Am i the only one

ErikBo

that had high hopes for Velicka.

He outjumped Carlos for a goal at Ibrox. Scored two stuners at Parkhead in a 2-1 win. Scored a late equaliser against them from the penalty spot in the league. Scored a winner in the Edinburgh derby.

After winning the game for us at Falkirk i thought we had maybe found the man to score some big goals for us while being able to take part in general play.

Was it only me?

Anytime I have seen him play in first team for us or reserves ( I must admit it isn't that often ) he has looked quite slow to react and second to the ball.

Not seen him play for some time now but I never had high hopes of him to be honest. I won't grudge Walter giving him a chance, but only if he lets others who may merit a chance more than Velicka.

Anytime I have seen him play in first team for us or reserves ( I must admit it isn't that often ) he has looked quite slow to react and second to the ball.

Not seen him play for some time now but I never had high hopes of him to be honest. I won't grudge Walter giving him a chance, but only if he lets others who may merit a chance more than Velicka.

Yes called a lack of match sharpness, Miller plays all the time achieving the same standards

Seemed ok enough at Hearts but he was just one of the three signings that annoyed me at the time, 6.5 million spent on three centre forwards before the european games when we badly needed to strengthen the midfield.

(tu)

Boyd and Velicka :lol: the slowest partnership in World football, the worst possible at the club.

I never rated Andrius Velicka, I always thought he was a physical, poor man's Kris Boyd without the goal ratio - in otherwards, a terrible footballer - slow, lazy at times, poor touch but he can strike a ball, hold it up and give defenders trouble.

Thought it was a pointless signing although I have been calling for him to start for the last four games - everyone needs a chance and if Kris Boyd, Khenny Miller, Lee McCulloch and Charlie Adam are all allowed chances, then so is Velicka.

A lot of people on here were quite excited at the news of signing Velicka.

He outjumped Carlos for a goal at Ibrox. Scored two stuners at Parkhead in a 2-1 win. Scored a late equaliser against them from the penalty spot in the league. Scored a winner in the Edinburgh derby.

After winning the game for us at Falkirk i thought we had maybe found the man to score some big goals for us while being able to take part in general play.

Was it only me?

Your username and your appreciation for Velicka make me think you were a defender in a prior life!

Was it only me?

welcome to rangers media :D i would like to see miller getting droped because of his form and velicka or naismith replacing him :lol: good first post

Was it only me?

Your username and your appreciation for Velicka make me think you were a defender in a prior life!

hes either danish or lithuanian.

A large sum of money for someone who never plays. I never expected him to do too much for us when he came in but thought he would have been good cover if we had European games to play as we had all expected. I think because of this and a lighter fixture list the team doesn't need to be changed around as much and he's suffered as a result of it