Felix Magathe Buys 1% Shares And Technical Director Role...

strar8

I have read/heard alot about his pre-seasons and training styles, he's apparantly outdated in that he just absolutely hammers the players with intense cardio exercises but with no real end game in terms of recovery and balance. So it's actually detrimental to the players overall and they aren't in peak condition for matches. He's done nothing in the last 5 years to suggest he's on the up an progressive, quite the opposite really. WHAT END GAME DO WE CURRENTLY HAVE ? NANDOS APART :000000082:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to laugh at those giving it 'he was a disaster at fulham' while completely ignoring his achievements. Also, some saying his methods are 'draconian' or '20/30 years out of date'....have you seen the state of the 'football' we play, our apparently ridiculous training schedules/all you can eat buffets/half time fucking tea and biscuits.....Aye because we are definitely a club so in touch with the modern game :rolleyes:

Someone of Magath's standing, in the right role could only benefit us.

Good logic. Hes outdated and so is our club, so get him in.

Eh, no.

On the face of it , I agree with you.

My only worry is players attitude - you only have to think back to PLG to see what happened when somebody tried to introduce more modern techniques and life styles .

Let's hope he is better in his job than PLG and generate some respect.

Late for training? That'll be a €100 fine for every minute until you show up. Wearing headphones on the team bus? €250 please. On the pitch, any player that delivers an "unnecessary backpass" will have to pay up €1,000, while a defender that lets the ball bounce in front of him rather than clearing it directly can expect an imposition of €500. Yes, Magath is actually that crazy.

ahahahaha.

Nae wonder one of the partys want him, our first team squad would end up in a situation where they're paying to play for us. :lol:

Having read a lot about Magathe, he has as a brilliant CV. Felt he was shafted a bit by Fulham and the english press. I would love to see him at Ibrox as an interim manager till the end of the season, moving onto the DoF role with Cathro as head coach for the new season. A complete change of direction is much needed. The man has invested his own cash, and may be willing to work as interim for minimal cost to protect his investment.

Interesting... Very interesting.

Two years too late perhaps but beggars can't be choosers and to have the ear of such a legendary footballing figure (as Director of Footballing Operations or otherwise) can only be good thing.

It's a definite ja from me.

Be careful about calling us beggars, admin don't like that sort of thing as it is a traditional term for the cellic.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=278124

Felix Magath's bid to become Rangers technical director backed by Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor

By John Mcgarry For The Scottish Daily Mail

22:00 09 Jan 2015, updated 22:03 09 Jan 2015

+6

Facebook

Twitter

WhatsApp

Click to open

Pinterest

Google Plus

Reddit

Stumble Upon

Digg it

LinkedIn

Email

Click to close

comments

Felix Magath wants to become technical director at Rangers

He is backed by Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor

Magath's last act in football was to manage Fulham to relegation

The Three Bears are behind Felix Magaths bid to become Rangers new technical director.

Sportsmail understands the former Fulham boss has aligned himself with Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor in the hope they can become the new powerbrokers at Ibrox.

Magath snapped up £200,000 of shares in the club having been alerted to the potential at Rangers during a visit to Murray Park with the Cottagers last summer. He has held preliminary discussions with representatives of the three businessman in Scotland this week and both parties are open to further discussions.

+6

Manager Felix Magath pictured in the dugout during his time in charge of Fulham last year

The 61-year-old wants to overhaul Rangers entire coaching and scouting structure based on the German model with responsibility for recruiting and developing players resting with him.

A head coach would assume responsibility for the first team with transfers in and out at that level decided jointly in line with the European model.

Whether the former Stuttgart and Bayern Munich managers dream is realised, however, depends on the Park-led consortium getting the keys to the door.

Currently with around 20 per cent of the club, the Three Bears - together with Dave King and American Robert Sarver - are hopeful of wresting control from the Mike Ashley-Easdale brothers axis presently ruling the roost. With the club fast running out of money and already £3million in debt to Ashley, the current powerbrokers look increasingly vulnerable to market forces.

+6

Rangers beat Dumbarton last time out with Dean Shiels (right) wrapping up a 3-1 victory at Ibrox

Sarver, the financier who owns the Phoenix Suns NBA team, is still awaiting a response to his increased £20m offer plus a £6.5m loan he tabled earlier this week.

Significantly, however, it would require 75 per cent of shareholders to approve the issue of fresh capital to the American in order for his takeover to get off the ground a threshold the Three Bears, King with 15 per cent and myriad other parties could prevent him from reaching.

