*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

55 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Why do people keep including Wilson before ball :( 

Ball is a better defender but Wilson is our player and he can only have a chance of improving if he's constantly playing.

He had a horrendous first few months but he hasn't been too bad in recent weeks imo.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Ball is a better defender but Wilson is our player and he can only have a chance of improving if he's constantly playing.

He had a horrendous first few months but he hasn't been too bad in recent weeks imo.

I'm hoping we can replace him in the summer so I don't feel it's too big of a deal including ball instead, I don't dislike Wilson mate I just feel we should field our strongest team.

Maybe Warburton is trying to under-develop ball so we get him on a song in the summer :D 

9 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

I'm quite confident the game will go ahead and I'm just over the Forth from Fife. The sun is beaming down everywhere, and although it's very windy still just now, it's forecast to lessen as the day goes on.

They predicted that the bridge would be closed and that didn't happen. Just high sided trucks, but that will change as the day goes on as well.

Looking forward to seeing King and O'Halloran on the same pitch tonight.

Don't think dave is registered mate

12 minutes ago, jafrfc said:

Not on TV but a simple fix. Get the Hola extension for Google Chrome, change settings to USA and buy the game on Rangers TV. 

don't use hola unless you want it using up your bandwidth. they use it to service others on their system. if your internet is capped then it's gonna waste it and most importantly while you might be simply be bypassing country restrictions to watch a football game others might be using it for other (illegal) purposes. you don't want your IP address tied to such things do you? if you are getting a product for free then you are the product. personally I use Private Internet Access (£24/year). Also, don't use a US server. You should get one closer to the UK for faster speeds. I use the PIA Netherlands server or sometimes France/Germany.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

I'm pretty sure O'Halloran won't start tonight. I would imagine we'll go

Miller-Waghorn-McKay

Or maybe King in place of Miller. O'Halloran will debut from the bench second half.

I think King might start as apparently he can`t play saturday and Miller might need a rest

Just now, The Monk said:

I think King might start as apparently he can`t play saturday and Miller might need a rest

Miller deserves a rest... IMO. His experience will be used against Kilmarnock. 

He might not grab goals every game, but he always runs about, and gives 100%. 

And MW has them training physically most days each week too. 

15 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I'd make some changes and go with this line up

fod

tav keirnan ball wallace

halliday holt law

ohalloran  waghorn king 

I'd drop Wilson and McKay. 

McKay wants to play then he should sign the extension. 

Jesus fucking christ. Thank fuck you're not the manager. Absolute nonsense.

I think considering O'Halloran is cup tied for the weekend we might see him in place of Kenny Miller tonight and keep him a bit fresher for the weekend. I also think we'll see Haliday back and maybe one change at the back.

My guess would be....

Wes

Tav Ball Wilson Wallace

Law Halliday Zelalem

MOH/King Waghorn McKay

22 minutes ago, Sket said:

Jesus fucking christ. Thank fuck you're not the manager. Absolute nonsense.

Fuck up you plamf.

Wilson and Kiernan are too similar and Wilson is the weaker of the two, so Ball in. 

McKay has played every game for us and could do with resting and perhaps a reminder of what he has here. Would do him no harm to reflect. 

We have depth and new signings that need game time, win win. 

Just now, theiconicman said:

Fuck up you plamf.

Wilson and Kiernan are too similar and Wilson is the weaker of the two, so Ball in. 

McKay has played every game for us and could do with resting and perhaps a reminder of what he has here. Would do him no harm to reflect. 

Going by your post 'ya plamf'...you want to drop McKay,who has been one of our best players this season and who is by all accounts a confidence player,then tell him if he wants to play he should sign a new contract. Very good Einstein. 

Stick to football manager ya halfwit.

8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Fuck up you plamf.

Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways. 

Also, Wilson can't read the game the same way Kiernan and Ball does. And he doesn't have the same aggression and ability to win the ball like what Kiernan does.

I'd like to see Ball play along side Kiernan but if we're keeping Wilson then they'll need to learn to play together.

and what you said about McKay is a great way to lose a good player. If we gave him that ultimatum it'd just push him away faster. 

Thought Wilson, despite being caught in the opening minute against Falkirk, played pretty well after that and put in some cracking blocks

Wouldn't drop him, two clean sheets on the trot, keep as is, Ball will need to wait his turn, and I say that as a fan of Ball and prefer him over Wilson, but Danny deserves his spot at the moment IMO

Fod

Tav - Big Fucking Rab Fucking Kiernan - Wilson - Waldo

Holt(if fit ) Halliday Law

King Waggy Mckay

bring on Mikey 2nd half for Law, move Mckay to a central position. If Holt's not fit, put Zel in there.

6 minutes ago, Lintero said:

Thought Wilson, despite being caught in the opening minute against Falkirk, played pretty well after that and put in some cracking blocks

Wouldn't drop him, two clean sheets on the trot, keep as is, Ball will need to wait his turn, and I say that as a fan of Ball and prefer him over Wilson, but Danny deserves his spot at the moment IMO

Fod

Tav - Big Fucking Rab Fucking Kiernan - Wilson - Waldo

Holt(if fit ) Halliday Law

King Waggy Mckay

bring on Mikey 2nd half for Law, move Mckay to a central position. If Holt's not fit, put Zel in there.

I'd rather start Zel and keep Holt on the bench, only bringing him on if the situation calls for it.

Rather keep Holt fit for Saturday.