How much time should warburton be given?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, martin93 said:

I'm sure you know though that we don't have anything like the kind of funds required to bring in a top manager like a Rodgers etc

Dave King said he had the kind of funds required & also said many times he would use those funds.

• That's why he got all our support.
  • That's why we had a boycott of ST & games.
  • That's why we helped him, get shares at very low price.
  • That's why he owns so many shares.
  • That's why he is chairman.

Time he repaid us all.

I cant help but feel shit for warburton in a way even though the critism is deserved, hes spent no more than 3.5M on the squad as a whole and we all demand so much that we expect to compete with a team that is playing in the CL and who have spent more on one player than our team combined, but yes if warburton cant see that the defence is a huge problem, that he is tactically naive and picking players based on reputation then his position is unattainable. 

Time for a change in tactics and starting 11, I think we have enough quality to do well this season but its finding the strongest 11 and the correct system

fuck the pope

16 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

My son mentioned to me on Saturday that our squad was assembled at a cost off approx £3.5million. Cellics was £22 million. 

I don't actually know if that's correct but it shows the gulf is spending power if nothing going else.

We've not had tv money or European money for 4 years .We need time ffs..

Give Warburton 2 more years after this season. nxt season he has to compete wae them and the following WIN it.

Im not saying im happy if we dnt win it this year on next but we need stability and if tht means giving him more time than anyone else gets for our great club then im for it.

How much did King say he had to invest in new players. 50,30 16 million and how much has he actually spent, of his own money that is 2/5ths of fuck all.

Yet people are already baying for Warburtons blood. You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear springs to mind.

Celtic have been storing away cash from four seasons of SPL championships and champions league money and have just invested some of it on a top manager and some very good players. 

We have been shopping in the English lower divisions and the low end of the market because King and co have not created any new income streams or spent any of the quite substantial income from season tickets over the last five seasons including this one or any of the much publicized 50 million. How does anyone expect us to compete on an even basis.

If we need to blame anyone it has to be King and the board.

Don't think he gets the respect from the bigger name players we have in our team and my theory is (and it's only a theory) he hasn't played football which shouldn't matter because he IS a great manager who is still learning his trade 

he will definitely get until the end of the season after that who knows a lot of the blame has to fall on the board if MW had the budget that the soap Dodgers had we would be miles aheadn

I think he should be given until the end of the season.

The problem is that the same issues have been apparent since last October IMO. It's not just problems that have came recently or since the semi-final like people pretend it is. There's threads on this site from last October, November, December complaining about the same things now.

If we don't improve and the manager doesn't learn or progress by the summer the he needs to go. We'll struggle to afford it but sometimes you have to take the hit.

7 hours ago, Big Al II said:

He and the board know fine well we wouldn't win the league this season, the target is to be competitive.

The target should never be to be competitive, it should always be win the league.

"If there's players at Rangers thinking finishing second is acceptable then they don't deserve to be at Rangers"

Kevin Thompson.

He should be allowed next year but as we are going to be dropping points most weeks that aint going to happen. He only has himself to blame , the problems were staring him in the face and he choose to ignore them , and continually made ridiculous signings when he eventually got round to it.

I feel that just about every game this season in the league we have put the wrong team out... How can MOH get 4 assists the week before, then get dropped to shoe horn miller into the team? If he wants to play garner drop miller... Or play him wide left and drop mckay! The fact is we have better players for that position but its like he doesnt want to drop people so hes trying to findways to fit them all in

MOH terrorised tierney for st johnstone and didnt even get a sniff of football! Forrester might just be our best player this season and hes dropped aswell! 

Everyone knew how slow we would be in midfield with Barton and Niko starting and it was proved right again

Niko is a great player but everyone knows he wouldnt be able to deal with the pace of an oldfirm! He should be used in the last 30 mins if needed!

Barton is only starting because of the name on his shirt, if it was down to how hes been performing he wouldnt get near the starting 11 in my opinion, Halliday done a better job of playing a holding midfielder than bartons done so far 

1 hour ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

Fuck the money Celtic get. Why can't we oblierate Hamilton and Kilmarnock?

And that is the million dollar question and one that will need to be answered especially if we keep dropping points in every other game!  

I like MW and hope he can sort out his weaknesses. He had it easy through his managerial career thus far, and suddenly he finds himself under serious pressure. Its now where he earns his stripes. No more fucking 'Plan B is to do Plan A better'.

If we continue in the current manner with the glaringly obvious frailties at the back, poor selection choices, shoehorning in favourites, and at the same time playing poorly, then he'll be in serious trouble by May if we're not, at least, 2nd.

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The target should never be to be competitive, it should always be win the league.

"If there's players at Rangers thinking finishing second is acceptable then they don't deserve to be at Rangers"

Kevin Thompson.

Indeed - the target should be to win it,but if we fail, as long as we have been competitive, then that's one of those things we just have to accept.

I think we'll know by the turn of the year how things will pan out.

If we don't get out of our current rut, I'd consider canning him then to allow a replacement time to get to grips for next season.

Given his constant pronouncements about being backed by the board, I seriously wouldn't trust him to spend a budget wisely, even if a large pot became available.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Indeed - the target should be to win it,but if we fail, as long as we have been competitive, then that's one of those things we just have to accept.

I think we'll know by the turn of the year how things will pan out.

If we don't get out of our current rut, I'd consider canning him then to allow a replacement time to get to grips for next season.

Given his constant pronouncements about being backed by the board, I seriously wouldn't trust him to spend a budget wisely, even if a large pot became available.

Last sentence is spot on , especially with defenders.

6 hours ago, MasterD said:

I think he should be given until the end of the season.

The problem is that the same issues have been apparent since last October IMO. It's not just problems that have came recently or since the semi-final like people pretend it is. There's threads on this site from last October, November, December complaining about the same things now.

If we don't improve and the manager doesn't learn or progress by the summer the he needs to go. We'll struggle to afford it but sometimes you have to take the hit.

Good point, you would think we had been playing like world beaters until Rogic put that penalty into orbit but that wasn't the case. We were struggling to break teams down for a while before that game.

4 wins from our last 13 league games..

Of course there's a gulf in finances between us and them but there's also a gulf between ourselves and Hearts and Aberdeen.

we are now in a fight for second place and let's be honest, we've shown nothing to suggest that is even guaranteed.

our next 3 away games are Pittodrie,Inverness and Tynecastle.

if we do well from now until the next game against them then that should be when his future is decided. if we win then he can stay but if we lose to them at ibrox then surely he has to go. if we win then he can stay. 

or if we don't do well from now until the next game against them then he should be let go. finishing 2nd is bad enough but if it looks like we're finishing lower than that then it's completely unacceptable and he has to go. 

Do people not realise we have fuck all to spend and our defence is so bad because we have no money to strengthen properly, rather than Warburton's incompetence to sort out the defence?

He will know Kiernan, Wilson etc aren't good enough long term and that Senderos is just a short term "solution" (didn't look like it on Saturday right enough...)

Until we get some major investment into the team (£15m-20m); we won't be challenging for anything...