Kirk Broadfoot is a terrible footballer

Danny

For Rangers anyway.

It amazes me to this day that while he's an 'honest enough trier who puts in effort and never lets you down ' that we consistently pick the frankly awful Broadfoot in almost every game.

Thanks to Whittaker's poor form and confidence at the moment, we aren't giving him a chance, and we're sticking with tried and tested Broadfoot.

For me it sums up the Smith regime perfectly:

Solid, uninspired, slow, cludging, unsubtle, crude, brutal (as Muff would say).

And btw he HAS let us down - held his hands up to being at fault for McDonald's goal at Ibrox.

Anyway, my point is when are people going to wake up to how utterly poor Kirk Broadfoot actually is?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is better than Whittaker, who obviously shits his pants every time he plays for Rangers. Broadfoot like Boyd has his limitations but does a decent job where he is considering it's not his natural position. Granted if we had cash we'd have someone better there, but we don't so that's the way it is.

He shouldn't be first pick for rangers in any position, though I think he is slightly better at CB than RB.

However he's pretty much the only option we have just now, another brilliant move by smith not to have any competent full backs available.

Because in most matches the rest of the team have played as poor if not poorer? Lay off him, Mendes etc. haven't exactly set the world on fire recently either.

Yes, because scoring GOTS contenders is distinctly average.

TBF, Danny, Broadfoot hasnt been that bad. But i agree he hasnt been anything special as well. He is an average footballer, unfortunatly our team is full of average players who perform well now and again and thats why we are staring down the barrel of 4 straight titles to them.

Hutton set the bar pretty high when he left mind you, we won't find another right back as good as him for a long long time.

We have 2 converted CB's playing at Full back..tells you everything

Broadfoot is what he is and last night was just one of the long string of games where he showed that he is possibly top half first division standard.

Being a trier, working hard is not enough.Luckily for him we, as a team, have the overall ability to carry 2 or 3 sub standard or off form players in most games which is why it would be absolutely no risk to start a youngster in a lot of games rather than the proven dross we keep picking.

Broadfoot is what he is and last night was just one of the long string of games where he showed that he is possibly top half first division standard.

Being a trier, working hard is not enough.

'nuff said.

Yet again Broadfoot is the whipping boy as usual! Why is it when anything goes wrong it is ALWAYS either Broadfoot, Ferguson or Walter's fault??

I have argues to the bit god knows how many times about how Broadfoot is a decent footballer on many topics about him being "terrible"!! Hate how he is regarded within the Rangers fans as he deserves much better!

Because in most matches the rest of the team have played as poor if not poorer? Lay off him, Mendes etc. haven't exactly set the world on fire recently either.

Sorry I forgot scoring good goals in a couple of games then posting missing in some others is enough to be called great.

Yet again Broadfoot is the whipping boy as usual! Why is it when anything goes wrong it is ALWAYS either Broadfoot, Ferguson or Walter's fault??

Ha! That's a plain porkey m8. Boyd got the blame against timmy way more than your Broadfoot did, even though your man caused the goal.

I've seen Adam get the blame for the war in the middle east, Miller's getting it for being pish, and even poor old Sas Papac is receiving pelters for apparently being shite. Hell even Lee McCulloch has been blamed for plenty and he's not even on the pitch half the time!

I have argues to the bit god knows how many times about how Broadfoot is a decent footballer on many topics about him being "terrible"!! Hate how he is regarded within the Rangers fans as he deserves much better!

Because Broadfoot is so painfully mediocre. An average first division defender who sums up what we're so used to that some of us think he's a good player.

Simply because he doesn't cost us every match.

Is that what it takes to be revered among our fans these days? It's not so much what you do right, it's what you don't do wrong.

That's depressing.

Sorry I forgot scoring good goals in a couple of games then posting missing in some others is enough to be called great.

I agree. I don't think Mendes has exactly been a great player since basically about early October.

But he has scored some stunning goals, and that by your definition, is indeed an achievement and 'sets the world on fire'.

