• I have 100% faith in him
    • Slight doubts about him
    • Major doubts about him
    • No faith in him at all

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly have major doubts about him now. Admire him highly as a person and for all he's done for the club - dignity and class, and always represents Rangers well. A lot of the time his personnel decisions and tactics verge on abysmal, however. Today...what can one say? We get stuck watching the plodding likes of (fill in the blanks - you all know who they are) while we have talent wasting away on the bench. Almost enough to make you gouge your own eyes out in despair.

Its a tough time at the moment, but I cant face going back to a new manager and praying they understand the old firm!

Walter almost always gives us a performance at parkhead and a 100% record at ibrox, I couldnt handle a big eck style old firm drought, for big eck read PLG, Advocaat.

But he needs to look at his team, Adam needs to perform to be in their, ferguson has slowed down our overall play and left us without bite. Davis should step in there and fergie needs some bench time. also we have played without width for two and a half years.

Its a tough time at the moment, but I cant face going back to a new manager and praying they understand the old firm!

Walter almost always gives us a performance at parkhead and a 100% record at ibrox, I couldnt handle a big eck style old firm drought, for big eck read PLG, Advocaat.

But he needs to look at his team, Adam needs to perform to be in their, ferguson has slowed down our overall play and left us without bite. Davis should step in there and fergie needs some bench time. also we have played without width for two and a half years.

Old firm games don't always win you the league.

Old firm games don't always win you the league.

A lot of the time they do, and as depressed as I am at the moment I have never been more depressed than when we struggled to score against them never mind win. we are in a tough spot but closer to them than we have been for a while. The loss of our best midfield players is our biggest problem. I agree that walter needs to improve though and do something quick.

My question here would really have to be, why?

Any player at Rangers should be able to perform at a level against most SPL sides, at the end of the day, once they cross the line, and dont perform, its THEIR fault. Especially when its the most basic things they are failing at

but, whine about the manager, its easier eh? Then again, many of the players have underperfromed for several managers

Just a thought

Any player at Rangers should be able to perform at a level against most SPL sides, at the end of the day, once they cross the line, and dont perform, its THEIR fault. Especially when its the most basic things they are failing at

but, whine about the manager, its easier eh? Then again, many of the players have underperfromed for several managers

Just a thought

The manager sets up the tactics, the manager picks the team and the manager buys the players. This is Walter smith's team. When results don't go right on a consistent basis, you need to look at the manager and at this moment in time Walter isn't doing his job properly on the pitch. The team has A LOT of flaws and too many flaws for a championship winning team. Simple as that.

Just a thought

The manager sets up the tactics, the manager picks the team and the manager buys the players. This is Walter smith's team. When results don't go right on a consistent basis, you need to look at the manager and at this moment in time Walter isn't doing his job properly on the pitch. The team has A LOT of flaws and too many flaws for a championship winning team. Simple as that.

We have, on paper, a team that should beat hearts, and, the rest of the SPL, but, they are not

Personally, I think a lot of these players havent got the bottle when someone gets in their face, and, that is not the managers fault. The team today SHOULD have won.

Just a thought

Hearts arent the best team in the SPL

What they do is pick the BEST team possible and play players in their natural positions. It gives them balance and allows them to carry out their game plan effectively, create and attack from different areas of the park.

We would have performed much better today and had a better shape and balance to the team if we actually played a left and right back and a left and right midfielder. Even if they were McMillan, Lowling, Fleck and Aaron

100% faith in him.

He chose to risk his status as a great manager in our past to come back and sort us out. Its working. The team isnt perfect but it never will be. I think he has done well with the resources he has and will win us the league. Two trophies, a European final and all without us spending any more cash than earned from player sales.

:mutley:

What's so funny about that ?

• 4 weeks later...

After today I've gone from major doubts to absolutely no faith at in him anymore.

I think his pre-game interview plus general mismanagement throughout the game has completely killed off my trust in him.

Once you no longer trust Walter Smith regarding the OF, that's the final nail in his coffin.

I am not saying get rid of him, but I do feel helpless and that he's not got a clue what he's doing anymore.

I've now gone from no faith in him at all to absolutely dispising him!

Get him away to fcuk.

I don't know what to say now?

That you are perilously close to assassinating him?