One huge difference between this and the last Ally Ally gtf

pcbear

McCoist the player had tons of ability and was always more than capable of turning it around, McCoist the manager has none and has no chance of coming good, to be comparing the two is just plain daft, its amazing that its taken so long for his shortcomings to reach mainstream press.

v Dundee at Ibrox on a Sunday in the cup was the first time if I remember correctly (Bomber scoring?)

McCoist the player had tons of ability and was always more than capable of turning it around, McCoist the manager has none and has no chance of coming good, to be comparing the two is just plain daft, its amazing that its taken so long for his shortcomings to reach mainstream press.

v Dundee at Ibrox on a Sunday in the cup was the first time if I remember correctly (Bomber scoring?)

When the fans chanted that at McCoist the player, did they think he has tons of ability and was capable of turning it around? Too easy in hindsight.

I'll no be chanting "ally ally GTF", that's the kind of shit a surrender monkey does. I still reckon we'll win the league by about ten points.

So you think we will get 20 points while hearts don't? I'd love it if you are right but think that is a bit unrealistic!

When the fans chanted that at McCoist the player, did they think he has tons of ability and was capable of turning it around? Too easy in hindsight.

Yep plenty wanted him gone in his early days at Ibrox! - Souness seemed to also want him gone during his tenure and benched him a lot and he still ended up top goalscorer ( Iirc)

Yep plenty wanted him gone in his early days at Ibrox! - Souness seemed to also want him gone during his tenure and benched him a lot and he still ended up top goalscorer ( Iirc)

I can't uinderstand your blind faith in Ally the mamnager. Sure, he turned out to be a great player. He did have a decent track record (albeit with a couple of lesser teams) before he came to Ibrox so possibly part of the frustration was he wasn't showing this in the early days.

What potnetial has he shown as a manger or coach? We are playing arguably some of the worst calibre of football in the club's history.. We have lost good talented young players like Charlie Telfer because they do not see a future under McCoist. His signing record has also been abysmal.

I also think part of the anti-Ally feelign is on the value for money he brings. He and the coaching team are paid very handsomely for their services, far more than every SPL manageement team except Celtic. Is this the right thing to do for a club in our financial position? No way.

I think it is gettign to the stage of defendiign the indefensible with Ally and co. Far too many times they have fallen short of meeting what shoudl be basic expectations for a club with our resources..

All of this is completely irrelevant to whats happening now. Ally was a young man then, developing as a player. Ally as a manager has been an assistant manager at international level, assistant manager when we were in CL, manager in SPL, Div 3, Div 2 and now Div 1, along with every cup in Scotland, and still no signs of a clue, his ability as a manager has peaked and anyone with half a brain can see that.

Ally was our greatest player, but that means nothing when it comes to his ability as manager. The fact some try to make the two one in the same to defend him shows theyve run out of ways to defend him.

If people want analogies to him as a player it would be similar to him running the ball from the half way line to the box then putting every single shot a mile over the bar. Ally doesnt have the end product as a manager. One definition of insanity is attempting the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, something Ally still hasnt figured out.

I'll no be chanting "ally ally GTF", that's the kind of shit a surrender monkey does. I still reckon we'll win the league by about ten points.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Based on what? shutting your eyes, crossing your fingers and toes while chanting super Ally 5 times?

This just in...

He's a fucking loser as a football manager.

Said the same on another thread, he clearly had ability as a player to make it to Ibrox in the first place, I'm still waiting to see anything resembling managerial quality from him, and I've been looking since he took over.

He was clueless when Naismith got injured and managed to make Jelavic look awful.

I think one of big differences between Ally as a player and manager is the amount of luck he had/has. Not decrying his ability as a player but he did carry a fair bit of fortune at important times during his playing career. Equally, not making excuses for his poor performance as a manager but he has not really had many 'breaks' in the big games.

I can't understand folk comparing Ally the player with Ally the manager and the argument that because he came good as a player he can do the same as a manager.

He was a great striker but he'll never be a great manager, maybe if he'd started management in the bottom leagues and learned how to do it, the same as he did as a player he might have come good.

This is proof positive that substance abuse fucks your brain up and the fact that the other mad-hatters agree with you seals it

I can't understand folk comparing Ally the player with Ally the manager and the argument that because he came good as a player he can do the same as a manager.

He was a great striker but he'll never be a great manager, maybe if he'd started management in the bottom leagues and learned how to do it, the same as he did as a player he might have come good.

Don't think anyone has said that in this thread. Somebody who wants him gone did the comparison, tbf.

Aye,you looking forward to the playoffs then, if we get there, cause no chance we are winning this drawing against Alloa? Not even mentioned losing to Hibs and Hearts.....doh!

Still, nice to see you have the best interests or Rangers at heart and have no issue with the style of play, tactical decisions or substitutions by the six folded arms gang.

I would say McCoist did go complete seasons being pretty poor.When Souness took over I still doubted his ability. I was a late convert. Do you remember those days and if so,were you always convinced he'd go on to be a Rangers Legend? I am not saying he will also do this as a manager, Just responding to the "thought not" in your previous post