Felix Magathe Buys 1% Shares And Technical Director Role...

strar8

I'm excited by this move, as long as he's open to new ideas as DOF then a younger talented coach along side him could be a great match up.

Someone who gives youth a chance - tick.

Someone who rewards work ethic and ability - tick.

Imagine McCoist working under him??!! Talk about incompatible. I can see our team becoming unrecognisable soon, all the wasters in the first team will want to jump ship before this guy becomes DOF.

It could be another reason why they have left Kenny in charge, the big Cheeze might be in place to hold his hand through this season.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Thats a classic Record article, I wonder if the Daily Record ever referred to him as a "German Football Legend" when he was the manager of Fulham, it must be fun writing that stuff :lol:

The idea with a DoF is that instead of having a manager for a short time, and having to change the team everytime you change the manager you got a DoF that hires and fires coaches and players.

Making sure that new players and coaches fits right in with the club plans

Lol nae bother.

What a laugh it'll be seeing you and others opinion on this suddenly change to mine if it comes out hes in Parkco's camp

This article already said this has nothing to do with Sarvers bid, so...

It's vital we appoint the right person for this role as this could shape us for the next decade. Unfortunately, Magath doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

Maybe we could ask the de Boers to have a word in Cruyffs ear at Ajax, he knows a thing or two about setting successful foundations ;)

Did he not win the bundesliga with Wolfsburg or something!? (as well as Bayern Munich). Some achievement. He has played at the highest level as a player and successfully coached/Dof at the highest level. Get him in now as head coach/Dof till the end of the season. Then move him to Dof/Technical Director next year with a new head coach.

He'd certainly get the training/discipline sorted out. The players wouldn't know what hit them!

Kenny McDowell or Felix Magath in charge till the end of the season? Tough one..

Did he not wrap cheese around a players leg to heal an injury?

It wasn't like a block of cheese as the media suggested to make it sound worse, it was a curd you spread on because they reckon it has some anti-inflammatory benefits to reduce the swelling of the injury. Not convinced it would work, but apparently quite a few athletes do it.

Read that article and tell me why he would be any good here? Wrapping cheese around players and fining players and being known as 'Saddam'. He was absolutely crap at Fulham too.

Fulham were doomed long before he came in.

It was undoubted a blip but he has a strong CV on the whole.

Imagine us kicking about with the new Edin Dzekos and Phillip Lahms in 5 or 6 years time. :lol:

But this is way we should have had the club going in 2012 after the IPO!

Why do you think he's turning up now and not back then? No one with this type of experience was going to turn up and do this in the lowest tier of Scottish football.