Mcdowall- 5 Years To Fix Rangers

Murtaugh

It's just a built in excuse so the mugs (that's us by the way) won't give them stick too early, and they can feed off the club like the rest have and some already have who are coming in before they are sussed. No excuses, no 5 year shite get a new manager in now and get us out this purgatory and into the top flight next season. Get it done !

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say we were promoted, everyone would renew surely? How much money is that even at this season's prices?

I think it's in the region of £16 million but 20% disappears in VAT. It sounds a lot but you have to take into consideration the sheer size of operation a club like Rangers is.

What do you think the crowds will be like if it takes 5 years to challenge?

We will have lost alost a generation of supporters if that is the case.

McCoist McDowall and most of the players have done as much, if not more damage to the club than anyone else.

I was hoping those coming in would have funding in place and ambition to challenge on every front from day 1. That may be a big ask but we should give it everything we've got to bounce back as quickly as possible.

It's Scotland we play in not the Premiership.

Yes we are in a sorry state but statements like this smack of defeatism. I want everyone involved at Rangers to have the attitude that we are Rangers, what have you got?

It wont take 5 years or whatever's getting banded about ..not with the right manager in place it won't ..at the end of the day it's not going to take multi millions to challenge again and with the right man /coaching team in place it should be a lot quicker than folk think imo

Yes the majority of players will be going but do you honestly think we are going to throw millions at building a new team next season?

Where is this vast amount of money coming from?

We need a near new starting 11 and while we have beaten a few top league sides we have also been battered by the majority we faced.

Aberdeen are streets ahead of us while Hearts also seem to destroy us every time we meet and they are a lower league side as it stands.

There is no money in Scottish football, people who invest will get little if anything back at this point so I'm sturggling to see why anyone would fund what we require to be 'back' at the top in 5 years.

Maybe it would have been 5 years had McCoist not made a rip roaring cunt of things and got away with it for 3 years.

The board should have made a change in October/early November.

I really don't feel we need to spend big money given the competition.

The right manager could have a team equivalent to Aberdeen for less than £5m plus wages, which will be cleared up by letting the dross go.

The board should have made a change in October/early November.

I really don't feel we need to spend big money given the competition.

The right manager could have a team equivalent to Aberdeen for less than £5m plus wages, which will be cleared up by letting the dross go.

We don't have a team who can perform at the level required.

Big money is what it's going to cost. Even at £500k per player we need 11-13 new ones just to get back to within a position of challenging and that not including wages.

How do you think we will be able to do this?

Remember the best of the talent in Scotland is at the tims while bog standard championship clubs down south can easily pay double to a player than we can then how do we go about 'building' this team?

IMO folk are looking at this far too simplistically, its not champ manager and its not as simple as throwing in a number of players and saying thats good enough to catch Celt*c. Have we learned anything from this hell we have been in for 3 season now? You need a balance from top to bottom with coaching, scouting, manager and the right players.

Anyone who thinks this can be sorted out in a few years is kidding themselves on.

Im all for positivity but sheer ignorance to the situation we are currently in is not going to do us any favours.

All of the above is assuming we even go up which at this moment in time is looking very, very unlikely.

(tu)

McCoist's legacy will be a bastard to turn around, he's added years onto this journey.

With the Ally fiasco and the boardroom debacle, we're basically in the same position as a club as we were when we came out of admin - having to start all over again.

With the Ally fiasco and the boardroom debacle, we're basically in the same position as a club as we were when we came out of admin - having to start all over again.

Worse I would say after admin we had part time opposition and plenty of money, now we have fulltime opposition and no money.

If any club drew up a blueprint of how not to do things after admin it's been us.

How sad we're (KM) at the state where we talk of 5 years to get sorted when Hearts have practically bounced right back.

They have had a truly remarkable season by their standards. I doubt they'll stroll next season though...

hearts to collapse by Christmas. :pipe:

Having seen the interview on SSN he was referring to the whole infrastructure of the club top to bottom.

We've still got some good players. Bell, Wallace, McGregor, Templeton, Clark could all do a job under a new manger. Add another 3-4 good players in there and we could qualify for Europe at the first time of asking. Priority should be a new manager and getting all the shite out the door during the summer.

A disgraceful statement. We should be challenging next year. Realistically we are up against no one. Celtic are in their worst and weakest state in decades(as are we granted) and the rest cannot financially live with us. If King buys into any of this 5 year nonsense then the stadium is going stay empty a while longer. Our club needs success now, as do our fans. We are in real danger of losing a generation of fans. We need something to bring them back and 5 year plans is not going to cut it, as Celtic are parading trophy after trophy, i don't think so! Rangers fans won't have it.

Now Kenny, kindly f*ck off and let us get on with it.

Thanks to Ally, Clipboard and Durrant we are in the state we are in im afraid, they have set us back with horrendous football and ability to progress players.

The new Manager needs a major clear out thank fuck most of them are out of contract in summer.

Worse I would say after admin we had part time opposition and plenty of money, now we have fulltime opposition and no money.

If any club drew up a blueprint of how not to do things after admin it's been us.

(tu)

the last 3 years reminds me of this

sideshow-bob-steps-on-rakes-o.gif

To be fair, when Ally signed Boyd and Miller, am sure 95% of bears were happy

Which is more evidence of how often bears can be wrong.

I for one was not happy with us signing either of those players, there are far too many bears that cannot look to the future and always look to our past.

The number on here that want us to bring back Walter as our Manager is sadly yet more evidence of that.

Money can't fix everything. Even lots and lots of money. Look at Man City. Decent team.. highest payroll in world sport... but they won't win the title and are basically a disaster in Europe imho.

We need to be smart with any investment. New management.... development programme that works... scouting... All the stuff we have all been saying for years.

I think we have one last chance to get this right.

Money can't fix everything. Even lots and lots of money. Look at Man City. Decent team.. highest payroll in world sport... but they won't win the title and are basically a disaster in Europe imho.

We need to be smart with any investment. New management.... development programme that works... scouting... All the stuff we have all been saying for years.

I think we have one last chance to get this right.

But they are competing with numerous rivals with similar or larger budget than them. We have only 1 rival, a mediocre one at that.

I agree with the last part, this is our last chance, we mess this up, we are finished. Kingco must get it right and quick.