Celtic Fan Collection For Young Bear

CHAMPS4LIFE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall suspend cynicism and accept that he has done this in good faith.

In accordance with that, I commend his actions.

Therefore, it is a nice gesture.

However, it'd be a nice gesture if they stopped this growing trend of attacking our fans and furthermore, vilifying them to motivate these unwarranted attacks.

Let us tackle the problem and the cause, rather than just the symptoms.

Scotland has sleepwalked into this culture of Rangers hate, which is somehow deemed acceptable.

Detective Constable Kenneth MacEwan said: "This was an appalling assault on the boy who was with his dad and fellow supporters going to his first Celtic v Rangers game.

"He never got to the match but instead was detained overnight in hospital and has a facial injury and teeth missing.

"We do believe that this was football related."

That's what they're paid the big bucks for, outstanding work....

They will never spin this into a positive guys. It's for a 10 yr old kid ffs. The wee man deserves a wee pick me up for a holiday with his family after this horrific crime on his way to his first old firm game. I just hope he gets better soon and the cops catch the vermin involved, not just the bottle thrower, the fucking lot of the sum that were there.

Forgive me for not praising this latest act of benevolence by the ambulance chasers.

If the scum didn't hit him with a bottle there would be no need for a collection.

Last week they donated money to Ricksen yet they have never found the scum who hit him with a lighter.

As for the latest revelation of sacking a female player who wasn't signed with their ladies team, what about the racist who scored their first goal on Sunday or that other prick Stokes?

State Aid FC a team of double standards and hypocrisy and we should have nothing to do with them.

My first reaction was that it's an attempt to save face/PR. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of what's mentioned here -

I think it's more to do with the 'incident charity' fad that's going on just now (maybe with a wee, tiny dash of PR awareness from the guy), but who can tell? I always remain cautious when it comes to sellic fans motives. I also think the DR's motives will be quite different in the way in which, and no doubt frequency with which, they report the collection.

- a lot of this stuff nowadays is attention seeking 'everybody look at me doing the right thing' BS.

If anyone wants to make it 'right' all they have to do is report the scum who did it. And then make sure the bastard is hammered for it - legally, of course.

The phrase "on behalf of Celtic supporters we stand ashamed and angry" suggest the guy is pretty decent and more interested in attempting to rectify a terrible wrong rather than scoring points. Fair play.

Much though I dislike many cellic fans there is no way i would wish harm on a ten year fan of any club. If it had been a cellic supporting kid I would have been equally disgusted.

Hope the wee man gets better soon, and can maybe look forward to a few treats and good luck wishes from our club and supporters and other club's fans who condemn these actions.

Fair play, sounds like a decent guy.

Numpties in both our support but outnumbered by a vast proportion of decent folk.

No dressing it up, guys admits to being ashamed by whoever done it, but he has me reason to be. Was the action of the thug that threw the bottle or any others who were involved in roughing up the bus.

Decent gesture so fair play to him and all who choose to. donate.

What would be more impressive however would be the other Celtic fans giving the name of the individual who injured the youngster plus those who participated in this incident to the police. I live in hope that decency will triumph over hatred.

Optimistic Loyal.