Andy Halliday

eskbankloyal

Still shocked with SA going to the dark side - inconceivable really. nevertheless, I don't think we need him, or we can do without him - we have enough of our own.

WATP

It was all about money. He has a guy in birmingham looking for over a million in compo for a car crash. Wee rat anyway.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eskbank goes on the same bus which was frequented by Andy Halliday. Several boys on the bus are friends of Andy.

Why shouldn't we believe it? Have you heard contrary?

All we have heard is about how they are life long friends growing up best pals and if Halliday has totally blocked him and ditched him as a friend because of his career choice. A fucking shite career choice may i add then would say Halliday is cunt of a pal. But he seems like a genuine guy not a cunt so a don't believe he would be like that

You and your best mate have known each other all your days,supporting the same club together. Then an opportunity comes around where you could both be playing for the team at the same time,but your pal decides to move to them just for money.

Who wouldn't disown him? People who say they wouldn't are bare faced liars.

If one of my mates signed for them I would still be pals with them however if said pal joined them and started denying their support of rangers after I'd been in the papers talking it up trying to help win them a move and fight their case for him I would be very disappointed.

Why do u think he said it was over exaggerated? He was trying to tame the bheasts and appeal to them. Allan knows this, and Halliday knows this. I guarantee u they're still mates.

Aye. He didn't actually say it was exaggerated, he just went with the suggestion put to him by a journalist. All he's doing is playing the game he thinks he has to now and trying to answer questions in ways he sellic think mhanks will want to hear.

If one of my mates signed for them I would still be pals with them however if said pal joined them and started denying their support of rangers after I'd been in the papers talking it up trying to help win them a move and fight their case for him I would be very disappointed.

I might be OK with a mate signing for them, depending on the circumstances. I don't think I would be OK with a mate that was a big Rangers man choosing them over us. I'd probably tell him where to go.

He's giving it 'any mate that doesn't support me was never a real mate', whereas in reality it's the other way round, it's him that's fucked his mates over.

You and your best mate have known each other all your days,supporting the same club together. Then an opportunity comes around where you could both be playing for the team at the same time,but your pal decides to move to them just for money.

Who wouldn't disown him? People who say they wouldn't are bare faced liars.

Best mate? I wouldn't disown him, it's ridiculous to suggest it. They're doing a job. Allan has a kid, if he ended up crippled in the next few months playing for Hibs then we wouldn't sign him and his family probably wouldn't be set up financially for life. I don't blame Allan for doing what he did. It would be strange on Halliday's part if he did too.

To be honest I'd do the same. I think we all have 'mates', work colleagues, acquaintances, who have the misfortune of supporting the dark side, and whilst we would never be happy or agree with them signing for the dark side, I think we could accept that that is their dream, no matter how warped it may seem to us. However, I think this is totally different. Halliday, and Allan by all accounts have been mates for the majority of their lives, lived close to Ibrox, supported the club all their days and have always claimed, to one day, dream of playing for us. Therefore, the prospect of that happening for both of them, and for the possibility of them both running out together at Ibrox in our famous jersey must have been even better than fairytale stuff, especially for Halliday. Imagine being good enough, and lucky enough to play for the team you love with your best mate. It would be incredible.

Halliday has also publicly, and no doubt privately expressed how much he wanted Allan to be here and according to some it seemed certain Allan was making the same noises. It was also pretty evident we wanted him here. Therefore, for Allan, to pretty much retract, which would appear to be a pretty significant factor in their friendship and to effectively make him look like a dick must have hurt and angered Halliday a helluva lot. I would be raging if that happened to me, and I personally could never trust nor be with that person again.

Seen this on Twitter and brought a little smile to my face..........

"Allan's dad's a proddy,

He thinks his son is gay,

The son he really wanted,

Was Andy Halliday!"

Best mate? I wouldn't disown him, it's ridiculous to suggest it. They're doing a job. Allan has a kid, if he ended up crippled in the next few months playing for Hibs then we wouldn't sign him and his family probably wouldn't be set up financially for life. I don't blame Allan for doing what he did. It would be strange on Halliday's part if he did too.

Could you be any more clichéd if you tried there?

I think the word you were actually looking for is objective.

Don't see why there's any objectivity deserved where Allan is concerned.

If he'd been completely honest at the start that who he apparently supported didn't matter and he was just looking for a move wherever then perhaps, but he was more than happy to play up the lifelong Rangers fan status and he used his friendship with Halliday to help that along. Then as soon as there was a whiff of interest from them he was off without even a second's doubt.

Disowning is the least of what he deserves.

Unpopular opinion it seems but, if Halliday ditched his lifelong friend over this, then he is being petty

Totally agree. I find it hard to believe you'd disown your best mate over the job they choose to have.

My closest mates are both Rangers and Celtic supporters and if any of the Rangers supporters started playing with Celtic they'd still be my mate, albeit with a bit more ribbing involved.

I'd disown you two for this pish ya pair of wallopers