If we sign a new CB, who plays with him?

graeme_4

If we sign a new CB, who plays with him?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. If we sign a new CB, who plays with him?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matt crooks isn't a defender don't know why people keep trying to put him there he played a few games as it but he's made the CDM position what he's good at that's where he was outstanding last season not in defence 

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Take it you voted Crooks. You seen him play CB?

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Yes.

I was hoping that he'd be a decent CB but have seen absolutely nothing of him in that role. I'm assuming not many have. You see him playing for Accrington?

Doubt it was intended for him to come in and play CB but he might be the answer?

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I was hoping that he'd be a decent CB but have seen absolutely nothing of him in that role. I'm assuming not many have. You see him playing for Accrington?

Doubt it was intended for him to come in and play CB but he might be the answer?

He could be the answer as imo he's a better CB than Wilson & Kiernan.

14 minutes ago, Liam_RFC said:

Matt crooks isn't a defender don't know why people keep trying to put him there he played a few games as it but he's made the CDM position what he's good at that's where he was outstanding last season not in defence 

They're saying he played centre half in the friendly he played yesterday.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He could be the answer as imo he's a better CB than Wilson & Kiernan.

According to the interview Crooks gave the clubs website the other night , he only really played CB for a short period when he was on loan a couple of seasons ago . He spoke of playing more as a box to box midfielder although he did say he would be prepared to play anywhere for a first team spot . From that interview , I took it that MW had not really discussed playing CB with him . He certainly has the physical attributes to play there added to his footballing ability , he could be the answer . Should have been sorted before now though .

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

in your opinion. Getting sick of defending the guy on here, he gets it rotten but is nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Oh come on,he fucking is and Wilson is only slightly better so i'd play Senderos and Wilson. That's my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

They're saying he played centre half in the friendly he played yesterday.

Fair enough just looked it up but also read his interview after it when he was getting asked where he sees himseld

fitting in and he says it him self people saying he's a defender and he doesn't know where they get it from and he spent all last season as a Center midfielder and that's the position Rangers would have seen him play. 

But also he says he will play at the back if it gets him in the team ?

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Let's call it as it is. If Kiernan and Wilson are central defenders, the pope's a prod. Worst two in his league by a country mile.

Absolutely disagree. Might not be Rangers class, but no where near worst in the league. 

Kiernan and Senderos, hopefully Crooks in the future. I think wilson and Kiernan need to be shown from the gaffer that their performances are below par by not being selected when the opportunity arises. Kiernan and Wilson are so similar in terms of actual ability the only differences really between them are that Wilson, can spread the ball about really well (would probably be a better CDM) but i think he is an utter shitebag, he lacks commitment aggression and intensity. Kiernan lacks the good distribution is good with the ball at his feet and has a bit more intensity and aggression about him, and playing with someone like senderos who has a bit of a authority and is a leader will have Kiernan come on leaps and bounds. I don't think Wilson will ever really improve much on his current ability.

After shipping daft goals, most when we have been dominating, how in fucks name did Wilson lose McDonald for the goal

He stuck with him, did the hard work, then the ball gets played into his area and he steps away from his fucking man, stood like a fanny with his hand up, Inside our 6 yard box, centre of the fucking goal

All the other options for their attack were covered, stay with his man and we don't concede

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.13.20.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.13.43.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.14.05.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.17.09.png

Brutal, gaffer should drop him 

Wilson FFS

44 minutes ago, Rangers Lady said:

After shipping daft goals, most when we have been dominating, how in fucks name did Wilson lose McDonald for the goal

He stuck with him, did the hard work, then the ball gets played into his area and he steps away from his fucking man, stood like a fanny with his hand up, Inside our 6 yard box, centre of the fucking goal

All the other options for their attack were covered, stay with his man and we don't concede

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.13.20.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.13.43.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.14.05.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 13.17.09.png

Brutal, gaffer should drop him 

Wilson FFS

That is the classic case of ball watching; to be fair to Wilson he isn't the only one that appears to be doing that. That happened again, in the second half where he watched a looping ball that possibly he misread the trajectory of and ended up losing his man who nearly scored. We were fortunate, with the help of some great goalkeeping, not to have lost more than one goal in that match.