**** Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ****

We need Law back desperatly, Would love zelalem to go back to Arsenal. Think it works better if the midfield consists of Law, Halliday and holt. Holt and Law can both score goals, Zelalem is a waste of a Jersey.

Don't talk pish, Zelalem is hardly a waste of a jersey. Even Alan mclaren was shocked he was subbed.

It's always a frustrating day when your rivals drop points and you do too. But really the main frustration was our performance, it was absolutely not good enough. Granted we'll have some off days, but the lack of concentration at the back was horrific.

We pull that important second goal back and then Tav has a throw in were he nearly gives the ball straight to Morton player. Theres no need for it at all.

Our defence majorly worries me, not the personal, but the lack of protection. The midfield neglects its job to provide some form of defence against the counter, Halliday is make shift and trying his best. But has been shown up a few times in that CDM role. Holt is the only CM I'd continue to play right now, one needs to be brought in at January and hopefully cover that missing piece.

Law is a miss, he's direct, creative and can cover defensively. I know he took a slagging last Season but I honestly believe he's a different player under Warburton.

It's sad to see that Tavernier has had another poor game. What has actually happened to him? He's been off the boil for ages now. Rangers need players who can perform week in week out..not someone who has a cracking first few weeks then just downs tools.

get rid of the bandage

The way we play at the moment teams know they only have to pack 10 players behind the ball,Then as in all games the away side will get a chance or two to score and like today they got the chances and scored twice,its not all about the attack not scoring its also about the defence keeping switched on

A lot of us just need to remember that it's a young team we have, and it's their first competitive season. Of course their's going to be slip ups and draws/loses.

but in the grand scheme of things we're doing amazing. The good outweighs the bad.

There is always going to be rough and frustrating games for us the fans to endure, but we are still heading in a way that is going to get us promotion and 55.

It's the winter season, teams are parking the bus and the lads will be getting complacent due to lack of space competition. I can most certainly forgive them for that since they first two things are vastly outwith their control. and what good is it saying we need to change tactics when we don't have a team that will allow for that? When we have a bigger squad then we can talk plan A's or Plan B's. Right now though the squad will have to make do with what it's got and what it's got is a group of young, hungry players that know how to play football in an entertaining way that is better than what any other Scottish team produces. Which in my books is a great thing.

Poor performance all round, especially after taking the lead after only 2 mins. Need to mix the play up a bit, to many touches in and around the final third. Also Tav has been well off the pace in the last 4/5 games, if he's going to be a big time player for Rangers he needs to do it week in week out!

Don't see the need for panic or the merchants of doom predicting the end off the world just yet!

A lot of us just need to remember that it's a young team we have, and it's their first competitive season. Of course their's going to be slip ups and draws/loses.

but in the grand scheme of things we're doing amazing. The good outweighs the bad.

There is always going to be rough and frustrating games for us the fans to endure, but we are still heading in a way that is going to get us promotion and 55.

It's the winter season, teams are parking the bus and the lads will be getting complacent due to lack of space competition. I can most certainly forgive them for that since they first two things are vastly outwith their control. and what good is it saying we need to change tactics when we don't have a team that will allow for that? When we have a bigger squad then we can talk plan A's or Plan B's. Right now though the squad will have to make do with what it's got and what it's got is a group of young, hungry players that know how to play football in an entertaining way that is better than what any other Scottish team produces. Which in my books is a great thing.

Hibs are playing with a bit od flair.

only if we take our chances and don`t make the usual basic mistakes at the back ??? :mad:

Obviously as with any match, results can go either way, but I think we've been stifled in recent games by these 'tactics', which I don't see happening against falkirk and hivs.

As long as we keep composure, we should take the 6 points.

It's sad to see that Tavernier has had another poor game. What has actually happened to him? He's been off the boil for ages now. Rangers need players who can perform week in week out..not someone who has a cracking first few weeks then just downs tools.

May explain why he's basically been a bit of a journeyman in his career thus far. Looks to be a confidence player and he's looked short of that lately as well as tired.

Obviously as with any match, results can go either way, but I think we've been stifled in recent games by these 'tactics', which I don't see happening against falkirk and hivs.

As long as we keep composure, we should take the 6 points.

Morton nearly won it today with these tatics, maybe we won't be able to handle non defensive sides.

Morton nearly won it today with these tatics, maybe we won't be able to handle non defensive sides.

I think if we played against an open team, we have enough to take advantage of it.

When you play teams like morton and livingston, it's 10 men behind the ball so the forwards can't break them down, and our defence is terrible so they hit us on the break.

If we played a team who didn't set up like that, I think we'd concede goals, but we'd score more than we concede.