*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

6 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Forecast awful expecting game to be off.

Might be okay

Tuesday:

Severe gales at first, with stormy conditions over Fife and the east, gradually easing to gale during the morning. Some showers, prolonged in northwest, but drier in evening, winds lighter. Maximum Temperature 6°C.

7 hours ago, craigrfcc said:

I'd go for the same team that beat them 2-1 last year.

Robinson; Faure, McCulloch, Zaliukas, Wallace; Law, Murdoch, Hutton, Vuckic; Clark, Boyd

Solid.

That's fucking horrific.

its amazing what difference a year, a stable board and a cracking manager can make.

16 minutes ago, RangersMind said:

REVISED LINEUP

Foderingham

Tav    Kiernan    Ball    Waldo

Halliday

Holt        Zelalem

King          Waggy         McKay

----Notes----

¬If King doesn't start sub him on & start at Killie, if MOH doesn't start, sub him on/play him from start against Killie

¬sub Forrester on

¬McKay must start this game, unless being rested for the full 90 mins against Killie

¬Think MOH will probably start or be subbed on, unless being rested for the full 90 mins against Killie

¬King must start one of or two of the next 2 games | Same scenario with Zelalem

¬Wilson will probably be rested , until full 90 mins against Killie. Part of me would feel like saying rest Waggy too so he has more energy for Killie, he's not stamina invincible I think lol (maybe he is haha) but maybe the Wagster wants to start every match <- could be the same with McKay & to a lesser extent Kiernan

¬Who truly knows, McKay has shown he can play Central/CAM/free roaming, MOH might play CF, King might be subbed on but I want King to play a lot and hopefully sign permanent if he keeps playing well hopefully. I think he's a good player, only 21.

Mate, King and O'Halloran are both cup tied for Saturday. Start again.

36 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Mate, King and O'Halloran are both cup tied for Saturday. Start again.

Cheers for letting me know mate. Based on that I would go with 

Tuesday

Fod

Tav  Wilson  Ball  Waldo

Holt Halliday  Zelalem

Waghorn*  Miller  King

(with MOH possibly starting for Wagster, sub Shiels/Law on, or else MOH subbed on & Forrester also subbed on for someone later, I'm not sure if Wagster would want a complete rest.

If Waghorn starts, subbed off at 60 mins to help rest him for Killie, just completely rest McKay. I'm not sure if Warbs would rest McKay fully, though, you need to rest a player sometimes I'm just not sure how often McKay & Waggy need it. I'm also not sure if both really want to play every game eg if they would be a bit annoyed even without admitting it to be rested)

kiernan needs to be rotated in accordance with Ball & Wilson occasionally, I would pick this game rather than Killie as he is the one who hasn't had a rest in longest, maybe he doesn't need it but haha.

If Holt doesn't start start Shiels/Law, sub the other on

Saturday

Fod

Tav  Kiernan  Wilson  Waldo

Holt  Ball  Halliday

McKay  Waghorn   Forrester

(sub Miller/Zelalem, Law and/or Shiels on 60 mins for a run-out routing & the best chance they'll get to prove themselves. At that point I expect it to already be 2-0+). I'm not sure if Ball will be CDM or Halliday but I don't think you would want to leave any of our 3 current CB's out this one since they're all looking on fire and this is like a match where you would maybe feel sorry to rest anyone.

There's an argument for starting Miller & subbing Forrester on instead.

You feel sorry to not start Shiels or Law but both will likely leave in the summer I guess so why bench Holt, Ball or new signings etc for them. 

To be honest you've only scored one, sorry but boo hoo Law, if we can't start you we can't start you sorry mate. it's hard enough trying to give the lifelong fan Shiels a start with all of the new signings who have came in.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wes

tav

kiernan

wilson

wallace

halliday

law

holt

waghorn 

miller

mckay

2-0 win

You just wake up? It's February mate. Dave found the money, we have new players now.

I'd be a little surprised if one of Forrester, King and O'H don't start. Especially with the cup game at the weekend.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think with Holt struggling a little we may see this. In fact I would LOVE to see this:

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Ball Wallace

Halliday       Law

O'Halloran

King     Waghorn      McKay

2 sitting midfielders? It's Raith not Roma.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

2 sitting midfielders? It's Raith not Roma.

aye thats not what i really meant. There ...happy?

Foderingham

Halliday      

Law            O'Halloran

Hoping this goes ahead. Not wanting to chance getting the train to the game to find out that its off and not be able to make it back across the water if the rail bridge shuts! Hopefully if its in doubt that a decision is made in plenty time.

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think with Holt struggling a little we may see this. In fact I would LOVE to see this:

Foderingham

Halliday       Law

O'Halloran

With no offence mate, I think O'Halloran is much more suited to playing on the forefront at all times on a wing going by the way he rampages by defenders with the ball when he's at the forefront, during counter attacks and normal attacks. McKay on the other wing with O'Halloran on the wing would be much more lethal. In fact maybe even King, McKay can play there too or Zelalem too in the 10 spot but I think MOH would be most effective out of there.

1 minute ago, RangersMind said:

With no offence mate, I think O'Halloran is much more suited to playing on the forefront at all times on a wing going by the way he rampages by defenders with the ball when he's at the forefront. McKay on the other wing with O'Halloran on the wing would be much more lethal. In fact maybe even King, or Zelalem too in the 10 spot.

none taken mate - you may well be right. I am fucking gagging to see what MW does tomorrow.