Peter Lovenkrands

Muff

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon he'd be willing to take a massive pay cut, if he isn't prepared to return with his tail between his legs and accept the financial position we are in then he'll need to look elsewhere.

Id take him back in a second. His pace was frightening and when our backs were up against the walls he could come up with a single moment of magic to turn the game, i.e Villareal, Porto and Inter Milan.

Something we have lacked for the last few seasons is pace upfront in the starting 11. Yes Novo is fast but he isnt good enough to start every week.

On a free,there is no reason why not to take him,if it doesnt work out we havnt made a loss,his wages will be balanced by those who will be leaving an january.

People would knock back Lovenkrands on a free ?

Barmy!

Offer him £12000 per week and we're making an £8000 saving on Darcheville's wages with a fitter and better player.

I would have him back on a free, I just think he's bullshitting by trying to blame PLG for him leaving.

One thing though...we don't really know how fit he is or what standard he is at. It stands to reason he will not be as good as he was during his last stint. Best if he was taken on trial.

I would have him back on a free, I just think he's bullshitting by trying to blame PLG for him leaving.

One thing though...we don't really know how fit he is or what standard he is at. It stands to reason he will not be as good as he was during his last stint. Best if he was taken on trial.

I don't think his fitness will be a problem, even though he fell out of favour at the club he would have still been on the strict diets implemented throughout Europe.

He'd need game time obviously but a fully fit Lovenkrands would be an asset to the team so it's worth the gamble.

He costs nothing so like JCD it is only wages that make up the package. We paid a couple of million for donkeys like McCulloch and Whittaker and pay them wages as well.

He is still only 28 so there will be a sell on value as well, don't see the risk or the problem, paying £2.75 million for Edu and £3.75 million for Lafferty is what I call a risk/waste of money.

He costs nothing so like JCD it is only wages that make up the package. We paid a couple of million for donkeys like McCulloch and Whittaker and pay them wages as well.

He is still only 28 so there will be a sell on value as well, don't see the risk or the problem, paying £2.75 million for Edu and £3.75 million for Lafferty is what I call a risk/waste of money.

(tu)

PS.

I forgot to mention Webster.

Lovenkrands scored in the big games for schalke aswell..against bayern,2 against werder away and 1 in the derby with dortmund. In these games he was played upfront with kuranyi, he was then deployed on the left as part of a front 3.

everyone is slagging boyd for not scoring in big games, and here we have a guy who has scored in big games for us already eg inter milan, villareal home and away, and plenty against the tims

he went to a better standard of league, done reasonably well and fell out of favour,

i think he has a genuine love for the club, and has a house already over here.......

and its still not good enough for some cunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP GUYS, now a days we cant even sign people in the class of Mols and Prso, never mind yer gazzas and laudrups....

I think he would be a great signing :unionflag:

jeez it's laughably embarrassing

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_4766205,00.html

Peter Lovenkrands has admitted he is flattered at being linked with a return to former club Rangers.

The Danish winger made over 100 appearances for the SPL club between 2000 and 2006 before leaving for Bundesliga outfit Schalke.

Lovenkrands is now a free agent and admits he has considered returning to Ibrox, especially now that Paul Le Guen, who allowed him to leave, is not at the helm.

The 28-year-old was perfectly happy in the first instance, but it was Le Guen's lack of enthusiasm towards his involvement that made him believe his future was away from the club.

"I know there has been speculation during last summer linking me with a move back to Rangers and that is flattering," he told the Evening Times.

Big decision

"It was a big decision for me to leave Rangers in the first place and looking back on it with hindsight, it maybe was not the correct one, but at the time I did not feel wanted.

"A new coach, Paul Le Guen, had come in, and I asked him if he wanted me and he said he was not bothered, that it was up to me whether I stayed on or went.

"As a player, it is important to feel valued and it was clear that was not the case with him. So I went.

"There have been many times when I have wondered what would have happened if I had stayed on and then had the chance to work under Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall, all of whom I know are good men.

"But I was not to know things were going to work out the way they have. That is hard to take at times."