Some of our fans have changed

minstral

i was just thinking how some of our fans have changed and will sit back and do nothing when things get bad.

we have won 2 titles in the last decade, yet some fans are willing to accept that and still think our owner can do no wrong.

also our owner and manager seem happy to attack their own fans because we dare criticize them when things are not going well at the club.

walter on the radio today said if we are not happy then come up with solutions that would improve things. really walter is that not what you are paid for.

was just thinking back to when john greig was our manager for about 5 and a bit seasons, and did not do to well.

the season 1983-84 was the end game for john greig, and the fans were fed up at our lack of success and after we never won any of our first 3 league games the pressure was on.

we then lost 2-0 to aberdeen and thousands of us demonstrated outside the main entrance to show our displeasure. there was a bit of a revival after that, but we lost 2-1 at home to motherwell and there was a mass demonstration outside the ground and john greig resigned 6 days later.

and when you think that john greig was a rangers hero, but the fans could take no more and were not willing to sit back and watch the decline in the club they loved.

what amazes me is SOME of our fans can see no wrong in our owner and manager, and will follow them over the end of a cliff. the accuse us of being faceless fans hiding behind our computers sniping all the time. well walter i will meet you face to face along with our owner, and tell you that 2 titles is not acceptable, and the money you have wasted on players and dont even play them. but i know for a fact that they wont meet with the fans.

i have had my rant, but some fans should waken up and if we dont win the title should demonstrate outside the main entrance. if we dont then we could be a long time in the wilderness and allow the scum another nine in a row.

Great post minstral. I would hope that this year will see some success from smith & mccoist. the major worry is that it doesnt and then we succumb to another 3 or 4 years of shit whilst the begghars prosper.

i seriously dont think we have anything to worry about. the chasm is nowhere nea as great now as it was in the days upi mentioned earlier. plus we have a few real gems coming thru the ranks - young fleck did magnificently today.

keep the chin u big man - the fights ahead will be close fought, but we will win our share.

all the best.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"whose" not "who's"

a fucking shite first post I agree, but I abhor bad spelling and grammar.

It should have been 'its' and not 'it's' as well.

You'll need to buck up your act if you're planning to be one of the board's pedants :pipe:

a point well made.

Only the glory hunters would choose a club over the make of there goods mate. We dont need them.

However you are correct with the financial benefits of the "glory hunters" though bud.

I do agree with that mate. However if these gloryhunters are crazed japs who buy a couple of million tops and other such merchandise then so be it :craphead:.

Annoying when I walked into countless shops in Barcelona and then again New York and seen Celtic tops everywhere , Yet no Rangers top. Even in the JJB's in England you would struggle to get a Rangers top.

Not my biggest concern regarding Rangers at the moment though and I don't think it ever will be. Looks like it would be possible to tap into the USA market with Mo Edu and Beasley at Rangers.

i was just thinking how some of our fans have changed and will sit back and do nothing when things get bad.

we have won 2 titles in the last decade, yet some fans are willing to accept that and still think our owner can do no wrong.

also our owner and manager seem happy to attack their own fans because we dare criticize them when things are not going well at the club.

walter on the radio today said if we are not happy then come up with solutions that would improve things. really walter is that not what you are paid for.

was just thinking back to when john greig was our manager for about 5 and a bit seasons, and did not do to well.

the season 1983-84 was the end game for john greig, and the fans were fed up at our lack of success and after we never won any of our first 3 league games the pressure was on.

we then lost 2-0 to aberdeen and thousands of us demonstrated outside the main entrance to show our displeasure. there was a bit of a revival after that, but we lost 2-1 at home to motherwell and there was a mass demonstration outside the ground and john greig resigned 6 days later.

and when you think that john greig was a rangers hero, but the fans could take no more and were not willing to sit back and watch the decline in the club they loved.

what amazes me is SOME of our fans can see no wrong in our owner and manager, and will follow them over the end of a cliff. the accuse us of being faceless fans hiding behind our computers sniping all the time. well walter i will meet you face to face along with our owner, and tell you that 2 titles is not acceptable, and the money you have wasted on players and dont even play them. but i know for a fact that they wont meet with the fans.

i have had my rant, but some fans should waken up and if we dont win the title should demonstrate outside the main entrance. if we dont then we could be a long time in the wilderness and allow the scum another nine in a row.

