After Match Reaction

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Problem is m8 that's what he says most weeks, we are the better team most weeks, ( or other teams make us look good) but it means nothing if the other side can punt the ball up the park and score.

He has big big problems and he's nowhere near sorting them.

Don't get me wrong that goal was abysmal. I'm taking the interview for what the interview was. He did say this stuff against Hamilton and Kilmarnock. I just think today, if we took our chances, we would have won. I think the interview actually analyses the game pretty well where as the post match interviews vs Hamilton and Killie were well off.

I didn't watch that vid as I more or less know what would have been said, the fact is we dominated that mob but cannot score goals, in my opinion McKay is a shite bag who will not go in for any 50/50 tackles, his passing today was pish as was many others, only pass marks for today would be Fotheringham, Halliday and both C/Hs, the rest were fucking gash and cannot pass a ball ten yards, we paid silly money for Garner and he has shown fuck all since coming to us, until the players realise we need to score rather than play keep ball we will win fuck all, only three weeks until we meet the scum again and if we don't buck up our ideas it will be another thrashing. BTW the sheep are a shite team but took the points.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He goes on about dominating teams, he can't see that teams let us have ball because they know exactly how to play against us. 

Good point!

Did he bother watching Leicester last season?

(you wouldn't bother this season, tho!)

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

"A very good Aberdeen team".

Pathetic,patience is running out with this constant flow of turgid pish that gets spouted after games.

In all my years watching the sheep at their dump .That is the worst I've ever seen them play against us ......And won

I said last week someone needs to take both MW and DW in to a room somewhere and tell them to wake the fuck up and that what is happening is unacceptable. I also said if Aberdeen and Hearts beat us he'll need to go....likewise, add a semi final in to the mix against them now. To have a negative goal difference after 6 games is atrocious and anyone that tries to butter it up about performance etc. is fucking delusional. We are spunking millions on this team and the running of the club and sit in the bottom half of the league. It's not good enough, we deserve so much better. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He goes on about dominating teams, he can't see that teams let us have ball because they know exactly how to play against us. 

This is so true.Teams happily sit and watch us pussyfoot around with the ball knowing there is generally fuck all end product.

Defend deep,counter attack quickly and generally come away with something against us.Fed up with pish spouted these days after matches.Our goal difference itself should be enough to set alarm bells ringing for our management team but it seems it's  heads in the sand time.

Our record from the cup semi last year has been shocking.In fact more than that it's been totally unacceptable.Those who claim its early days in this league and players need to adjust are in my opinion just giving excuses for the team.We have the second largest budget and should be performing much much better.We also have on paper a much stronger squad but don't seem to know how to get the best out of them.

Something has gone drastically wrong with MW's philosophy on how he wants to play and how the team ACTUALLY carry these ideals out onto the park.He must also have taken down the sign about sending the fans home happy because I can't remember the last league game they carried this out.

Its too easy to put this down to a bad start to this season.Couple it with the awful finish to last season and we have a very worrying trend  going back months now.

Frustrating doesn't even come close for most of us so to have to sit and listen the same old shitty post match comments is getting near brick through telly time!

There a time and a place for putting players on there place and I think today should have been one of them. The defending for their first was awful and he should have came out and let Tav know that he's not happy. None of this it's the team shite there has to be accountability.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

In all my years watching the sheep at their dump .That is the worst I've ever seen them play against us ......And won

The exact thing that stuck out for me from his comments, no matter what you think surely you can't actually believe that was a good Aberdeen side today?  They were shite, shite, shite!  He is also getting more nervous each post match, although I suppose I can see why.  It doesn't seem he is that confident in what he has to say at all.

He can analyse 'til the cows come home....or however long it takes the team bus to trudge its way back to Glasgow with no points on board and only 1 for the entire month of September.

And his analysis will be articulate - in the usual soundbite terms - and probably quite accurate.

So what?

Because if he is unable to translate that analysis into effective ways to turn this around into a team that wins and wins a lot more than it loses or draws then its just analysis without requisite correcting action.    He said - rightly - after the OF shambles that things needed to be turn round quickly.  Well they are not.  The results this season so far point to team and a manager that are failing.   How much longer will he be given?  At what point does change become inevitable?   Is it to the end of the season and it a simple 'yes he's got us into Europe for next season = success', or he's not and its end of game for Warburton at the end of the season?   Will King hold his nerve until then?   Or does he need to act sooner to try to get next season off to a better start?   One thing seems sure enough to me, the longer these sorts of league results go on the pressure on Warburton will become immense.    

We used to talk about Ally McCoist presiding over the worst Rangers team ever - and so it was.  If he is not careful Warburton is in danger of attracting a similar assessment for a Rangers team in the top league.  

Results matter.  Winning for Rangers matters a very great deal.   Excuses don't matter and neither does the analysis if it does not result in effective, quick corrective action.