Felix Magathe Buys 1% Shares And Technical Director Role...

strar8

I have read/heard alot about his pre-seasons and training styles, he's apparantly outdated in that he just absolutely hammers the players with intense cardio exercises but with no real end game in terms of recovery and balance. So it's actually detrimental to the players overall and they aren't in peak condition for matches. He's done nothing in the last 5 years to suggest he's on the up an progressive, quite the opposite really.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it over exaggerated? Did he recommend trying cheese to heal a players injuries? Yes. Wtf!

Because the media portrayed it as holding a block of cheese against the injured area which is just stupid and exaggerated the story, when in actual fact he suggested applying a topfen curd to the injured area because several athletes have tried this in the past and it is believed to have anti-inflammatory benefits.

Because the media portrayed it as holding a block of cheese against the injured area which is just stupid and exaggerated the story, when in actual fact he suggested applying a topfen curd to the injured area because several athletes have tried this in the past and it is believed to have anti-inflammatory benefits.

What the fuck is topfen curd? Cheese?

The guy seems well out of date. Nobody reading that article can think all that crazy shit he did and his players hating him would be good at Rangers surely?

Perhaps, but if he's removed from the day to day task of managing and he is purely using his experience he's gained at some massive clubs and using that to help us rebuild our club and implement a proper, more modern set up then it might not be a bad thing.

I'm purely playing devils advocate here but for years now people have been moaning about unfocused training, unfit players, the matey matey attitude between players and management and so on and here we are being linked with a guy who doesn't do these things and people are moaning about it.

Has it now reached a stage where we are so bitter and angry after all that's happened that we can only look at things and pick the negatives out?

People are genuinely only getting excited because he is a bit of a big name, without actually having a clue about his "philosphy", the way he trains/coaches and his past.

Have a look in to it before questioning why anyone would be against this. (tu)

Team talk at half time:

tumblr_lncp9jn33g1qb2ab9o1_500.jpg

Please please please please give him the technical director role. What a massive step in the right direction this would be for us! The thought of him at TD and Ian Cathro as head coach excites me. This is the type of appointment we should have made in the fucking third divison not now. At least we're looking in the right direction though

Perhaps, but if he's removed from the day to day task of managing and he is purely using his experience he's gained at some massive clubs and using that to help us rebuild our club and implement a proper, more modern set up then it might not be a bad thing.

I'm purely playing devils advocate here but for years now people have been moaning about unfocused training, unfit players, the mateyatey attitude between players and management and so on and here we are being linked with a guy who doesn't do these things and people are moaning about it.

Has it now reached a stage where we are so bitter and angry after all that's happened that we can only look at things and pick the negatives out?

The guy sounds good maybe for a German or continental team, but he sounds a bit Berti Vogts to me. I wouldn't mind some more discipline, but I don't want someone called Saddam in there with healing cheese curds. He sounds well past his prime now which is why nobody else wants him. I remember watching that game the 6ft 6inch centre back was in right back getting torn to shreds.

Because Paul le Guen's 21st century methods were a success at out club!! I can't believe you have the audacity to suggest his regimes are outdated compared to ours.

He wouldn't be involved in the day-to-day things, so no cheese rubbings etc. moreover, his players hate him? Well we've had the opposite problem with Super Ally...

His ex-player at Fulham:

“He was very difficult to work with. His main tool is to try to physically and mentally batter his players and then hopefully get some results out of that.

“Is that the right fit for English football? I don’t think so. Rather than help us avoid relegation, it made things worse. He is not the right man to get the club back up and things will get worse before they get better.”

He took 1 point in 7 games in the championship leaving them bottom. If Ally was a dinosaur in the tactics and training this guy sounds like a dinosaurs grandad.

His ex-player at Fulham:

He took 1 point in 7 games in the championship leaving them bottom. If Ally was a dinosaur in the tactics and training this guy sounds like a dinosaurs grandad.

That's not what we want to hear though, must be someone saying something positive about his methods we can focus on...

What the fuck is topfen curd? Cheese?

It's also known as Quark

In Switzerland, quark is recommended by some physiotherapists as an alternative to ice for treatment of swelling associated with sprains, etc.[citation needed] It can be cooled in a refrigerator and then applied to swollen tissues (enclosed in a plastic bag). The advantages over ice are that it does not get so cold, reducing risk of damage to treated tissue, but stays cooler longer.

So Magath is a no-go for what has happened over the last 12 months in a role he is not interested in at Rangers?

And we should ignore what he achieved over the previous 20 years at multiple clubs because of a piece of cheese?

Fuck, we must be in a fine position on the football field at least.