Ex-Gaffer

OrangeBurn

Ex-Gaffer.  

204 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a choice of bringing back a former manager of Rangers who would it be?

• Dick Advocaat
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alex McLeish
    • Paul Le Guen
    • I'd Keep Walter.

I don't want any ex manager/player back at Ibrox but for the sake of the poll and thread, Paul Le Guen with the money Walter Smith was given.

I was going to say that, but it would need to be a Le Guen who has done his homework on the SPL instead of coming in so ill-prepared.

Big Eck!

What he done with absolutly no money was great, so give him some money and he could be amazing!

Won a title with Advocaat's team, won a title that Celtic threw away and finished us in 3rd?

I'd rather not give McLeish ANY money whatsoever!

Big Eck!

What he done with absolutly no money was great, so give him some money and he could be amazing!

Won a title with Advocaat's team, won a title that Celtic threw away and finished us in 3rd?

Thats a tad harsh. Eck was poorly treated and he NEVER surrendered to the filth. I'd say he has had a bad press.

Big Eck!

Thats a tad harsh. Eck was poorly treated and he NEVER surrendered to the filth. I'd say he has had a bad press.

He probably has had it quite harsh and I've fallen for it :pipe:

Some of the football we played under him was just dreadful though. Stevie Thompson as a left winger? :(

Big Eck!

He probably has had it quite harsh and I've fallen for it :pipe:

Some of the football we played under him was just dreadful though. Stevie Thompson as a left winger? :(

Wasn't any worse than what we are playing now

Souness for me. He knew what playing for Rangers meant and he ensured that his playing staff did too. He was also not shy in telling the likes of McNee where to get off. How many negative stories were printed about Rangers under his stewardship? Not as many as now, I'll bet.

Stevie Thompson as a left winger? :(

Stevie Thompson as a Rangers player? :(

I'll always have a soft spot for Eck, Helicopter Sunday was better than NIAR for me.

They NEVER saw that hurt coming, whereas they had all of the 9th season to prepare for our NIAR triumph. I love their pain.

I don't want any ex manager/player back at Ibrox but for the sake of the poll and thread, Paul Le Guen with the money Walter Smith was given.

Stuff of nightmares for me! Le Guen didn't have as much money but for 1.8 million he could have done better than Sebo and the same goes for Sionko which was in the region of 1 million or so wasn't it?

souness turned us round more than anybody all the others inherited a reasonably succesful squad

went for advocat but as i think he has the best track record at different clubs and i think he has more european experince than the rest

but as said he would probably bankrupt us under current circumstances

A 'sensible-with-money' Dick Advocaat.

I'm not sure of just how big a juxtaposition that is though.

thats a BIG ask haha

Well, I kinda agree with Muff, in, none, but, voted Souness, because, well, i did. Always liked him

Stuff of nightmares for me! Le Guen didn't have as much money but for 1.8 million he could have done better than Sebo and the same goes for Sionko which was in the region of 1 million or so wasn't it?

I thought Sionko was signed for £600k?

He wasn't a bad player before he signed, he was shite at Rangers and look at him since he's left!

£1.8m for Sebo or £2m for Whittaker, £3.5m for Lafferty, Broadfoot, Dailly, Velicka, £1.9m for Miller....

Big Eck!

Eck was poorly treated and he NEVER surrendered to the filth.

You have to be kidding me. His post and pre match interviews during the spell where we went 7 defeats in a row to them were absolutely spineless. You could see the fear in him and it got to the point where he was praising Celtic more than his own side.

Supporting Rangers was a chore for the most part with that twat in charge.