Celtic Fan Collection For Young Bear

CHAMPS4LIFE

A DISGUSTED Celtic fan has launched a fund to collect cash for a young Rangers supporter who was seriously hurt as he attended his first Old Firm game .

The 10-year-old fan was hit in the face with a bottle and lost three teeth after the minibus he was travelling on with his father was targeted by yobs.

Now Hoops fan Rod Lee has set up a collection on the website Go Fund Me and hit out at the thugs who maimed the youngster.

The collection has already seen gifts of more than £1000 handed over since its launch.

Rod, from Lincolnshire, said: "This is a fund for the wee lad that was bottled in the face at the Celtic v Rangers game.

"As a Celtic supporter I am ashamed of the actions of one of our own. I hope you join me in raising a wee bit of money for the lad.

"I don't know your name yet, but hope you will grow up realising that there is good as well as evil in this world.

"From me.....I'm sorry this has happened, and on behalf of Celtic supporters we stand ashamed and angry. All the best."

Stephen Flynn donated £10 to the fund and wrote: "I'm sorry about what happened to you son.

"It's a disgrace and I'm ashamed that the guy who did this to you did so in the name of Celtic.

"He doesn't represent the club nor the vast majority of our support. It's only a game. No one deserves what happened to you."

Dom Thomas also donated £10 and said: "Hope the wee man's alright and not put off football by the mindless fool that threw the bottle."

The young Rangers fan had been on his way to Hampden to enjoy his first Old Firm match when mindless yobs surrounded a Ford minibus on Cathcart Road near to Nutberry Court, Mount Florida, and hurled abuse at the occupants.

The yobs then managed to open the main door and one launched a glass bottle at the passengers.

It is understood the vehicle was full of Rangers fans and it was targeted by rival Celtic supporters around 12.15pm on Sunday.

Celtic fan launches fund to collect cash for 10-year-old Rangers supporter who was bottled before his first Old Firm match
HOOPS fan Rod Lee, who set up the collection, hit out at the thugs who hit the 10-year-old in the face with a bottle before the Old Firm clash on Sunday.
celtic.jpg

Rod, from Lincolnshire, said: "This is a fund for the wee lad that was bottled in the face at the Celtic v Rangers game.

"As a Celtic supporter I am ashamed of the actions of one of our own. I hope you join me in raising a wee bit of money for the lad.

"I don't know your name yet, but hope you will grow up realising that there is good as well as evil in this world.

"From me.....I'm sorry this has happened, and on behalf of Celtic supporters we stand ashamed and angry. All the best."

Stephen Flynn donated £10 to the fund and wrote: "I'm sorry about what happened to you son.

"It's a disgrace and I'm ashamed that the guy who did this to you did so in the name of Celtic.

"He doesn't represent the club nor the vast majority of our support. It's only a game. No one deserves what happened to you."

Dom Thomas also donated £10 and said: "Hope the wee man's alright and not put off football by the mindless fool that threw the bottle."

The young Rangers fan had been on his way to Hampden to enjoy his first Old Firm match when mindless yobs surrounded a Ford minibus on Cathcart Road near to Nutberry Court, Mount Florida, and hurled abuse at the occupants.

The yobs then managed to open the main door and one launched a glass bottle at the passengers.

It is understood the vehicle was full of Rangers fans and it was targeted by rival Celtic supporters around 12.15pm on Sunday.

The schoolboy, who lives in Glasgow, was taken to the city's Yorkhill Hospital where he was treated for a hairline fracture and kept in overnight.

He also lost three teeth in the terrifying assault.

Detective Constable Kenneth MacEwan said: "This was an appalling assault on the boy who was with his dad and fellow supporters going to his first Celtic v Rangers game.

"He never got to the match but instead was detained overnight in hospital and has a facial injury and teeth missing.

"We do believe that this was football related."

The man who threw the bottle is described as white, 5 ft 11 in, of heavy build and was wearing green clothing and possibly a white beanie hat.

The suspect and the men he was with continued along Cathcart Road and into Cathkin Park, towards Hampden Park.

fair play to the guy, good to know not all football fans are wanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good effort from him, and the only chance you get of the papers printing that it was one of them who actually did it is this guy because he says it was.

No doubt complete with the 'real sellic fans', 'charitable club' and 'juan guy' lines.

With sellic fans it's difficult to separate the propagandists and from the genuine.

I suppose we should give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

Nobody else has said it so I might as well....until they catch the fucker who threw the bottle it's nothing but blood money.

They do it every year,"here have a 10 grand donation to the Poppy Appeal but we're still going to disrupt the minutes silence and have no poppies on our shirts".

I'll wait with baited breath for them to give the ghuy up,they obviously know who he is.

of course but i would hazard a guess that a supporters club or local supporters club would take the praise rather than one guy from Lincolnshire

I'd be more suspicious if it was a supporters club, but just because it's an individual involved does not mean that this individual isn't in it for the positive PR reasons.

FWIW, I'm not convinced it is a blatant PR thing. I think it's more to do with the 'incident charity' fad that's going on just now (maybe with a wee, tiny dash of PR awareness from the guy), but who can tell? I always remain cautious when it comes to sellic fans motives. I also think the DR's motives will be quite different in the way in which, and no doubt frequency with which, they report the collection.

Suspect this will get more press time than the initial incident.

Well done nonetheless.

Exactly. Just as on the BBC site the 10k donation got more than the half million donation resulting from the match itself.

So it goes.