Robert Marshall / Club 1872

2 hours ago, DexterMorgan said:

If elected will you promise to raise the issue of unfair OF ticket allocation? They get circa 8500 from a 50000 capacity but we only get circa 6500 from a 60000 capacity when we go to the midden.

A promise to raise this robustly will get my vote.

Good luck. 

Mate we get 8,000 and so do the Monkeys when they visit Ibrox, where you getting this misinformation from ?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people don't know Robert personally on here and will struggle with what way to take Robert, unless you know his very persona like i do, i've known him 20 odd years and i can tell everyone on here with the greatest confidence that he has nothing but Rangers best interest at Heart, all this stuff about freebies and not backing it up is utter nonsense, i sense a lot of jealousy on this post, we're looking for people to help take the club forward and install fresh ideas, this man is one of the very many people in the greatest respect who could do so.

13 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Do they think that running a great Rangers pub constitutes, "solely profiting from other Rangers fans"?

Is that what they mean FFS?

While I might agree with some of Roberts opinions, whenever I see someone hit out with that pish just because he runs the Louden it pisses me off. I suppose everyone who says that wishes there were no Rangers pubs and nowhere to have a sing song before the game etc, even if it wasnt a Rangers pub it would still be mobbed on matchdays, so is every pub, shop and bookie near Ibrox a wanker for making money from fans who would just spend it somewhere else anyway?

If anything I think its a good thing that Robert owns the pub, its an advantage to someone on a fans board because he is in constant contact with Bears of differing opinions and has a venue to set up meetings etc.

16 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Mate we get 8,000 and so do the Monkeys when they visit Ibrox, where you getting this misinformation from ?

I don't believe that we do get 8000. However I may be wrong. Even if we do they still get a lager allocation (8500) from a smaller capacity. We should get the same percentage for the midden as they get for Ibrox.

Out of interest can anyone confirm our allocation for the piggery?

7 minutes ago, Willis said:

While I might agree with some of Roberts opinions, whenever I see someone hit out with that pish just because he runs the Louden it pisses me off. I suppose everyone who says that wishes there were no Rangers pubs and nowhere to have a sing song before the game etc, even if it wasnt a Rangers pub it would still be mobbed on matchdays, so is every pub, shop and bookie near Ibrox a wanker for making money from fans who would just spend it somewhere else anyway?

If anything I think its a good thing that Robert owns the pub, its an advantage to someone on a fans board because he is in constant contact with Bears of differing opinions and has a venue to set up meetings etc.

Indeed. There's no denying his business makes money from Rangers fans but there's nothing wrong with that and unless I'm being a bit short sighted I don't see any issue where owning a Rangers pub and being a club 1872 board member would cause a conflict, although I'm happy to be corrected by anyone on that. 

5 minutes ago, DexterMorgan said:

I don't believe that we do get 8000. However I may be wrong. Even if we do they still get a lager allocation (8500) from a smaller capacity. We should get the same percentage for the midden as they get for Ibrox.

Out of interest can anyone confirm our allocation for the piggery?

we get 8,000, it looks smaller than what Celtic get at Ibrox because their stadium is bigger and their rows go as far back as CCC as ours only go to about DD, it's about 5/5.5k down the bottom and 3/2.5k up the top.

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Itf hf was a member of Clitb 1872, I'd vote for you, but I am not so I can't but if I had a vote I'd give it.   

Does that entitle me to a free pint :lol:

You canae expect a freebie from him as IF he took a freebie and say a seat IN the DB at a game he would get chasttised and rightly so so IT needs to have guidelines.:001:

Just now, cumnockbear said:

we get 8,000, it looks smaller than what Celtic get at Ibrox because their stadium is bigger and their rows go as far back as CCC as ours only go to about DD, it's about 5/5.5k down the bottom and 3/2.5k up the top.

Fair enough mate but we still get a smaller percentage of available seats. Where did I get 6500 from?! Sure that was the amount quoted before but hey you seem very definate in your reply so I stand corrected! Still want more though!

1 minute ago, delamonty said:

What's their allocation at Ibrox?  Surely we get less on a percentage basis?

They get around 8500 for Ibrox which does represent a lager percentage of available seats. Needs looked at by our Board in my opinion.

1 hour ago, cumnockbear said:

Some people don't know Robert personally on here and will struggle with what way to take Robert, unless you know his very persona like i do, i've known him 20 odd years and i can tell everyone on here with the greatest confidence that he has nothing but Rangers best interest at Heart, all this stuff about freebies and not backing it up is utter nonsense, i sense a lot of jealousy on this post, we're looking for people to help take the club forward and install fresh ideas, this man is one of the very many people in the greatest respect who could do so.

We should not need to be looking for people to help take the club forward that's  the Boards role.

If they can't do that get one who can.

not hastily cobbled together fan groups.

2 hours ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Edit your post, I would be lucky to know how to edit mine Now as the saying goes Put up or shut up, I know you have no proof of freebies because I have never asked or taken any

RM

Id seriously advise you to let your son read the thread, he will be able to point out the rip roaring arse you are making of yourself

2 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Shocker....

Man who runs Rangers themed pub attracts customers who are...wait for it ....Rangers fans.

Just like the guy in Edinburgh who runs the Jazz Bar attracts jazz enthusiasts.

I despair.

He probably gets more Azz enthusiasts with it being in Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, DexterMorgan said:

They get around 8500 for Ibrox which does represent a lager percentage of available seats. Needs looked at by our Board in my opinion.

It's easier to segregate. the way it is currently. If we give them less at Ibrox it'd be unlikely that it could be done in a way that plod would allow us to sell the extra tickets (ie Broomloan front and bears in the broomie rear). Personally I wouldn't mind if we never took another ticket for their shitehole again. 

Anybody who is willing to put their time and effort into helping the club and supporters should be applauded .as long as they always put the supporters and the club first when it comes to decisions made then i have no problem with anyone putting their name forward for any position , be it fan board, club board or anything else. as long as they recognise that they will come under a shitload of scrutiny .

I don't know Robert and I really don't care who makes up the board members or stands for it.

I am sick of fans groups and all the palava that goes with it.

But I would like to see Robert succeed as it would piss some people right off going by this thread.

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's easier to segregate. the way it is currently. If we give them less at Ibrox it'd be unlikely that it could be done in a way that plod would allow us to sell the extra tickets (ie Broomloan front and bears in the broomie rear). Personally I wouldn't mind if we never took another ticket for their shitehole again. 

I agree about the segregation issues that's why I believe we should get more for the piggery. Though I do partially share your sentiment - i'll never set foot in the place again but want the Bears who will to have more of a chance of a ticket. And a bigger fan presence would benefit the team.