***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

Just now, offminorthreat said:

Old Firm games are never predictable that's all I know. Stating we will get humped is embarrassing. 

I normally agree with the 'form goes out the window' thing, but not when we havent played well in months. Bite your hand off for a draw at the moment.

Although I was angered by the performance at Kilmarnock, a positive to take from it is that the scum will think they have the 3 points wrapped up already. That kind of confidence has seldom done then any favours in the past. Certainly some sections of the media have written us off. Let's hope that gangling fuck nugget Sutton is made to eat his words (again!).

We will concede. With the quality they have in attack and the crowd behind them it is a certainty, so there's not much point in focusing on the defence too much. Senderos and Wilson would probably be my preferred centre half pairing though.

We were at our best last season when we played with pace through the midfield and that has been lacking so far this season. I'd like to see Holt and Windass start, if fit, so we have players running at their defenders.

I'd like to see something like this:

Foderingham,

Tavernier, Senderos, Wilson, Wallace,

Barton, Rossiter,

Holt,

Windass, Garner/Waghorn, McKay.

Rossiter and Barton sitting in front of the defence giving Holt the freedom to roam.

The scum's defence has looked shaky so far too so we will get chances, but we have to take them. Would be glorious to see Garner get his first goal in this game.

Keep calm and keep the faith Bears. Nobody gave us a chance in the semi-final last season and we came out on top. Look forward to the game and remember the words of Mr William Struth:

"I am never happier than when the outside world has us beaten before a ball is kicked - for then I know the true greatness of our club will be revealed"

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Although I was angered by the performance at Kilmarnock, a positive to take from it is that the scum will think they have the 3 points wrapped up already. That kind of confidence has seldom done then any favours in the past. Certainly some sections of the media have written us off. Let's hope that gangling fuck nugget Sutton is made to eat his words (again!).

We will concede. With the quality they have in attack and the crowd behind them it is a certainty, so there's not much point in focusing on the defence too much. Senderos and Wilson would probably be my preferred centre half pairing though.

We were at our best last season when we played with pace through the midfield and that has been lacking so far this season. I'd like to see Holt and Windass start, if fit, so we have players running at their defenders.

I'd like to see something like this:

Foderingham,

Tavernier, Senderos, Wilson, Wallace,

Barton, Rossiter,

Holt,

Windass, Garner/Waghorn, McKay.

Rossiter and Barton sitting in front of the defence giving Holt the freedom to roam.

The scum's defence has looked shaky so far too so we will get chances, but we have to take them. Would be glorious to see Garner get his first goal in this game.

Keep calm and keep the faith Bears. Nobody gave us a chance in the semi-final last season and we came out on top. Look forward to the game and remember the words of Mr William Struth:

"I am never happier than when the outside world has us beaten before a ball is kicked - for then I know the true greatness of our club will be revealed"

Nah we're playing the Taigs at the worst possible time. They've just qualified for the CL, can probably sign a few new players and will probably pump the sheep today. 

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Nah we're playing the Taigs at the worst possible time. They've just qualified for the CL, can probably sign a few new players and will probably pump the sheep today. 

Hopefully. I couldn't stand it if the sheep beat celtic and everyone on here started lauding them too.

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

As I said though, think of the amount of times they were meant to have had us beat before a ball was kicked and fucked it up. See last season.

Getting pissed off with the timing of our fixtures. Cup final day I was running Tough Mudder and obviously missed the match and in two weeks surprise surprise I'm in the mud again so will miss the match. Was seriously contemplating pulling out until I got in from work this morning to find out that my mate had sorted my just giving page out and put it online so even though nobody has made a donation yet I've had half a dozen messages promising cash so I'll go through with it. Fucking timing though :(

Obviously concerned with our form going into this but hopefully we can do these soap dodging cunts and avoid any lidl bags of shit that come our way. Barton will have to step up and I think our forwards will have to play a blinder because I can see us conceding a few.

43 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Drop our best player on the basis of Hodson apparently looking better against the mighty Annan, Stranrar and Peterhead?

Tav has been and will continue to be shown up against bang average players, imo he'll have a ricksen at parkhead style mare, he just canny defend

Both Barton and Rossiter should continue to start.....at Parkhead you want two sitters behind the ball, we can argue the point of needing more midfield runners for future games.

Garner should start up top ahead of Kenny.....I'm a Miller fan, still looks most likely to take a chance when it arrives....but at Parkhead we want a focus point up top who is more mobile and better in the air.

Beyond that, I'm really not too opinionated about the starting 11 and happy to trust Warburton's judgement.

not feeling too hopeful about this. warburton says the same shite all the time "we'll learn from our mistakes" yet we don't. same old shite every game. dreading it now. don't think we're good enough to win this league. warburton and weir need to truly learn from the mistakes or else they better start packing their bags. 

3 hours ago, BF2 said:

As I said though, think of the amount of times they were meant to have had us beat before a ball was kicked and fucked it up. See last season.

Last season we were playing good football though and didn't look utter shite.

Thats the difference here.

4 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

Old Firm games are never predictable that's all I know. Stating we will get humped is embarrassing. 

Not this time.

Delia Smith has gone. They will absolutely rape us. I predicted we would beat them in the semi but not a fucking chance will come back from that pit with anything.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Pressure is all on us now, we can't afford to lose this one.

Potentially 7 points behind after this.

Had we won last night, all the pressure would have been on them with us sitting top. A win would have seen us go 4 points clear.

Amazing how much of a difference such a short space of time makes. The difference of morale at an all time high, to most likely morale at an all time low. That's throughout the camp including management, not just in the players.

I think anything but a win would spell the end of our challenge. September will tell a lot about the nature of our squad.