Even if it's all he does.

You'd have been better saying 'Mendes hasn't done much recently bar a couple of great finishes'.

I disagree, there have been the odd game where he has been quiet yes, as has everyone in our side, but the majority of the time he has been brilliant. His passing and vision is a joy to watch, and he isnt afraid to get stuck in when needed either, and thats without even mentioning his top drawer goals.

Pedro is some player, and has been a great signing and exactly the type of player we needed. Pity we are lumbered with the rest of the dross round about him.

i rekon he could do a good job at centre half but he is no way a full back

Keep him away from CB! He's a bombscare!

I agree with him being terrible and it's part of our problem when we have too many players like that in our team. He would be a decent backup but the guy should be nowhere near the starting line up every week.

The positive comments about him are usually 'He tries hard and is a Rangers supporter' or 'He has a great attitude' but that's not good enough on it's on. You have to have the ability to match it.

I agree. I don't think Mendes has exactly been a great player since basically about early October.

But he has scored some stunning goals, and that by your definition, is indeed an achievement and 'sets the world on fire'.

Even if it's all he does.

You'd have been better saying 'Mendes hasn't done much recently bar a couple of great finishes'.

Setting the world on fire to me would be playing great almost every game.

He is fcuking brutal and it shows how far we have fallen. One of the worst footballers I have ever seen - no pace, poor touch, distribution is terrible, positional sense in non existan, terrible in the air....the sad thing is, he's slightly better than our £2m signing, Steven Whittaker. Kirk Broadfoot has cost us on a number of occassions this season - people seem to think because he cut short his summer holidays, he works hard and always gives his all, that he's good enough. Sorry but that doesn't was with me.

RB, CB, LB, anywhere, Kirk Broadfoot is a complete and utter liability.

We played him at CB against them... look where that got us mate

1 fucking game that means he is crap, john terry must be crap as well then cause he played against man utd and look where that got them :doh:

We played him at CB against them... look where that got us mate

1 fucking game that means he is crap, john terry must be crap as well then cause he played against man utd and look where that got them :doh:

Not one game mate calm... Kirk Broadfoot is an average CB... at best! He's never set the heather alight anytime he has featured at CB for us

I disagree, there have been the odd game where he has been quiet yes, as has everyone in our side, but the majority of the time he has been brilliant. His passing and vision is a joy to watch

When he gets them right, aye.

He has a touch of the Charlie Adams about him - tries so many Hollywood passes - only get about 4 out of 10 right.

But it's the 4 you notice, not the 6 you don't

Ha! That's a plain porkey m8. Boyd got the blame against timmy way more than your Broadfoot did, even though your man caused the goal.

I've seen Adam get the blame for the war in the middle east, Miller's getting it for being pish, and even poor old Sas Papac is receiving pelters for apparently being shite. Hell even Lee McCulloch has been blamed for plenty and he's not even on the pitch half the time!

Because Broadfoot is so painfully mediocre. An average first division defender who sums up what we're so used to that some of us think he's a good player.

Simply because he doesn't cost us every match.

Is that what it takes to be revered among our fans these days? It's not so much what you do right, it's what you don't do wrong.

That's depressing.

If your going to try and prove us wrong make sure you spell your words correct ;)

Would argue with you and prove that I am right but got better things to do than waste time arguing with you :):rangers:

Keep him away from CB! He's a bombscare!

I agree with him being terrible and it's part of our problem when we have too many players like that in our team. He would be a decent backup but the guy should be nowhere near the starting line up every week.

The positive comments about him are usually 'He tries hard and is a Rangers supporter' or 'He has a great attitude' but that's not good enough on it's on. You have to have the ability to match it.

he has played ONE game at centre half and yes he made ONE mistake (admittedly the worst game he could have done so) but apart from that error he did nothing wrong.

im NOT saying he should be first pick as i would rather play jordan or that davies lad ahead of him but we have to be realistic.

For all the people saying such and such isnt good enough we need new players how do you suggest we get these new players WE HAVE NO MONEY FFS