Bougherra anymore. Also, Tonel has said he's interested and that's it, we already knew that. As the club have pointed out before, he'll be signed if we get rid of the deadwood.

Anyway, curse these facts. I won't stand in the way of the 2 and 2 together RM doomsday conspiracies that are about to come to the fore regarding Bougherra.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Onyewu is on the verge of signing for Marseille. By the looks of things, they aren't after Bougherra anymore. Also, Tonel has said he's interested and that's it, we already knew that. As the club have pointed out before, he'll be signed if we get rid of the deadwood.

Anyway, curse these facts. I won't stand in the way of the 2 and 2 together RM doomsday conspiracies that are about to come to the fore regarding Bougherra.

Welcome to the RM transfer silly season mate.

Did you know that Alan Smith is undergoing his medical today? ;)

If tonel came in for £2-3m or whatever and we won the league and sold him for £10m in the summer to an EPL side i would still be pretty happy. We need another centre back for the 2nd half of the season and Tonel is a good one and wants to come to the club. If he stays for 6months and we make a big profit on him then fair enough as long as win the title this season. That is all that matters to me this season.

If tonel came in for £2-3m or whatever and we won the league and sold him for £10m in the summer to an EPL side i would still be pretty happy. We need another centre back for the 2nd half of the season and Tonel is a good one and wants to come to the club. If he stays for 6months and we make a big profit on him then fair enough as long as win the title this season. That is all that matters to me this season.

We should be doing that every season, I dont know what people expect

Id happy sign one or two players for a minimal fee a season, only to sell for double or treble the price in 6-12 months time

Cannot see us being in a position to raise 3m for Tonel. We are 26m in debt now and probably near 30m by the end of this season.

If Tonel comes in someone is going to be sold. Hopefully McCulloch, Burke, Hemdani, Adam, Daily, Gow, and maybe Furman. Surely not Bougherra.

PORTUGUESE hardman Tonel has pleaded with Rangers to seal his £3million move to Ibrox.

The Sporting Lisbon ace is wanted by Champions League contenders Roma and Panathinaikos, as well as Lazio.

But the Portugal centre-back says his preferred destination would be the SPL title contenders.

Tonel said: “Sporting Lisbon are a big club and I am very happy here, but Rangers are massive.

Flattered

“I know they have been out to see me a couple of times and they have been

following me for over a year. That is very flattering for any player.

“I have played twice against Rangers at Ibrox and each time it was an amazing experience.

“On the first occasion I was with Maritimo back in 2004 when we lost on penalties.

“I will never forget the passion of the Rangers supporters.

“Then, last year with Sporting, I was back again in the UEFA Cup and there was another great atmosphere.

“But I hope maybe I can now play at Rangers wearing the home colours in blue and white.

“It is my hope that I may be able to play for Rangers in the Champions League next season.

“If it does happen, I will not be coming there for one season and then be leaving the next.”

Savings

Rangers are chasing a centre-back in the January transfer window.

They are also keen on Hearts captain Christophe Berra.

But any moves would be contingent on dramatically reducing the wage bill.

Jean-Claude Darcheville has already moved to Valenciennes and the likes of Alan Gow and Brahim Hemdani could also exit.

Tonel’s agent, Miguel Saavedra, added: “My player is very interested in this move and hopes a deal can be agreed.

“We just have to wait now to hear back from Rangers. They know what it will take to get the player.”

Sporting defender Tonel has issued a statement refuting quotes attributed to him in the Scottish media on Tuesday.

A report in the Evening Times appeared to open the door to Rangers, as Tonel was quoted as saying the Ibrox club were ‘massive’ and that he was 'flattered' to be linked with Walter Smith’s side.

Sporting and the 28-year-old have been decidedly unimpressed with the report and have issued a swift and stern denial.

”The comments are false,” Tonel is quoted as saying on Sporting’s official website.

”I have not spoken with anyone on this subject, it is just not true.

”I have not received an offer from Rangers and I do not know the journalist who wrote this story and have not done an interview.

”I am only interested in returning to fitness and staying at Sporting.”

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Footba...ers/gnid-32854/

What the hell. He didn't say any of that crap in the papers yesterday....

''Sporting defender Tonel has issued a statement refuting quotes attributed to him in the Scottish media on Tuesday.

A report in the Evening Times appeared to open the door to Rangers, as Tonel was quoted as saying the Ibrox club were ‘massive’ and that he was 'flattered' to be linked with Walter Smith’s side.

Sporting and the 28-year-old have been decidedly unimpressed with the report and have issued a swift and stern denial.

”The comments are false,” Tonel is quoted as saying on Sporting’s official website.

”I have not spoken with anyone on this subject, it is just not true.

”I have not received an offer from Rangers and I do not know the journalist who wrote this story and have not done an interview.

”I am only interested in returning to fitness and staying at Sporting''

Taken from Setanta.

I have heard it all before from players at Rangers. If Tonel signed, impressed and the Premiership came calling, he'd be off.

course he would, every player wants to get to the highest level and payed the most amount of pennys. This is why we will always lose out to any EPL club.

Yeah he's said it's a load of rubbish and is only concentrating on getting fit and playing for Sporting CP.

A imprensa escocesa fez eco de um suposto interesse de Tonel em jogar na equipa do Glasgow Rangers. O defesa-central desmentiu a notícia que vem no jornal Evening Times, afirmando que a mesma é completamente falsa.

http://www.sporting.pt/index.asp

Yeah he's said it's a load of rubbish and is only concentrating on getting fit and playing for Sporting CP.

A imprensa escocesa fez eco de um suposto interesse de Tonel em jogar na equipa do Glasgow Rangers. O defesa-central desmentiu a notícia que vem no jornal Evening Times, afirmando que a mesma é completamente falsa.

http://www.sporting.pt/index.asp

The Scottish press did echo of a supposed interest of Cask in play in the team of the Glasgow Rangers. The defense denied the news that comes in the periodic one Evening Teams, affirming that to same is completely false.