Ex-Gaffer

OrangeBurn

Ex-Gaffer.  

204 members have voted

1. 1. If you had a choice of bringing back a former manager of Rangers who would it be?

• Dick Advocaat
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alex McLeish
    • Paul Le Guen
    • I'd Keep Walter.

Souness for me. He knew what playing for Rangers meant and he ensured that his playing staff did too. He was also not shy in telling the likes of McNee where to get off. How many negative stories were printed about Rangers under his stewardship? Not as many as now, I'll bet.

He was also a fuckin' backstabber, haven't an ounce of respect for the man now.

Advocaat could easily take charge of this squad and win the league, even with the 4 point gap! (tu)

it was a pity he could not do it with world class players in his last season be fore we brought mcleish in

souness for me , he takes no shit from anyone , and hates losing

Trying to decide brings back some great and not so great memories.

Souness - Pros: Generally very good in the transfer market, teams played good football. Cons: Very stubborn, could easily fall out with players.

Advocaat - Pros: Great football, good tactician. Cons: Dutch influence created division, could he do it without money?

McLeish - Pros: Could win titles with average squads, a real bear. Cons: Some tactical questions, couldnt get team out of bad run.

PLG - Pros: Wants to bring youth through, tactically astute, European respect. Cons: No idea about SPL, no fight.

Smith - Pros: Good record against scum, finds the odd diamond in transfer market. Cons: Tactically very negative, needs to spend a lot, no youth.

For me the Smith second coming has only proved that we should never, ever in our future bring back a manager for a second stint. If Legends like Wallace and Smith cannot win titles in their second stint, nobody can. We should always look forward, never back when deciding our future.

PS I would use the same rule for players.