Dundee United tomorrow

barrymorrison1

will the manager, give us a Glsasgow Rangers starting 11, who, now, know that between tomorrow and the end of may, every game will feel like another uefa cup final to us, the fans.

Cause, i for one, believe now that jungle jim has all silly big time charlie notions extinguished, u can bet they will want another slice of that pie, so u know they will b up for it.

i ask this, every time in the last few seasons since Craig Levien became manager, and we whipped them 5-0 on Walters first game back, every single game has been a war.

Utd, to their credit, attack jimmy, like they do us.

So tomorrow, i expect Utd to get the ball down, play down the flanks and get the ball into the box early, to see if we have the stomach for the battle.

Utd always give us a hard time, and in the last few occasions, have at least hit the net twice.

Us, the supporters, r sitting here, knowing what the starting 11 will face when the whistle blows, not a team that will let us piss about looking for an easy afternoon. we saw what happened 2 weeks ago at tynecastle when we never faced up to the challenge.

So i ask again, will the manager put out a team of warriors ready to battle for 90 mins to secure three points, or a team of boys, who get bullied from journeymen midfielders, and strikers?

I expect this time, for the real Glasgow Rangers to stand up and do the jersey proud.

:rangers:

If the players don't have the stomach for the battle after their meek surrender at Tynecastle we,the fans,will know realistically that the title is a goner despite some posting that there is still half a season to go,scum will drop points etc

next fortnight could b a watershed.

win all three, and it a sprint to the end.

lose 2 out of the three, merely a going through the motion job, hoping again for miracles.

thse three games really r massive.

2 at home 1 away, and ur biggest rivals on your patch.

no excuses in next fortnight.

I'm nervous about to tomorrow to be honest. The team will take a huge leap in confidence if we win and should start us off on a wee run of wins hopefully. A draw or defeat is not acceptable tomorrow if we are to contend for the title.

Simple game plan tomorrow - play tidy football on the deck and go at them on the counter attack. Need to make sure we don't give any daft set plays away tomorrow because they have plenty of height and are dangerous (plus we can't defend corners very well).

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Burke / Aaron / McCulloch

Miller

Boyd

Dare I say we play Lee McCulloch on the left maybe? The big man isn't much of a footballer but gets stuck in and is not the type of guy to shurk a tackle or a header. Will be a very physical game and feel that he could play a part. Burke / Aaron might be a bit light weight but at least have a bit of pace and craft about them. To put it simply - if Beasley starts tomorrow we will almost certainly not win the game, he is just not cut out for these kind of games, but my gut feeling is that WS will start him :(

good team. i will stick by mcgregor.one more mistake, and yes i think NA deserves a chance.

also i commend u onsticking by whitaker. a gamble i think, as he cruelly exposed twice a the tattie bowl at right back when the heat was on, especially in the air.

i ask, who will pick up wilkie at any set peice?

even throw ins from 35 yards out, they launch it in to the melting pot for the big boys. how many times have we fell foul of that tactic against them?

good team. i will stick by mcgregor.one more mistake, and yes i think NA deserves a chance.

also i commend u onsticking by whitaker. a gamble i think, as he cruelly exposed twice a the tattie bowl at right back when the heat was on, especially in the air.

i ask, who will pick up wilkie at any set peice?

even throw ins from 35 yards out, they launch it in to the melting pot for the big boys. how many times have we fell foul of that tactic against them?

See thats where I think McCulloch would come in handy if he did start. Could you imagine the likes of Beasley challenging Wilkie for a header? We have to be physical tomorrow but play football at the same time, hopefully we have learned our lesson from the Hearts game and don't punt the ball into the box at every possible opportunity.

As for Whittaker - I like the guy and think he needs a wee run of games to get the match sharpness back. The mistakes will stop if he does. He gets stuck in and runs the flanks better than Broadfoot. Not a Broadfoot hater but not his biggest fan - would much rather he played CB than RB.

1-0 scrappy victory maybe?

I'm nervous about to tomorrow to be honest. The team will take a huge leap in confidence if we win and should start us off on a wee run of wins hopefully. A draw or defeat is not acceptable tomorrow if we are to contend for the title.

