***The Official St. Johnstone v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And no Aaron.

Go home wee man, dont let this old cunt waste you.

You could at least show some respect for the Rangers manager. <_<

Aaron hasn't earned a starting place yet.....he's been distinctly average in the majority of his reserve games.

And no Aaron.

Aaron hasn't earned a starting place yet.....he's been distinctly average in the majority of his reserve games.

That may well be the case (I'm unable to watch reserve games) but I'll be willing to bet he'd still offer a hell of a lot more than Adam, McCulloch or Lafferty would on the wing. Either way I hope Naismith takes his chance and plays well.

And no Aaron.

He was average but improved greatly in the last few games leading up to the break. I agree for him not to start as this will be a hard game tonight, especially if we don't get an early goal.

Back At Last

Andrew Dickson reports from McDiarmid Park

STEVEN NAISMITH will make his first start in almost nine months tonight as Rangers take on St Johnstone in the fourth round of the Scottish Cup.

Ironically, his top-team return comes against the same team he suffered serious cruciate knee ligament damage against at the semi-final stage of last season's competition.

Naismith has made fantastic progress in his rehabilitation and completed his first 90 minutes in a bounce game with Morton last Wednesday.

Now he comes straight back into the starting XI after four comeback outings and his appearance will give the travelling Light Blues fans a massive lift prior to kick off.

The 22-year-old represents the only change to the Gers team that won 3-0 at Caley Thistle in the SPL nine days ago.

He comes in for Nacho Novo and Walter Smith will hope the former Kilmarnock youngster can provide a solution for the so far problematic left-midfield position.

Kris Boyd starts, despite a projected move to English Championship outfit Birmingham City breaking down last week, and he is joined up front by Kenny Miller.

Allan McGregor continues in goal with Kirk Broadfoot, David Weir, Madjid Bougherra and Sasa Papac in front of him as usual.Kris Boyd

Steven Davis, Pedro Mendes and captain Barry Ferguson make up the other three in midfield beside Naismith.

Spaniard Novo, meanwhile, drops to the bench alongside Lee McCulloch, Neil Alexander and teenage pair John Fleck and Danny Wilson.

The winners of tonight's meeting between Forfar Athletic and Forres Mechanics await whoever comes out on top in Perth.

ST JOHNSTONE: Main, Irvine, Hanlon, Morris, Rutkiewicz, McCaffrey, Millar, Craig, Holmes, Jackson, Swankie.

Subs: McLean, Gartland, Sheerin, Samuel, Milne.

RANGERS: McGregor; Broadfoot, Weir, Bougherra, Papac; Davis, Mendes, Ferguson, Naismith; Boyd, Miller.

Subs: Alexander, Novo, McCulloch, Fleck, Wilson.

Referee: Dougie McDonald.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1519061,00.html

F*ck me, Lee on the bench.

I couldn't see a central midfielder on the bench but then I remembered McCulloch can play everywhere :craphead:

Fleck and Davis.

IMO, Aaron should be in there ahead of McCulloch.