*****Official Raith Rovers v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

I think the next few games will be tight. Falkirk looked dangerous and might have scored. Warburton has options in Midfield so not sure what he'll do. Shiels tried too hard but is tricky and dangerous. Zelalem was much more effective than I thought he'd be and has a goal coming. King is obviously more match sharp than Forrester but both are dangerous. Miller has played a lot of matches lately but he looks sharp and on another day, his goal would have stood. If I was to stick my neck out I'd say what we missed on Saturday was a play maker. If Holt doesn't play I have an inkling it'll be Zelalem with Shiels the impact player. Probably totally wrong. I'm not sure whether he'll play Ball or Wilson. Wilson did great things and terrible things. Ball is more solid but less inventive. I've not got round to the other thread yet, but yes I think we should sign Ball.

Just had a look at the forecast for that area tomorrow(Dunfermline) and it's windy in the morning and easing up by evening time. There's a little rain in the morning, but it's dry/sunny all day.

If it stays like that, I'd say it will go ahead.

Hope this game goes ahead, really looking forward to it. Even more so as it will be a chance to see O'Halloran make his debut.

My team would be:

Foderingham

Tav Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Law Halliday Zelalem (Holt if 100%)

King Waghorn McKay 

Bring on Miller and O'Halloran about the hour mark. 

7 hours ago, writingranger said:

I think the next few games will be tight. Falkirk looked dangerous and might have scored. Warburton has options in Midfield so not sure what he'll do. Shiels tried too hard but is tricky and dangerous. Zelalem was much more effective than I thought he'd be and has a goal coming. King is obviously more match sharp than Forrester but both are dangerous. Miller has played a lot of matches lately but he looks sharp and on another day, his goal would have stood. If I was to stick my neck out I'd say what we missed on Saturday was a play maker. If Holt doesn't play I have an inkling it'll be Zelalem with Shiels the impact player. Probably totally wrong. I'm not sure whether he'll play Ball or Wilson. Wilson did great things and terrible things. Ball is more solid but less inventive. I've not got round to the other thread yet, but yes I think we should sign Ball.

(tu) Good post but now we've got the added problem of fitting Michael O'Halloran in somewhere:D

15 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

(tu) Good post but now we've got the added problem of fitting Michael O'Halloran in somewhere:D

True. We'll probably see more of Warburton's attitude to Law and Shiels now and whether he wants to offer them new contracts or extensions. It does make Forrester's job more difficult as he has to become match sharp in relatively little game time. I do think that Warburton has an eye on the potential fixture pile up that comes with a good run in the Scottish Cup, a cup final and bad weather. All the players he's brought in have flexibility, so injuries, suspensions, fatigue and so on are less of an issue. I expect at least a couple of the loanees/short term contracts to get deals. I'd be surprised if Hearts let King stay or sell him.

REVISED LINEUP

Foderingham

Tav    Kiernan    Ball    Waldo

Halliday

Holt        Zelalem

King          Waggy         McKay

----Notes----

¬If King doesn't start sub him on & start at Killie, if MOH doesn't start, sub him on/play him from start against Killie

¬sub Forrester on

¬McKay must start this game, unless being rested for the full 90 mins against Killie

¬Think MOH will probably start or be subbed on, unless being rested for the full 90 mins against Killie

¬King must start one of or two of the next 2 games | Same scenario with Zelalem

¬Wilson will probably be rested , until full 90 mins against Killie. Part of me would feel like saying rest Waggy too so he has more energy for Killie, he's not stamina invincible I think lol (maybe he is haha) but maybe the Wagster wants to start every match <- could be the same with McKay & to a lesser extent Kiernan

¬Who truly knows, McKay has shown he can play Central/CAM/free roaming, MOH might play CF, King might be subbed on but I want King to play a lot and hopefully sign permanent if he keeps playing well hopefully. I think he's a good player, only 21.

19 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Am I right in saying Raith have weakened in the window ?

Not sure if they've had guys leaving but they signed Leicester's young player of the year couple days ago, was their top goalscorer I think 

17 minutes ago, writingranger said:

True. We'll probably see more of Warburton's attitude to Law and Shiels now and whether he wants to offer them new contracts or extensions. It does make Forrester's job more difficult as he has to become match sharp in relatively little game time. I do think that Warburton has an eye on the potential fixture pile up that comes with a good run in the Scottish Cup, a cup final and bad weather. All the players he's brought in have flexibility, so injuries, suspensions, fatigue and so on are less of an issue. I expect at least a couple of the loanees/short term contracts to get deals. I'd be surprised if Hearts let King stay or sell him.

It looks as though Forrester may have some sort of potential in as much as Mr Warburton is willing to give him the opportunity to prove himself so hopefully he'll come good but for me at the moment he somehow reminds me of David Templeton, a guy with a lot of talent but is unable to produce it on a regular basis and in addition according to his record he is prone to long term injury.