Coisty now linked with Sunderland!

Poetry_In_Blue

Today's BBC gossip column has indicated that Coisty is being considered to take over at Sunderland, the story apparently comes from the Express.

Rangers assistant boss Ally McCoist - a former Sunderland striker - has also been linked with the post at the Stadium of Light, although he has been earmarked as the successor to manager Walter Smith at Ibrox. (Daily Express)

I doubt this very much, but if he were to take over would be interesting to see how well he could do with a struggling EPL club.

Today's BBC gossip column has indicated that Coisty is being considered to take over at Sunderland, the story apparently comes from the Express.

Rangers assistant boss Ally McCoist - a former Sunderland striker - has also been linked with the post at the Stadium of Light, although he has been earmarked as the successor to manager Walter Smith at Ibrox. (Daily Express)

I doubt this very much, but if he were to take over would be interesting to see how well he could do with a struggling EPL club.

He was priced at 20/1 by Hills last week, not the longest odds ever, and bookies are generally in the know. However, after Keane's tenure, I really can't see Sunderland going for someone who is relatively in-experienced. He's only had two stints at assistant manager after all.

Big Sam will get the job!

Take WS, KMcD, Dailly, McCulloch, Broadfoot, Adam etc with you.

It'll be like all my christamas' at once.

then who becomes our manager? <_<

Thats another thread altogether, but im sick fed up with always going backwards. When we appointed Advocaat i thought we were progressing as a club, but it seems as though we have gone backwards since then.

Im a bit pessimistic today, was watching a video of Rangers in the Cl 1999. We were such a good team back then, and i seriously believe if Mols wasn't injured in Munich and a bit of luck we could have went far. In comparison to now we were far more advanced, but we have regressed since then and don't seem to be stopping it any time soon.

With the money involved in staying in the EPL it seems highly unlikely they'd take the risk. They were bottom of the Championship when they took a chance on Keane. They're much more likely to go for an experienced manager to steady the ship.

Like Smith

Take WS, KMcD, Dailly, McCulloch, Broadfoot, Adam etc with you.

It'll be like all my christamas' at once.

then who becomes our manager? <_<

Thats another thread altogether, but im sick fed up with always going backwards. When we appointed Advocaat i thought we were progressing as a club, but it seems as though we have gone backwards since then.

Im a bit pessimistic today, was watching a video of Rangers in the Cl 1999. We were such a good team back then, and i seriously believe if Mols wasn't injured in Munich and a bit of luck we could have went far. In comparison to now we were far more advanced, but we have regressed since then and don't seem to be stopping it any time soon.

I know its not part of this thread but I know exactly what you mean about 99 and Mols. We had an awesome team that year and were so unfortunate not to go a lot further.

As for McCoist I really can't see him going to Sunderland, they're more likely to go for someone with experience like Houllier hoping he brings some quality French youngsters with him from their academy.

Interesting that he is linked with a club in "the best league in the world", yet, not rated by our own, surely the Rangers job is actually easier than Sunderland?

Also, there was a comment about "after Keane"? Well, he took them from dead last in the chamionship, into the EPL 1st season, then, kept them in it the season after. Thats not a failure

What a load of rubbish - why would a struggling club like Sunderland, who have spent all that money and face a relegation fight want Ally McCoist?

He might be a cheap move but there are far better options out there, it just won't happen - I'd let him go if it was true tho, just aslong as he took Ian Durrant with him!

Due to the fickle nature of some fans I think that this is something a catch 22 situation.

Plenty of people want Coisty out at this moment in time and are quick enough to talk about his lack of experience when talking about why he shouldn't get the job.

But what if he goes down there does well and two/three years down the line he gets a move to a bigger club which effectively puts him out of our reach financially?

Are you all going to say good on you Coisty or are you going to say FFS why did we let him go?

I know what I'd expect to see.

Due to the fickle nature of some fans I think that this is something a catch 22 situation.

Plenty of people want Coisty out at this moment in time and are quick enough to talk about his lack of experience when talking about why he shouldn't get the job.

But what if he goes down there does well and two/three years down the line he gets a move to a bigger club which effectively puts him out of our reach financially?

Are you all going to say good on you Coisty or are you going to say FFS why did we let him go?

:D Mmmmm I wonder????

I wouldn't say a thing as it wouldn't bother me.