Lafferty or Velicka?

gizmico1986

with kenny miller possibily unfit for saturdays matches with aberdeen many people are calling for lafferty to be played through the middle along with boyd.

perhaps though this would be a chance to bring velicka back into the first team.

he has a decent scoring record and is a proven goalscorer in th spl.

lafferty is untried with ourselves in this position(although plays there for NI) and looks like he has zero confidence at the moment so would he really be the best option at this point to partner boyd??

5 years between them.

Velicka in total has 116 goals in 273 games including 1 goal in 15 for Lithuania.

Boyd in total has 154 goals in 245 games including 7 goals in 15 for Scotland.

I have never rated Andrius Velicka and he wasn't even the best striker at both Viking and Hearts.

5 years between them.

What difference does their age make?

Velicka in total has 116 goals in 273 games including 1 goal in 15 for Lithuania.

Just under one in 2.

Boyd in total has 154 goals in 245 games including 7 goals in 15 for Scotland.

Just over one in 2.

I have never rated Andrius Velicka and he wasn't even the best striker at both Viking and Hearts.

Harsh - in 47 matches for them he got 19 goals. Outwith the OF that's a pretty good return. As for Viking, he didn't want to be there in the first place.

Novo Lafferty is shite ano he's no played alot but the one game a saw him start for the second time this season was motherwell and he was utter uselees couldny win a ball in the air couldny tackle couldny shoot wit the fuck can he do they had the chance to sign david healy and they picked him why wis it cz he wis chepaer ur summin or did he have a bad injury at his time at burnly

Novo Lafferty is shite ano he's no played alot but the one game a saw him start for the second time this season was motherwell and he was utter uselees couldny win a ball in the air couldny tackle couldny shoot wit the fuck can he do they had the chance to sign david healy and they picked him why wis it cz he wis chepaer ur summin or did he have a bad injury at his time at burnly

pure quality street man!

Roy Keane once said that he can buy a player in, but then realise after a training session or two that he just isnt for him. This is what's happened here.

I could have told Smith months ago that Velicka is nowhere near Rangers standard. He is barely even Hearts standard.

Roy Keane once said that he can buy a player in, but then realise after a training session or two that he just isnt for him. This is what's happened here.

I could have told Smith months ago that the guy is nowhere near Rangers standard. He is barely even Hearts standard.

Who are you speaking about Lafferty or Velicka?

I could have told Smith months ago that the guy is nowhere near Rangers standard. He is barely even Hearts standard.

Sorry, i should have made it clear that i was talking about Velicka.

It was quite obvious but just checking :):)

:lol: