Columbo

Who should partner Boyd  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Lafferty? Velicka? JCD?

• Darcheville
    • Lafferty
    • Velicka
    • Novo

It's been discussed quite a bit on this forum who should partner Boyd on Saturday should Kenny Miller fail to make it and I see no reason in playing a half fit Kenny Miller (although he'd want to play knowning his determanation). So who should come into replace him.

Darcheville shouldn't if you ask me he had his chance earlier in the season and didn't do well then came back against Hibs and St Mirren and both times failed to impress, There's people like Velicka and Lafferty who haven't been given a chance yet and they need to before we can consider letting this guy back in the team. As for Novo I don't think he should start up front either as I think he's more effective on the wing or even better as an impact sub. This leaves us with Lafferty and Velicka.

As dissappointed as I have been not to see Velicka in action, Lafferty has been forced to play in a unfamiliar position and TBH he deserves a chance to impress in his natural position which is up front. So I'd start Lafferty and then bring on Velicka around 65 minutes.

Thoughts?

:lol:

C'mon guys, your not thinking straight. This is Smith we're talking about. You all seem to think he'll play 4-4-2 again. That would involve Smith playing someone IN position.

4-5-1 time again! Boyd lone striker. He's worked really hard these last few weeks, so Smith will use that in his defence for adopting a more defensive role!

You know I'm right too :pipe:

Much as I would like to see Lafferty play up front, I believe Nacho is similar in style to Miller and we should think of him too. Any of these two would be my choice.

Exactly the way i was thinking. I'd prefer to see him start with Novo. The wee man deserves a place up front...his natural position before Lafferty does if you ask me. He's been played left, right, left when we all know he's best through the middle!