Peter Lovenkrands

Muff

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt leGuen say he want him?? Im sure he publicly came out and said he wanted him as a CF?

Has his form been that bad at Shalke? Or has someone extra special ben keeping him out?

PLG did want him to stay, as he was a free agent he and he alone chose to move, obviously he got a bigger signing on fee because he was a free agent.

Peter Lovenkrands is willing to accept a token wage to return to Rangers after being released by Schalke 04.

Lovenkrands returned to his Glasgow home yesterday with his wife and child and has been offered training facilities at Murray Park by the manager, Walter Smith.

Rangers have consistently ruled out a return for the attacker for financial reasons but sources close to the Dane last night claimed he is prepared to reject all interested parties - Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United, Villarreal and Marseille - to stay in Scotland.

The 28-year-old earned £40,000 per week at Schalke and has received a severance package for the remaining six months of his contract. He has made around £5m in total since joining Rangers from AB Copenhagen in 1999 and, while he could earn around £20,000 per week elsewhere, he will make it known to Rangers that he will accept a rate of pay in line with lower-ranking first-team players in order to stay in Glasgow for the sake of his family Lovenkrands admitted his regret at leaving Rangers despite the Germans doubling his salary. "There have been times when I have wondered what would have happened if I had stayed on and then had the chance to work under Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall, all of whom I know are good men," he said. "I was not to know things were going to work out the way they have. That is hard to take at times."

Lovenkrands would be welcomed back by the majority of the Rangers support and could provide a cost-effective solution to the left midfield problem. Charlie Adam has been told he can leave, Lee McCulloch is attracting interest from Ipswich Town, Rangers will listen to offers for winger DaMarcus Beasley while Kyle Lafferty, who is out with a knee injury, will be given a run up front when he recovers.

Whilst i'm glad to hear that Lovenkrands is happy to take a MAJOR pay cut to be back here with his family and join our team, he can provide back up or maybe finally be played in the position he is best in?

The most interesting part is in bold.

Adam told he can leave :D

Lee McCulloch attracting interesting from Ipswich Town, maybe its not all bad!

Would he take a massive drop in wages?

If he wants to move back to Glasgow and Rangers then he'd have to - if he wants it that bad then money wont matter!

Adam scenario is no surprise, don't think McCulloch would actually agree to go to Ipswich, and as for the possibility of Lovenkrands returning, well irrespective of any pay cut it would really depend on which players do leave and how many.

Apart from all that how much of this is actually factual as I don't see any definitive quotes from any player or management team.

If he wants to move back to Glasgow and Rangers then he'd have to - if he wants it that bad then money wont matter!

He has said he would take a cut in wages, you can't argue with that.

A lot of teams are after Lovenkrands, and if we get him on a free on a reduced wage, we will have done a very good deal.

Money doesn't matter i'm sure this time around, he said he'd take a wage cut to join his family back in glasgow, and obviously us.

Peter Lovenkrands is willing to accept a token wage to return to Rangers after being released by Schalke 04.

Lovenkrands returned to his Glasgow home yesterday with his wife and child and has been offered training facilities at Murray Park by the manager, Walter Smith.

Rangers have consistently ruled out a return for the attacker for financial reasons but sources close to the Dane last night claimed he is prepared to reject all interested parties - Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United, Villarreal and Marseille - to stay in Scotland.

The 28-year-old earned £40,000 per week at Schalke and has received a severance package for the remaining six months of his contract. He has made around £5m in total since joining Rangers from AB Copenhagen in 1999 and, while he could earn around £20,000 per week elsewhere, he will make it known to Rangers that he will accept a rate of pay in line with lower-ranking first-team players in order to stay in Glasgow for the sake of his family Lovenkrands admitted his regret at leaving Rangers despite the Germans doubling his salary. "There have been times when I have wondered what would have happened if I had stayed on and then had the chance to work under Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall, all of whom I know are good men," he said. "I was not to know things were going to work out the way they have. That is hard to take at times."

Lovenkrands would be welcomed back by the majority of the Rangers support and could provide a cost-effective solution to the left midfield problem. Charlie Adam has been told he can leave, Lee McCulloch is attracting interest from Ipswich Town, Rangers will listen to offers for winger DaMarcus Beasley while Kyle Lafferty, who is out with a knee injury, will be given a run up front when he recovers.

Whilst i'm glad to hear that Lovenkrands is happy to take a MAJOR pay cut to be back here with his family and join our team, he can provide back up or maybe finally be played in the position he is best in?

The most interesting part is in bold.

Adam told he can leave :D

Lee McCulloch attracting interesting from Ipswich Town, maybe its not all bad!

Charlie Adam has been told he can leave, Lee McCulloch is attracting interest from Ipswich Town, Rangers will listen to offers for winger DaMarcus Beasley while Kyle Lafferty, who is out with a knee injury, will be given a run up front when he recovers

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

though I wouldn't mind keeping Damarcus...

Apart from all that how much of this is actually factual as I don't see any definitive quotes from any player or management team.

Nah, no quotes.

Just the idea of Adam and McCulloch leaving got me rather excited :bouncy:

:lol:

where's that then?

the only position i can recall him being even vaguely useful for us before was cf, and of the strikers we have he'd be last to get a game if it was up to me.

If he takes a massive cut then I supoose he'd be a decent signning but only if he was played through the middle!

Well he was quoted as saying he'd happily take a cut from £40,000 to being paid what the lower earners of our club are paid, so he can rejoin us and be with his family.

I'd like to see him played through the middle too.

But, you could take bets now he'll be on the LW :anguish:

On 9 January 2009, Radio Clyde reported that Løvenkrands was back training at Rangers and had agreed to take a nominal wage.

So he's training with Rangers today?

Interesting.

I've not been listening to RC, can anyone confirm this?

where's that then?

the only position i can recall him being even vaguely useful for us before was cf, and of the strikers we have he'd be last to get a game if it was up to me.

I would play him ahead of everyone in a 4-5-1 and, with Boyd in a 4-4-2. And, given he is only 28 still, and, on a free, willing to take low wages, it SHOULD be a no brainer, a real no brainer. A pacy striker, with experience of SPL AND europe, scores against big teams, why are they even stalling?

thats all we need another duck egg at the club. when you think that walter has not got a clue and we may as well bring back richard gough.

He is one of the very few I would take back my man. Him up front with distribution from Mendes & Davis? Awesome that would be. Plus, in Europe, we would actually be dangerous on the counter!