Strathclyde Police to Double the Amount of Officers at Old Firm Game

contacts

You've read the words of some slavering tims & taken it as gospel. I would simply point out that there is no evidence to back up your/their claims. There is undoubtably an agenda against Rangers, and this is fuelled by those who hate us. Don't insult my intelligence by suggesting there is even-handed treatment on both sides.

Where have i suggested that ?

here?

I remember this fact before the game at the piggery in August...result was not one arrest for singing this song but a clampdown on the use of the word Hun.

and you backed it up here...

Anecdotal evidence from there supporters groups only. People ejected for saying the word hun and scarves with hun confiscated and thrown in the bins at the door

That suggests(to me) that you believe there is something being done at the piggery. I simply don't believe it. If you choose to believe them then you are insulting your own intelligence.

You seem to be missing something. You've lost a certain je ne sais quoi.

Does this mean CR is on the beer? :shifty:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all the sentiments of a whole Ibrox belting it out as I do not believe this wee chorus is anything but a few words taking the Mickey out of some plastic Paddies. We do NOT sing the so called verses that sprung up on the internet.

Having said that when there are a few hefty Glasgow policemen nearby looking for trouble then it is a different story and they can be very intimidating.

I also believe the Transport Police along side the normal police - some of whom may well be Tims - will attempt to exercise their authority at subway stations. That may be the first flash point.

If the fans belt out the song en-mass and the police react in a strong way all hell will break loose.

If SDM has ordered a clamp down with extra police HE should issue a Public Statement in advance WARNING all of the fans. He should also tell CFC fans that IRA chants and h*** and DOB will receive the same treatment.

This could be a tinder keg of a match.

This is worrying. SDM will lose a lot of Season Tickets next year is my bet.

You've read the words of some slavering tims & taken it as gospel. I would simply point out that there is no evidence to back up your/their claims. There is undoubtably an agenda against Rangers, and this is fuelled by those who hate us. Don't insult my intelligence by suggesting there is even-handed treatment on both sides.

here?

I remember this fact before the game at the piggery in August...result was not one arrest for singing this song but a clampdown on the use of the word h**.

Anecdotal evidence from there supporters groups only. People ejected for saying the word h** and scarves with h** confiscated and thrown in the bins at the door

That suggests(to me) that you believe there is something being done at the piggery. I simply don't believe it. If you choose to believe them then you are insulting your own intelligence.

The fact was we were told by the club, via a supporters website and the RST that we would all be arrested for singing TFS. I don't know how much clearer i make this. I think i will give up......

This will result in crowd trouble if they try to arrest people en masse while ignoring songs about the IRA.

That would be the worst thing possible for the club, fans and a PR disaster whilst playing right into timmy hands. People have to be smarter.

here?

I remember this fact before the game at the piggery in August...result was not one arrest for singing this song but a clampdown on the use of the word h**.

Anecdotal evidence from there supporters groups only. People ejected for saying the word h** and scarves with h** confiscated and thrown in the bins at the door

The fact was we were told by the club, via a supporters website and the RST that we would all be arrested for singing TFS. I don't know how much clearer i make this. I think i will give up......

But what about all those confiscated scarves & flags? Who started that rumour? YOU.

I didn't mention flags and I didn't start the rumour merely repeated information I read.

Of course it being planted there to fool gullible people like me is far more likely than it actually happening. The point of it is beyond me as it reflects badly on the people posting it but I am sure you are correct.

Of course it being planted there to fool gullible people like me is far more likely than it actually happening. The point of it is beyond me as it reflects badly on the people posting it but I am sure you are correct.

I'm always correct. Ask anyone on here, they'll tell you. :pipe:

I pay 400 quid for my season ticket, and I'm sure some fans pay more, I don't think a lot of Rangers fans are going to risk getting there session tickets taken of them and (possibly) banned for signing a song.

On the other hand we should have the right to say and sing what we want, but free speech in the country has gone out the window and replaced with the politically correct.

And how are the police going to record 40,000 rangers fans on CCTV?, And where is the CCTV in the stadium?, no doubt the polis will be out with there hand held cameras again recording the Rangers fans.

Also I over heard something, Blow up tattys at ibrox on the 27th ;)

Guest Andypendek

I'm telling you, stick a packet of Smash in your jook. They're not really Irish and Smash isn't really potatoes: it's perfect. Much easier to hide down your pants than a spud as well, unless you want people to think you have a cock shaped like a King Edward.

And if anyone tries to do you for carrying an offensive packet of smash.....well, you can't buy that sort of publicity.

Three sides of Ibrox waving Smash in contempt of timmy...it's a winner!!!

I'm telling you, stick a packet of Smash in your jook. They're not really Irish and Smash isn't really potatoes: it's perfect. Much easier to hide down your pants than a spud as well, unless you want people to think you have a cock shaped like a King Edward.

And if anyone tries to do you for carrying an offensive packet of smash.....well, you can't buy that sort of publicity.

i would love to see that happen andy. :lol:

We'd be called racist because the Smash is white (ish).

They really are a very primitive people.

They think these are potatoes.

But stop laughing, it gets worse, they think they are irish :mutley:

smash3.jpg

There has been serious internal arguments within Strathclyde Police at this decision. Folk may deny it if they like and yes decisions can be changed but at this present moment the agenda has been set.

I really don't care if folk don't believe me on this as my sole reason for posting this story was to give fellow bears advance warning on what has been planned. It is not for me to decide if folk should or should not sing the famine song but it is better to alert fans rather than keep these things secret.

I would love to see the whole of Ibrox belting it out, see what they do then.

The whole of Ibrox SHOULD be belting it out on the 27th. Would be very disapointed with our support if we didn't.

Yeh because seeing police hauling Bears out of the stands at regular intervals during the match would really wind those Tims right up wouldnt it! <cr>

They'd be pissing themselves at us...

I trust the majority of Bears will engage their brains and not sing it.

A Mass rendition of the Sash (without ftp :)) would be FAR more effective - and wouldnt result in a few Bears losing their season tickets or being arrested as fall guys.

I would love to see the whole of Ibrox belting it out, see what they do then.

The whole of Ibrox SHOULD be belting it out on the 27th. Would be very disapointed with our support if we didn't.

Yeh because seeing police hauling Bears out of the stands at regular intervals during the match would really wind those Tims right up wouldnt it! <cr>

They'd be pissing themselves at us...

I trust the majority of Bears will engage their brains and not sing it.

A Mass rendition of the Sash (without ftp :)) would be FAR more effective - and wouldnt result in a few Bears losing their season tickets or being arrested as fall guys.

If you can trust the majority of bears to use their heads and not sing the 'famine chant' then perhaps you don't need to remind bears not to use add-ons for the Sash.

There has been serious internal arguments within Strathclyde Police at this decision. Folk may deny it if they like and yes decisions can be changed but at this present moment the agenda has been set.

I really don't care if folk don't believe me on this as my sole reason for posting this story was to give fellow bears advance warning on what has been planned. It is not for me to decide if folk should or should not sing the famine song but it is better to alert fans rather than keep these things secret.

Who doesn't believe you ?

It's blatantly obvious that they'll be policing this chant more from now on, a sherrif court has ruled it to be racist, the Police have issued wanings that it may lead to arrest, the club have asked it's supporters not to sing it and are hiring grasses to get their own convicted, politicians and the mhedia have been competing with one another to prove who can be most disgusted about the chant and Mopes are complaining that it's making their children cry.

Anyone who doesn't believe you needs a brain transplant.

They still sell that stuff? You could have mash wi yer bovril at half time!