Disabled drivers' fury at Rangers goalie...

disgruntled_bear

HERE is Rangers star Allan McGregor's £120,000 car - parked in a space for disabled drivers.

The goalie left his Bentley in the reserved bay at a shopping centre before he and fiancee Leah Shevlin walked off laughing.

One onlooker said: "He did not seem to care. They walked away laughing.

"He headed into Halfords without a care in the world.

"It's a beautiful big car but you would think a guy as fit as he is wouldn't have to park so close to the stores.

"It made a lot of people angry. Guys like him should be setting an example."

McGregor swung into one of just three disabled bays in one section of the car park at Braehead, near Glasgow.

MSPs want to stop vultures who exploit the fact parking in disabled spaces in retail parks and supermarkets is not illegal.

Labour backbencher Jackie Baillie wants all disabled bay chancers to be hit with an automatic £30 penalty.

She said: "This is disappointing behaviour from someone who should be acting as a role model."

The SundayMail has been fighting for a new lawsince 2006, through the Access All Areas campaign.

Between 20 and 44 per cent of disabled bays are used by able-bodied drivers. Almost 85 per cent of the spaces are not enforceable by law.

Capability Scotland's Richard Hamer said: "The abuse of disabled people's parking spaces is a constant source of frustration.

"We hope Mr McGregor will think about the impact his actions have on disabled people."

The Scotland keeper was unavailable for comment last night.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/scottish-...78057-20999659/

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate people who do this but come on to fcuk aye - there are hundreds of ignorant and selfish people out there who park in disabled bays. Just because it's McGregor it's plastered in the rags.

I do admit that McGregor needs a boot up the arse, he could start off by getting riid of that fiancee of his!

I get terrible vibes from Mcgregor,I honestly wish he weren't a Rangers player.

i lost all respect for him when he could not observe a miutes silence for king kai.

Yep that was disgraceful, but he wasn't the only one that let himself down that day :mad:

Think I missed this, what happened?

i lost all respect for him when he could not observe a miutes silence for king kai.

Yep that was disgraceful, but he wasn't the only one that let himself down that day :mad:

McGregor and Boyd showing a lack of respect.

McGregor and Boyd showing a lack of respect.

Applauding but talking to each other grinning iirc.