Old Firm Games at Ibrox

Imodium

My first experience of an OF game was the first one of the Advocaat era. Finished 0-0 but was a very good experience despite the lack of goals. The lasting memory I have of that game was when Tosh Mckinley came on as a sub and got a huge cheer from the Gers support - minutes later he hit the bar with a cracking shot!

The best game I attended was the 5-1 win in Nov 2000 when Ferguson opened the scoring with a neat move with Reyna. The atmosphere was one of the top 3 I have ever experienced at Ibrox.

The worst was when we lost 2-1 in April 05 the game that the wee rat Bellamy scored in. Just felt that the title was gone at that point, still remains the only Gers game I have left before 90mins.

Share your experience in the build up to Dec 27.

Merry X Mas and goodwill to all!

BEST 3-0 game january 1975 this was the result the began the end of septics 9iar dominance

Worst 5-1 at darkhead when wilson got sent off and lubo had a field day

best 3-0 when big colin mcadam scored i was with durranty at this game only young guys

worst same 5-1 defeat and i never forget when it was 5 the fourth official put up 5 mins injury time and i looked to my mate and said aw feck this could get worse

Best victory wise defo 5-1 though the 2-2 game when Woods and Butcher got sent off was by far the most atmospheric and amazing OF game at Ibrox. Still get goosebumps watching Goughies equaliser and seeeing Timmy leave in droves.

Worst for me was 2-1 in helicopter season where we just lay down and died. Think thats the worst OF game i have seen at Ibrox. I was lucky enough to miss the couple of 2-0 and 3-0 defeats. (tu)

The best 2 games for me were both draws!

4-4 in 1986 & 2-2 in 1987. Seen us hump them numerous times & its always magic, but for sheer excitement, those two games stand out.

I dont remember any particular worst game, i try to forget these ones.

4-4 in 1986 & 2-2 in 1987. Seen us hump them numerous times & its always magic, but for sheer excitement, those two games stand out.

4-4 game was a cracker as well it had everything some great goals and did they not get a red card as well in that game think it was willie mcstay

4-4 game was a cracker as well it had everything some great goals and did they not get a red card as well in that game think it was willie mcstay

Aye Willie McStay got sent off.

Best: Rangers 3 Celtic 0 (Durrant, Cooper McMinn) Thought it was in October '85 but it was 9th November. My Dad and uncle's last Old Firm game. I believe there is no footage, due to a TV contractual issue.

That was a brilliant game. Always pissed me off that there's no coverage. We tore them apart that day. The east enclosure was mental.

Aye Willie McStay got sent off.

Best: Rangers 3 Celtic 0 (Durrant, Cooper McMinn) Thought it was in October '85 but it was 9th November. My Dad and uncle's last Old Firm game. I believe there is no footage, due to a TV contractual issue.

That was a brilliant game. Always pissed me off that there's no coverage. We tore them apart that day. The east enclosure was mental.

I was in the 2nd row of the Govan, almost on the half way line. I remember before kick off, Davie Provan getting the most abuse I've ever heard one fan give a player. He was over from Northern Ireland and it was safe to say he was "up for the game". At one point, I think even Provan doubted his own gender. :D

It's a game that's etched into my memory forever.

4-4 McCoist kisses his boot in celebration.

2-2 What a comeback! I love how the sound goes mental, like the TV microphone bursts and Aitken and Grant collapse!

:mutley:

They should show old games to the foreign players, but they probably learned enough in the 1st one this season.

My first old firm game was at ibrox and it was when Flo signed for us for 12m....5-1 final result and what a game.

My worst would have to be a few seasons ago at ibrox in feburary. We only lost 1-0 but i couldn't have been any closer to the celtic fans. Put me of my pie :(

Best: 5-1 1988

Worst: 0-1, Lou Macari's first game in charge. The Tim support had been banned from the ground for that game and there was noone to shout at. That and the manky bastards nicked a victory. :(

was the game that fans were banned not a 1-1 draw when we scored late on

Worst: 0-1, Lou Macari's first game in charge. The Tim support had been banned from the ground for that game and there was noone to shout at. That and the manky bastards nicked a victory. :(

I was born on that year so it was before my time, why were the tims banned from that match??

I was born on that year so it was before my time, why were the tims banned from that match??

because they had been wrecking the seats and toilets for years and i think the previous time before celtic never paid for the damage so moonbeams put a 1 game ban on them to try to get them to behave

Yes,the mhanky ban game was 1-1.

Willie Mcstay crocked Big Ted and got sent off.I'm sure this tackle was the cause of the big man losing part of his leg.Mcstay should have got 12 years in Bar-L

Willie Mcstay crocked Big Ted and got sent off.I'm sure this tackle was the cause of the big man losing part of his leg.Mcstay should have got 12 years in Bar-L

hangings too good for him

were you slightly merry last evening mr steak

3-1 in the 9 in a row season

albetz scored that rocket of a free kick and eric bo andersen came off the bench to score twice jorge cadet had a goal wrongfully disallowed also so that made it sweeter.

worst was that 3-0 one when lubo scored twice, the season was already lost at that point anyway so were just playing for pride but got totally humped

favourite old firm game ever for me was either 3-2 at hampden or 3-0 at parkhead

hangings too good for him

were you slightly merry last evening mr steak

Bonkers-the cider's fault!