If we sign another Centre Back we should give Big

BLUEDIGNITY

Davie Weir a job on the backroom staff especially with the professional attitude the big man has got instead of giving his experience away to another club. That is the right time to give the likes of him a job when he just finishes playing. He could instill his good habits into young players. I think it would be a good move ? :sherlock:

PS - Pity we didn't sign the big guy years ago !

Davie Weir a job on the backroom staff especially with the professional attitude the big man has got instead of giving his experience away to another club. That is the right time to give the likes of him a job when he just finishes playing. He could instill his good habits into young players. I think it would be a good move ? :sherlock:

was gonna say i'll second that.

but i'll fourth that :) haha

Not a bad idea. The guy is very professional.

Don´t know about his coaching qualities though.

His reading of the game is superb, his best attribute.

If he can pass some of this onto younger players at the club then great.

Its funny, he was a really, really late developer. No bones about it, he was shite for a long time. Playing regurarly int the Prem made him.

Will be missed when he is gone.

We already have Durrant, Owen, McCoist, McDowell and Jim Stewart.

FFS if we add anybody else to that it'll look Walter has some sort of hip-hop-esque entourage following him about everywhere.

Owen; fitness guru.

Stewart; goalkeeping coach.

McCoist; entertainment manager/assistant manager.

McDowell; coach.

Adding Weir as defensive coach would be a good idea although I doubt he would accept an offer.

No need for Durrant, I do not think he adds anything to the squad.

Would be a good move, we don't have a coach with a defensive background (unless Kenny McDowall was) although as ridiculous as it sounds the last time I heard anything, Weir had no intentions of hanging up his boots just yet, at the start of the season he said he intends to be playing in 2 years.

I would have liked to have seen Svensson play with Weir.

He was really highly rated back in Sweden, I think the lack of a decent partner hindered him here.

And maybe Berra could learn something under Father Time ;)