Papac or Wallace?

GrandSuckMaster

Papac or Wallace?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer?

• Sasa
    • Lee

43 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Of course you have to be a "truly great player" to win leagues and play in European finals.

Kirk Broadfoot has won 3 league championships and played in a European final.

Just saying.

Didn't say that, but judging Lee Wallace based on one average top league season and a further 3 and a half in lower leagues against a guy we saw playing against champions league opponents is not exactly apples with apples.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Wallace. Papac was shite IMO. Really really over-rated.

People moaned about Whittaker but the amount of goals Papac cost us at his full back position or on the back post for being too slow or napping was worse.

Another like Hemdani who has some sort of cult status among the fans but wasn't ever that good for us bar a few games.

Fuckin ridiculous statement to make , Papac played at a far higher level than Wallace has ever done and was more consistent than Wallace has ever been. Wallace at times is a bombscare at whats he's supposed to be doing and thats defending, and thats against nobodies .

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I think papac received hero status due to the fact he was the only player that made a career at Rangers from the plg days.

I wouldn't say he was shite but it's also tough to rate Wallace as he has only played 1 season in the top league with us.

Thats exactly how I feel. Tav and Wallace look like the best fullbacks in the world at the moment, as much as I rate them I just want to make sure if they can maintain that standard when we go up. But for me currently, on technical ability, fitness, wallace wins hands down.

Wallace all day for me. Stayed when he could've fucked off but loyalty amongst us bears is huge and he has it in spades, let's not forget he was still youngish when we were criminally put into admin and could have walked he gave up an international career and earned his captaincy and any1 who MW thinks is the captain then he has something. Papac I really liked and was consistant and played in a good side and gave everything but lee Wallace for me. 

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuckin ridiculous statement to make , Papac played at a far higher level than Wallace has ever done and was more consistent than Wallace has ever been. Wallace at times is a bombscare at whats he's supposed to be doing and thats defending, and thats against nobodies .

It's all a matter of opinion  and much as you have to respect Papac, Wallace is better entertainment in a  role he is being asked to do by the manager, so no he isn't failing as a defender

Had a lot of time for Papac, was intelligent, but had limitations going forward, he also had a higher level of player around him.

Wallace is a true athlete, and has far exceeded what I thought he would turn out. He also has scruples and has turned out to be a great captain after all the drama.

4 minutes ago, allgers said:

It's all a matter of opinion  and much as you have to respect Papac, Wallace is better entertainment in a  role he is being asked to do by the manager, so no he isn't failing as a defender

He has been found out as a defender many times and has been up against plumbers and joiners at the time.

Come back when he's played against the cream in the CL just like Sasa did consistently.

Papac without a doubt.

Half the people voting for Wallace are the ones that were calling him shite and saying we should let him go for nothing this time last season.

Papac has performed at the highest level consistently and while not as good going forward as Wallace he was still pretty decent.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuckin ridiculous statement to make , Papac played at a far higher level than Wallace has ever done and was more consistent than Wallace has ever been. Wallace at times is a bombscare at whats he's supposed to be doing and thats defending, and thats against nobodies .

"Nobodies?" As far as I can recall, on here, every league we have been in is supposedly stronger than the SPFL Premiership. 

Except the one we won every game. That was shit and Super Ally Bingo etc. Viva La Invincibles! 

5 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

I just gave it to Wallace but both decent full backs. Thinking back through my years of watching some fantastic Gers teams it's not a position that we have excelled in over the years. Arthur Numan probably an exception. 

Eric Caldow?

4 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

. I can't recall Papac ever having a bad game but I suppose he must have.

Any time he played in the position we signed him to play . Respect to him for carving out a good career for us ,but after watching Davie Robertson & Arthur Numan then i cant rate him as a top full back IMO Sasa was more on a par with Stuart Munro , a steady 6/10 most weeks but nothing special . I agree that Wallace (& Tav) need to produce in the top league before they can be properly judged .

7 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

As much as I wanted everything plg away from the club I have to say Papac is the better player !:sherlock:

I think time has proven that it was better to get everything "Barry Ferguson" away from the club,especially in the last 6 months.  Wallace will become the better player in most fans eyes in the future, if not now. :pipe:

Sasa Papac, all day. Consistency was his middle name and that valuable trait often gets overlooked for the more dynamic, flair players.

As much as it's enjoyable to see Wallace marauding forward he is not consistently at the level required, IMO, and at 28/29 that is a pretty big indictment. I'm also still sore about his 2 year impression of Nicky Law.