***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

If we put out a decent team and sort our shit out i'd be confident of getting some sort of result at the stad le gadd, we CAN NOT play Barton and Rossiter in the same team.

I'd like us to line up like this, providing me make another signing and certain players are back from injury.

Wes

Tav                     Senderos                   Wilson              Wallace

Barton

Windass                                     Holt

Waghorn                               Garner                                McKay

We aren't playing well, but neither are they. They are shit. I looked at their starting line up today and there is fuck all to fear. However, they are one lucky bunch of bastards, but luck runs out. On paper we are every bit as good as them , if not better, we just need to start showing it.

18 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Line up will be predictable as ever but I would play this.

1498229_Rangers.jpg

My choice would be.....

Fodringham

Kiernan

Tavernier, Senderos, Wallace

-

Rossiter

(sub him just after half time for Barton)

Windass, Kranjcar

-

Forester, MOH

Garner

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

My choice would be.....

Fodringham

Kiernan

Tavernier, Senderos, Wallace

-

Rossiter

(sub him just after half time for Barton)

Windass, Kranjcar

-

Forester, MOH

Garner

We absolutely can't play a Senderos type player at the Scumdome.

It better not happen or we are fucked .

A centre half needs time to gel with the other defenders .No matter how good or bad  he may be 

Having said that ,any other permutation is worrying .

I would bite the bullet and start Wilson and Kiernan .They now have the experience of the fixture .

It's the only way to go at this stage 

If they fuck up .It's time up .

I genuinely think it will take a monumental turn of fortune to come away from this one with without being embarressed .

For me though .Then questions must start being asked of management and King 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Do you know what mate .Now I just don't 

Bud dont know if im just trying to convince myself. Last season we could all see how good a manager warburton was and how much he changed things. Yes its a more competitive league we are in now but ive been really dissapointed so far. Warburton doesnt really seem to have a plan b. Just hope we are just finding our feet and will improve and go on a good run. 

2 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

I think anything but a win would spell the end of our challenge. September will tell a lot about the nature of our squad.

Behave yourself. 

If we draw we'll be one point behind having played a game more. Hardly an unascertainable comeback. 

Honestly? We've been shite so far this season, but some people are just posting absolute nonsense to have something else to whinge about.

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

A centre half needs time to gel with the other defenders .No matter how good or bad  he may be 

I would bite the bullet and start Wilson and Kiernan .They now have the experience of the fixture .

I genuinely think it will take a monumental turn of fortune to come away from this one with without being embarressed .

What are your reasons for not playing Senderos? Do you think he'll be out matched?

I don't think gelling is the problem now, when Barton and Rossiter play at the same time they get in each others way and for me that is the problem as it disrupts our play. I agree about Wilson and Kiernan it's time to let them have their chance.

Based on the games we've played so far I'd agree but lets hope MW works out what the glitch is and the team work together to make the plan work.

I'd agree I would seriously like to know how much as DK spent on strengthening the team since his take over and what % of ST money is allocated to this.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Senderos has been training with us for the better part of a fortnight, the Celtic game will be what, just under a month since he's started training with us? 

He's absolutely certain to start if he signs.

9 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

We've dropped a point a game after 4 games, yes. Still not getting why I should panic and say after 34 more games we'll finish 6th.

Did you think we'd "storm it" this season?

No I didn't think we would storm it,  I thought we could challenge, and possibly win.  I no longer think that.  I think 2nd is the absolute best we can hope for right now.

If some changes happen, and we start playing better and not dropping points, my mind will change.   I guess the Ally years have tested my paitence.

As much as I agree that Barton and Rossiter are too similar, I would play both of them against Celtic as we will need to win every ball alongside Kranjcar for his flair and experience. People are expecting too much from Windass. He is a young man coming from division 2 in England and is not ready to start in an old firm game imo.

16 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What are your reasons for not playing Senderos? Do you think he'll be out matched?

I don't think gelling is the problem now, when Barton and Rossiter play at the same time they get in each others way and for me that is the problem as it disrupts our play. I agree about Wilson and Kiernan it's time to let them have their chance.

Based on the games we've played so far I'd agree but lets hope MW works out what the glitch is and the team work together to make the plan work.

I'd agree I would seriously like to know how much as DK spent on strengthening the team since his take over and what % of ST money is allocated to this.

Re DK: as little as possible if anything at all, he's in it for the money, he's getting a very good wage & is never there.

Plus bought shares at very low price & will make fortune later on.

9 minutes ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

Re DK: as little as possible if anything at all, he's in it for the money, he's getting a very good wage & is never there.

Plus bought shares at very low price & will make fortune later on.

If that's the case MW will need to work out how to get the best out of the team he's got and invest wisely on the % of the ST money he has been allocated for strengthening the team.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Behave yourself. 

If we draw we'll be one point behind having played a game more. Hardly an unascertainable comeback. 

Honestly? We've been shite so far this season, but some people are just posting absolute nonsense to have something else to whinge about.

Of course it's not over, far from it. There's still 4 Old Firms to play. I'm basing that assumption on our current form. We've been lucky with the amount of points we've picked up and just don't look like the team of last season vs Dundee and Celtic. We've improved in terms of the playing squad, but we seem to have regressed on the pitch. The slick attacking style of play from last season seems non-existent. We struggle to string a pass together at times, constantly going nowhere with the ball outside the box before losing possession.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Senderos has been training with us for the better part of a fortnight, the Celtic game will be what, just under a month since he's started training with us? 

He's absolutely certain to start if he signs.

So why has it took him so long to sign him .Not for me 

He plays ,We are thumped 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

No I didn't think we would storm it,  I thought we could challenge, and possibly win.  I no longer think that.  I think 2nd is the absolute best we can hope for right now.

If some changes happen, and we start playing better and not dropping points, my mind will change.   I guess the Ally years have tested my paitence.

Yes and Europe is absolutely essential next season ..If not then it will seriously test our patience with MW

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Apart from the fact Senderos isn't yet our player?

Let him sign first, then you've got yourself an argument!

Oh,and there must be a reason why he's played 200ish league games in a 14 year career.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

As much as I agree that Barton and Rossiter are too similar, I would play both of them against Celtic as we will need to win every ball alongside Kranjcar for his flair and experience. People are expecting too much from Windass. He is a young man coming from division 2 in England and is not ready to start in an old firm game imo.

Good call re Windass - especially as he's barely kicked a ball for us!

Unbelievable expectation to heap on a young guy - if he's really going to come straight in & boss it against the manks, he'd be knocking on the premiership door, never mind us!