Was that result today embarrassing?

Thermopylae

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I backed you slightly in your own thread but don't take the piss - you quoted it as the worst result ever and did not even let the fucking game finish before you did.

Heads in the sand loyal? Maybe I was too quick to back you!

Dress it up all you want

Part time players training at the local park, average attendance 488

V

Professionals training at Murray park

That game should have been won comfortable no matter what circumstances

A big barney about this on clyde just now ... I have to say I think it is. OK it's probably the biggest game of these Peterhead players lives BUT if you compare what they earn in a week and what our full time players earn there should only be one winner.

... and still questions about Ally's management I'm affraid

All teams have bad games if you want to renounce Rangers and give back your season ticket (If you have one?) then there are plenty Bears READY to take your seat and Cheer, sing, bounce for Glasgow Rangers Football Club NO MATTER THE RESULT. Also why you mentioning money? Sound like Celtic. You can't buy League triumphs it's 11 v 11 on the pitch.

Was so excited when I joined this forum away from all the tims and after our first league game of the season there's all of this ????? Thats the Fucking embarrasment, not the result. Thank you admin for accepting my membership. But I'm not gonna sit here and read this pish.

Not promoting to Div2 would be embarassing. Away draw in first game? I say: hell no. We weren't going to win all games in league, no team ever accomplished such thing, we're going to lose points here and there. And when it is more possible than at the start of the league, when players are still trying to figure out how to play together.

Result wasn't embarrassing. A draw away from home to the Div3 title favourites before we entered the league is not embarrassing.If that was the case then we would need to win every game for it to be deemed not embarrassing.

Performance however was not satisfactory, all over the pitch but particularly in defence. I'm struggling to give pass marks to anyone.

Don't worry fellow bears. The team is just getting to know each other, have had a shite pre-season thanks to our friends in the SFA and SPL, and will definitely improve.

A big barney about this on clyde just now ... I have to say I think it is. OK it's probably the biggest game of these Peterhead players lives BUT if you compare what they earn in a week and what our full time players earn there should only be one winner.

... and still questions about Ally's management I'm affraid

not embaressed relieved (i think changes are about to happen i could be wrong0

Dress it up all you want

Part time players training at the local park, average attendance 488

V

Professionals training at Murray park

That game should have been won comfortable no matter what circumstances

Why would you ever watch football if the result was never in doubt?

We played shit and didn't win. It's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last

Our club was on the brink of extinction at one point and some of you are bitching about this result?

This for me.

I know we had shit tactics players etc.. but were playing football again so i for one will let that slide in our 3rd real game of the season

ES will get the backlash at the weekend (tu)

embarrasing. yes.

but weve been getting away with performances in this style for years.

away to Peterhead playing through there skins, is that any different from losing away last season to St. Midden?

not much, but the problem i have is how we play. Lobbing the ball up to jig shoud be a plan C, not a fuckin way to set-up.

we should settle down in away game, pass it around the back line if need be, take the piss out these inferior players in the middle of the park. Our possession should be off the scale.

It was a bad reslut, we will have plenty more like them in the future I am sure.

If this did nothing else other than give our players a reality check and also some of the support who were going on about double digits then it could stand us in good stead for the remaning games. On paper this was our toughest test that we will face outside the cups so a draw is not the worst result, yes we were poor and struggled but that will improve in time.

Some of our players I think will be gone in a few weeks like Boca and Goain while others like Sandaza and the brazilain will be getting fitter to take their place in our side. Hopefully a good few other players will be coming in when the wages from the 2 centre backs will be freed up.

As Keithgers pointed out our club was so so close to not playing football this season so we should look at things with a steady head and realise just what our team and of course we have all been through.

Onwards and upwards as always.

It would have been very embarrasing if we had lost, and particularly when our 'captain' gave away the first goal terribly. I thought alot of players did good jobs, McKay, Shiels, Little, etc, they did well. However Goian and Boca just didnt look interested, and that does worry me, and from the sound of Allys voice after the game, it worries him too.

I hated Andy Walker doing the commentary, Celtic :wanker: he slated us the whole game, what a F***** tit. All that pish about "...this isnt an SPL display....these players arent playing like SPL players....Celtic beat Peterhead..." This isnt the same team, these new boys are trying their best, well most of them are.

No once did he mention the hell Rangers has been through this last 6 months, it has taken alot to stand proud today. This was only the 2nd time these guys have played together, and I am was not unhappy with the majority of the squad.

p.s was bit gutted for Kevin Kyle should really have gone down as his goal, was a cracking header, its great to see him out there after he was written off, that is the spirit we need. :uk:

Why would you ever watch football if the result was never in doubt?

We played shit and didn't win. It's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last

This was always going to happen some time, I never went for the 'won't drop a point' type thoughts.

But it's very very disappointing for it to have happened on the opening day where we should have been looking to make a statement.

People can dress it up what ever way they like the attitude the individual display the collective display the tactics the formation were alll shite. We stole a draw we resorted to playing a long ball. This has nothing to do with what happened off the park we are talking about football and it was fucking awfull

Wasnt just the defence lads. Our application and attitude was not worthy of a rangers team. They seemed to think they were untouchable at times.

You'd think they could've taken a leaf from the olympiates book.

There was no tactics to talk about lads. As a ranger through and through I expect our players to turn up for the match and make a game of it.

You cant win every game but goian and boca earn around 25 k between them per week and shouldnt be toiling against rory mccallister