Would You Have Him Back ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought McCabe had the potential to be a great player for us. As with many badly advised by an agent for the agent's benefit. We all make mistakes especially when young. I would not be averse to giving him another chance with us. As for some of the others - they were older and more experienced - NO

I think Wednesday got the shit end of the stick

We could have just got him for fuck all but negotiated with Rangers on a fee which probably with wages worked out at £half a million for jack shit

Geez peace mate ffs. We lost a whole squad & you're begrudging losing half a million quid. Now, with recent developments hierarchy wise at Hillsborough it's quite clear who got 'the shit end of the stick.' :lol:

UTB ;)

I don't think he was that great in the first place. A decent prospect, who maybe if he'd played much football in the last 3 years might have gotten better. Is Andy Murdoch any less of a player than McCabe was when he broke into the first team? I'd rather persevere with Murdoch and look to the future with other players.

Of course, that is without mentioning him being a complete and total traitor.

Honest sometimes I don't understand some people on here, live in cockoo land. There Is ex players that STILL want to play for us again. They are not the enemy here, there is the bigger fish that shat on us.

How gracious and magnanimous of them :lol:

Aside form the very particular circumstances, how well have returning players in general worked out for us?

How many of these players that left us in our time of need have actually gone on and made something of themselves? If they had stayed they could have been legends here...

Honest sometimes I don't understand some people on here, live in cockoo land. There Is ex players that STILL want to play for us again. They are not the enemy here, there is the bigger fish that shat on us.

I have no problem with him signing or SW signing him, my problem is if he isnt good enough for them the he sure aint good enough for us, I hope he gets another club and does well .

It's Thursday now, so he's not so loyal anymore.

You made your choice and chose to snipe at the club who gave you your breakthrough.

Now you are so much of a nobody, you make Jamie Ness seem like a household name.

Forgive and forget.......but never forget what you forgave.....( my burd's philosophy) I honestly don't get aw the fucks and allegedly supporters who fucked off wi their pockets bulging. Would have been easy enough to do what Edu did or transferred fees into RFFF if they didn't trust Charlie boy.

The 22-year-old midfielder came through the ranks at Rangers, and was considered as something of a hot prospect at Ibrox having made nine first-team appearances in the 2011/12 season.

Yet when Rangers were demoted to the fourth tier of Scottish football in 2012, McCabe decided that he didn't want to stick with the club, and instead chose to leave Ibrox as a free agent, penning a three-year deal with Sheffield Wednesday.

Yet having failed to really make an impact at Hillsborough, McCabe was loaned out to Portsmouth last season, and with just three appearances in all competitions for Wednesday this term, McCabe has now been released, becoming a free agent.

After his exit from Rangers three years ago, McCabe told the Glasgow Evening Times that he didn't want to leave and was still a Rangers supporter, meaning he may want a return to Ibrox this summer.

However, Rangers fans took to Twitter after hearing the news, and were far from sympathetic with their former prospect, suggesting that it serves him right for leaving Rangers when they needed him most.

That reaction from Rangers fans suggests that McCabe wouldn't be welcomed back at Ibrox - even though they could snap him up for nothing after his release.

Rhys McCabe released from Sheffield Wednesday, serves him right for leaving Rangers when they needed him!

Andrew Hamilton (@awol5) May 5, 2015

Hard to feel sorry for Rhys McCabe. He shouldn't have treated Rangers and the fans they way he did.

London Blue Nose (@londonbluenose) May 5, 2015

Rhys McCabe released by Sheffield Wednesday? To think he was one of the first to bail on us as well eh...

WATP Magazine (@WATP_Magazine) May 5, 2015

Well done Rhys McCabe, that move worked out great

Robyn (@Robyn1872) May 5, 2015

Would you want McCabe to return to Rangers

He has stunk like dog shit in England.

Why would we want someone who has done nothing for 3 years.

And we really, really must end this obsession about bringing back ex players.

Him and Ness could have been legends with over 100 games to their names for us if they stayed for the fight but their heads were filled by shite from their agents and they left us when we needed them the most.

No thanks Rhys.