Handling Red Card.

simon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was obviously a level up but it was just more of what Templeton faces every time he plays. Thugs with short tempers than can't handle skillful players doing what they do best. Ref shat it not long after when there should have been a second yellow for Gray bringing Templeton down on the edge of the box. No free kick given.

It was obviously a level up but it was just more of what Templeton faces every time he plays. Thugs with short tempers than can't handle skillful players doing what they do best. Ref shat it not long after when there should have been a second yellow for Gray bringing Templeton down on the edge of the box. No free kick given.

This. That was a booking and free kick all day long but like you said the ref bottled it because he'd have to have shown another red. My other half (not a Gers fan) came with us last night and he thought the treatment Templeton got was shocking, especially not getting the foul for that challenge. As for the guy that did get sent off, was it him that nearly took Wallace out with a straight leg/studs up near the half-way line in the 2nd half? Just because he missed and Wallace jumped out the way doesn't mean he should've got away with it.

Did not look as if the player went in with malicious intent to injure- but that sort of tackle could do serious damage and therefore needs to be eradicated from the game- so in my view a straight red. Ref right on the spot and clearly it was a no brainer to him.

Anyone saying that wasn't a red needs their eyes tested. Have seen a few folk on here saying it was soft, dubious etc.

Templeton was lucky not to have been seriously injured.

Was a straight red like you say beats me why anyone thinks it was soft.

The fact we have a thread debating it would suggest it was soft.

That said, i will happily take a similar soft sending off against the opposition every week.

You clearly haven't read the posts within this thread most thought it was a shocking challenge.

Anyone saying that wasn't a red needs their eyes tested. Have seen a few folk on here saying it was soft, dubious etc.

Templeton was lucky not to have been seriously injured.

Just saw the incident 100% red - boot high and studs showing - had contact been made serious injury may have occurred.