Simple game plan tomorrow - play tidy football on the deck and go at them on the counter attack. Need to make sure we don't give any daft set plays away tomorrow because they have plenty of height and are dangerous (plus we can't defend corners very well).

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Dare I say we play Lee McCulloch on the left maybe? The big man isn't much of a footballer but gets stuck in and is not the type of guy to shurk a tackle or a header. Will be a very physical game and feel that he could play a part. Burke / Aaron might be a bit light weight but at least have a bit of pace and craft about them. To put it simply - if Beasley starts tomorrow we will almost certainly not win the game, he is just not cut out for these kind of games, but my gut feeling is that WS will start him :(

Good call on the team but apparently Bougherra is an injury doubt so even if he starts I'd keep McCulloch on the bench in case there's a problem

Considering our record at Tannadice there's no reason to be confident on this one, but in the 3-3 draw we did cut their defence open again and again. If we had avoided the stupid give away goals we'd have won comfortably. It won't be easy, but we are quite capable of winning this one.

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Forget McCulloch - this is football, not wrestling

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Good call on the team but apparently Bougherra is an injury doubt so even if he starts I'd keep McCulloch on the bench in case there's a problem

Considering our record at Tannadice there's no reason to be confident on this one, but in the 3-3 draw we did cut their defence open again and again. If we had avoided the stupid give away goals we'd have won comfortably. It won't be easy, but we are quite capable of winning this one.

Don't try smooth us over Timmy.

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Who are you?

Complain about me to the mods, then, if you think that

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Who are you?

I am mayboleloyal_atb, no complaining about you here will do me fine thank you.

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Who are you?

I am mayboleloyal_atb, No, complaining about you here will do me fine thank you.

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Who are you?

I am mayboleloyal_atb, No, complaining about you here will do me fine thank you.

Trying to up your post count?

will the manager, give us a Glsasgow Rangers starting 11, who, now, know that between tomorrow and the end of may, every game will feel like another uefa cup final to us, the fans.

Cause, i for one, believe now that jungle jim has all silly big time charlie notions extinguished, u can bet they will want another slice of that pie, so u know they will b up for it.

i ask this, every time in the last few seasons since Craig Levien became manager, and we whipped them 5-0 on Walters first game back, every single game has been a war.

Utd, to their credit, attack jimmy, like they do us.

So tomorrow, i expect Utd to get the ball down, play down the flanks and get the ball into the box early, to see if we have the stomach for the battle.

Utd always give us a hard time, and in the last few occasions, have at least hit the net twice.

Us, the supporters, r sitting here, knowing what the starting 11 will face when the whistle blows, not a team that will let us piss about looking for an easy afternoon. we saw what happened 2 weeks ago at tynecastle when we never faced up to the challenge.

So i ask again, will the manager put out a team of warriors ready to battle for 90 mins to secure three points, or a team of boys, who get bullied from journeymen midfielders, and strikers?

I expect this time, for the real Glasgow Rangers to stand up and do the jersey proud.

:rangers:

You've been taking English lessons from minstral haven't you?

I'd go for

Alexander

Whittaker

Weir

Magik

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Ferguson

Miller

Boyd

Who are you?

Trying to up your post count?

EDIT: Infact all I did was answer the question you asked me.

No not in anyway, just think due to a good few of your comments you are an Earl. Just because all the big posters aren't here to wind you up doesn't mean the small posters can't sneak in. God Save The Queen.

Anyone else have a GOOD feeling about today's game? :) We have every right to fear this game, or at least treat it with a bit of trepidation. However, I really do think this will be one of those games where we say after it...."Why were we worried"? I hope I'm right, I'm going for a 3-1 win!!

:rangers: :rangers:

I think we were all really worried last season going through to hearts on a wednesday night

2 quick goals

2 in the second half

4-0

But this will probably be the hardest game of the season so far...

the hardest, or one of the easiest, we dont know what dundee utd will turn up, the one that cant beat hamilton or killie (home or away so far this season) or the one that can all of a sudden go toe to toe with the old firm