John Greigs sides were often 3rd or 4th in a 10 team table - he was guilty of hanging on to an aging side for a couple seasons too long but his results were dire

This time are either 1st or 2nd in a 12 team league, are 8 months removed from a European Final and the last thing we need at this time is for Murray to have to pay off the contracts of Walter, Ally and Kenny McD

Some fans have changed? Maybe they have just gotten a bit smarter?

Who do you suggest replace Murray?

In 1989 if someone had asked you who the sole owner of Ranges would be by the end of the year, would you have said David Murray? I doubt it, because you wouldn't have known who he was. If he can't sell just now, he should at least step aside as Chairman and allow someone with the ambition and will to change things take over the running of the club.

and spend who's money since the club is currently being run 25% above it's income. Are you saying we should be spending 25% less than we are now?

"whose" not "who's"

a fucking shite first post I agree, but I abhor bad spelling and grammar.

Yes, your grammar is spot on after all.

I love your use of capital letters to start a sentence doh

Football is less of a working class game now so I think it's inevitable that the new fans will be less radical than the ones who were paying only a few pounds per week. As I posted before I found my old season ticket book for Souness's first championship and it was only 40 quid for the rear of the Govan

Minstral - I was going to respond to your post with a reasoned argument for SDM and Smith but am so scared of getting my grammer and spelling checked I am backing off.

Nah - I am sorry your post has to be challenged. The reason why there aint mass protests is that not every fans sees the need for change - many of us (thats the non-hysterical, team supporting, SDM backing majority) realise that SDM is putting into place a financial structure that provides longevity (Look at Chelsea - ever Abramovitch has got bored now and is trying to sell). SDM has also put into place an eperienced manager, proven winner and backed him with funds. It takes time to build for the future and Smith is only 2 years into a 3 year plan, which those of us with faith in the manager can see working. He said his first half season was about stabilising - he achieved that, second about making us difficult to beat - he achieved that (and 2 cups and a UEFA final). This season he said we would be challenging for the league and we are still there with half a season to go. He has also brought in more flair (442 with Mendes and Miller changing us froma 451). Thats the reason why most fans aint progressing - they see the plan, it has been communicated to them and they have listned, and not just made up there own version of events. Try seeing the good of what is happening and perhaps you will realise why the protesters are in the very minor minority!

I agree minstral i do think changes have to be made however when Murray said "i am your best bet" i thought fuck off.

But i thought about it and realised is there anyone out thier that could do a better job with the clubs best interests at heart

I love your use of capital letters to start a sentence >> << doh

I love how you use full stops to end yours.

:lol:

Who gives a flying cunt about grammar?! Or spelling for that matter. People are here to try make points about the club and the way its run, we're not in higher fucking English!!

Minstral - I was going to respond to your post with a reasoned argument for SDM and Smith but am so scared of getting my grammer and spelling checked I am backing off.

