170 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Chris Woods
    • Stefan Klos

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the 16 that voted for Klos, I wonder how many have seen Woods play...

HE IS A LEGEND.

still holds the record for longest clean sheets in CONSECUTIVE GAMES. :gerbad:

edit: never saw him in the flesh but have watched numerous games and videos to know he WAS better than Klos

Never saw Woods play so i can't really vote in this. I thought Klos was fantastic though, he never seemed to go through a game against Celtic without making at least one fantastic save. When they beat us 5 times in 03/04 i remember Klos was the only player who really turned up in those games. Not perfect by any means but it can't be denied he very rarely let us down and saved us on many occasions.

I think that they beat us 5 times says it all really ! :sherlock:

Of the other 10 players. :pipe: Klos stopped those games being thrashings.

Woods was pre back-pass rule so I dont know if his kicking would be as poor as Klos's but in every other department Woods was the better keeper, out of all the keepers I've seen play for the Gers he was second only to Goram.

Woods was the best keeper I had ever sen play for Rangers before Goram.

IIRC Woods was only replaced by Goram because of the 3 foreigners in Europe rule, otherwise I think he would have stayed for longer.

Quite ironic, when you consider that Goram was born in England!

As for the question, I would pick Woods although it is difficult to compare as Klos's biggest weakness was his kicking, which was not as issue when Woods played for us due to the fact that the pass-back rule had not been introduced.

Both were excellent keepers.

As for who was best between Woods and Goram, Goram just shades it for me although when he first signed, especially after his mistakes against Hearts (Scott Crabbe) and Hibs in the League Cup semi, I wanted Woods back.

Never saw Woods play so i can't really vote in this. I thought Klos was fantastic though, he never seemed to go through a game against Celtic without making at least one fantastic save. When they beat us 5 times in 03/04 i remember Klos was the only player who really turned up in those games. Not perfect by any means but it can't be denied he very rarely let us down and saved us on many occasions.

why does it say it all?

can u expian ur theory please?

why does it say it all?

Well OK I'll expian mi theory to u, if it had been Woods, Goram or even McGreegor in our goal we wouldn't have got beat 5 times. :sherlock:

why does it say it all?

Well OK I'll expian mi theory to u, if it had been Woods, Goram or even McGreegor in our goal we wouldn't have got beat 5 times. :sherlock:

ok, i basically got the drift first time around, i just find it so surprising that any rangers fan would hold klos in such poor regard, the way you put your point across suggests that of all the goals rangers conceded in those games, that klos was at fault, and him only.

i disagree he was at fault for all those goals, maybe some, but i doubt he guilty of five defeats all on his own, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. i suppose one can make up their own minds from these match reports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.C._season_2003-04

Can you imagine Chris Woods coming after Andy Goram? Absolutely no chance, this coming from a guy that used to attend most of my matches around that time!

Chris Woods was a good keeper but if you think Stefan Klos was dodgy at crosses then you obviously never seen Chris 'vampire' Woods in action!

Great shot stoppers the pair of them but overall Stefan Klos for me even though he couldn't take a bi kick but that was mostly down to injury!