Does Lee Mcculloch Deserve Another Role At Rangers?

Gaz52

Does Lee McCulloch deserve it?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. McCulloch deserving of role?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee has many critics but it can't be denied that he has vast experience at the top level and maybe Warburton wants someone on his staff who has good knowledge of current Scottish football .I personally can see both views about him joining our coaching staff but I trust Warburton to choose wisely and must admit having a true blue on the staff is a bonus providing he adds value, whatever wages Lee picked up in the past few years is a non issue with me because he's a professional footballer and I don't think the words "boss I think my wages are a little high "have ever been uttered by one . We can't have it both ways whereby we criticise the players who fucked off while the we also complain when one stays, for I don't think Lee would have been on the dole if he'd have walked.

I'm not sure where "deserve" comes into it. I have reservations in that I'm not sure what innovation he could bring to the table. However if the management team think that he has a particular ability to implement their methods then it is up to them to recruit him or other appropriate coaches.

He hasn't actually done anything wrong except get picked and play poorly last season. But he was picked and he did his job as well as he could.

I went to meet all the players at Murray Park when Weir was captain.

If you didn't know, you would have thought McCulloch was the captain.

He spoke to everybody, didn't rush it and made every person he spoke to have his full attention.

As a man, you couldn't meet a nicer guy.

There is 100% space at our club for guys like Lee McCulloch.

I can only guess the people who voted no have never met the man.

I can hand on heart say he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. They way he treats the kids is special, you can't fake that.

Absolutely not. I'm willing to give the players that are left a chance (through necessity and the fact they werent previously managed or coached it seems) but in general, the more we can do to rid our club of the pervasive atmosphere brought on by the acceptance of failure and poor standards the better.

If he is suitably qualified and has the demonstrated competence, and experience then yes.

However, I'm sure he hasn't and I'm sure there must be others more suited for the job.

As others have said, if W&W believe he can add value then yes but if it's a 'jobs for the boys' type scenario then it's a big fat no.