Nah - I am sorry your post has to be challenged. The reason why there aint mass protests is that not every fans sees the need for change - many of us (thats the non-hysterical, team supporting, SDM backing majority) realise that SDM is putting into place a financial structure that provides longevity (Look at Chelsea - ever Abramovitch has got bored now and is trying to sell). SDM has also put into place an eperienced manager, proven winner and backed him with funds. It takes time to build for the future and Smith is only 2 years into a 3 year plan, which those of us with faith in the manager can see working. He said his first half season was about stabilising - he achieved that, second about making us difficult to beat - he achieved that (and 2 cups and a UEFA final). This season he said we would be challenging for the league and we are still there with half a season to go. He has also brought in more flair (442 with Mendes and Miller changing us froma 451). Thats the reason why most fans aint progressing - they see the plan, it has been communicated to them and they have listned, and not just made up there own version of events. Try seeing the good of what is happening and perhaps you will realise why the protesters are in the very minor minority!

sorry bluepeter 9 but i dont see any good at the state our club is in. tell me how long you are prepared to wait until we win another title before you would say enough is enough. having been through celtics 9 in a row, there is no way i ever want to go through it again as i am afraid it would leave me a broken sad man which i would never recover from. the bottom line is murray gave walter the money to spend, and walter has wasted the money. if we dont win the league this year then walter must walk, and pray someone comes in and buys the club.

I would put myself in the 'putting up with it' crowd, purely because I have looked at our situation from outside the box. It is far too easy to critisise when the going is not good. This year we are on for the treble. Last year we reached our first Euro final in 36 years as well as our first trophies in 2 years. Are things really that bad? Sure, a lot of things can be improved but there have been a lot worse times to be a supporter of our club. The management know we are not happy. They are doing their best, and if that best ends up with a treble at the end of the season then thats good enough for me. :21:

Most Gers fans i know CAN see WRONG in our owner or manager and in most cases, BOTH. I think you make the mistake of reading people on here sticking up for Murray on certain things then wrongly assuming they think he is the Messiah. I stick up for him a lot because there are people who simply spout a load of pish about things he has done or is doing, most of which has been spoon fed from the very people Smith and Murray talk about on the internet. If a hundred people say something, then soon it becomes true in people eyes.

As for protests, they are not my bag. And that applies to all protests the World over.

Its clear we need a new manager, and i think a "new" poll would demonstrate the overwhelmingly majority would agree with that. I think its clear it would be best if we got a new owner, but SDM cannot really do much about that because you would have to be a confirmed lunatic to buy a Scottish Football Club right now.

(tu)

I would put myself in the 'putting up with it' crowd, purely because I have looked at our situation from outside the box. It is far too easy to critisise when the going is not good. This year we are on for the treble. Last year we reached our first Euro final in 36 years as well as our first trophies in 2 years. Are things really that bad? Sure, a lot of things can be improved but there have been a lot worse times to be a supporter of our club. The management know we are not happy. They are doing their best, and if that best ends up with a treble at the end of the season then thats good enough for me. :21:

we struggled to win the two cups last season, and had the title won but somehow walter managed to throw it away. have things really improved ? i dont think so, just look at the points dropped already and knocked out of europe by hearts reserve team.

Minst more than some have changed. Our crew behind the goal still give them pelters. But I'm afraid when things get tough a lot shrink away from it. They don't realise you can influence things by givin the goalie and linesman a bit of friendly hassle ! ;) For instance that standside linesman was wrong but by the time us and the EE were done with him he was disorientated. Big Weir had a 10 yard start on a Falkirk player but the boy left him for dead and big Davie blatantly pulled him down but the linesman bottled it and we nearly got the cnut booked for diving ! The more you hassle them the more they shit it. Some of these fans behave like tourists ! :sherlock:

I love your use of capital letters to start a sentence >> << doh

I love how you use full stops to end yours.

:lol:

I don't think the full stop followed by the emoticon looks right.

And when I need tips on how to write, I'll ask ;)

Who gives a flying cunt about grammar?! Or spelling for that matter. People are here to try make points about the club and the way its run, we're not in higher fucking English!!

Punctuation & grammar makes the strange little quirks in the English language that little bit easier to interpret, thereby causing less people to mis-understand a posters point & making everything that little bit clearer.

You thick bastard. :pipe:

minstral is exempt because his brain is crammed with Rangers related knowledge & theres no more room for learning. The mans a legend.

Everyone else is under suspicion.