King insists he is not working in concert with the Three Bears to exact boardroom change but both parties do share a common goal.

Despite the worsening financial situation, neither the Easdales nor Newcastle owner Ashley have indicated they are willing to sell up yet.

Kings campaign last year to deny the club season-ticket money has hardened the boards attitude to him in particular.

+6

Phoenix Suns owner and financier Robert Sarver increased his Rangers takeover bid to £20million

Given the transfer of shares over the past few weeks, however with Laxey selling their stake to the Three Bears an EGM calling for the removal of existing directors is an increasingly viable route for either King or the Park consortium.

King is believed to be keenest on this road to power but, as of Friday night, had yet to play his hand. Park, Letham and Taylor are favouring a more low-profile strategy but their link with Magath will undoubtedly increase their standing among floating voters.

On Friday night the German said: I dont want to comment on my stock dealings, thats private. I spent the Christmas holidays in London and actually visited someone in Glasgow but I dont want to comment on whether there has been talks with the club either.

Magath has been out of work since leaving relegated Fulham in September but his reputation as a sharp football brain is undiminished.

+6

Dave King bought a 14.5 per cent share in the club this month and is keen to protect the club for the fans

Famous for scoring Hamburgs winner against Juventus in the 1983 European Cup Final, he managed the German club before spells at Nurnberg, Eintracht Frankfurt and Werder Bremen.

Over three seasons at Stuttgart, he developed players such as Andreas Hinkel, Kevin Kuranyi, Philipp Lahm, Mario Gomez and Alex Hleb.

He left Stuttgart for Bayern Munich where he won two doubles but his subsequent success at Wolfsburg put even that in the shade.

They avoided relegation on the last day of the season in 2007, but the following year he took them to fifth and in 2009 won the Bundesliga.

Schalke 04 was the next stop but an initial second place finish proved the high water mark and following his dismissal in March 2011 relegation- threatened Wolfsburg again came calling.

Although he kept them afloat, Magath left the club for a second time a year later. That opened the door to his first job outwith Germany at Fulham last February but after failing to keep them up he was fired in September.

Over three seasons at Stuttgart, he developed players such as Andreas Hinkel, Kevin Kuranyi, Philipp Lahm, Mario Gomez and Alex Hleb.

He left Stuttgart for Bayern Munich where he won two doubles but his subsequent success at Wolfsburg put even that in the shade.

They avoided relegation on the last day of the season in 2007, but the following year he took them to fifth and in 2009 won the Bundesliga.

Schalke 04 was the next stop but an initial second place finish proved the high water mark and following his dismissal in March 2011 relegation- threatened Wolfsburg again came calling.

Although he kept them afloat, Magath left the club for a second time a year later. That opened the door to his first job outwith Germany at Fulham last February but after failing to keep them up he was fired in September.

I actually find this both alarming and disappointing, irrespective of his record.

Buy shares/aliging with a faction & then tyourself for a future role or vacancy ?

Would the best way not be to idenitfy the need, advertise the post, interview candidates and then appoint the best applicant ?

I actually find this both alarming and disappointing, irrespective of his record.

Buy shares/aliging with a faction & then nominaye yourself for a future role or vacancy ?

Would the best way not be to idenitfy the need, advertise the post, interview candidates and then appoint the best applicant ?

You'll never fit in

Buy shares/aliging with a faction & then tyourself for a future role or vacancy ?

It does seem completely arse for tit but given the shambolic way our club is atm does not look out of place, I cant think of many instances over the last near three years when anything seemed normal or by the book, we cant be in this big black hole of negativity for ever and the only way is up.

As for the man himself I would welcome a bit of professionalism and leadership about the place, if/but/maybe.

Was he manager for Stuttgart when we played them and Hleb was a standout?

It would be the best way, but that's not the Rangers way apparently

It will be based on the German model, with a focus on work ethic, technique and technical ability, underpinned by a proper European and worldwide scouting system.

:lol:

Just a small job he would have on his hands then; given what an utter shambles we have been left in by the board and management.

It does seem completely arse for tit but given the shambolic way our club is atm does not look out of place, I cant think of many instances over the last near three years when anything seemed normal or by the book, we cant be in this big black hole of negativity for ever and the only way is up.

As for the man himself I would welcome a bit of professionalism and leadership about the place, if/but/maybe.

Was he manager for Stuttgart when we played them and Hleb was a standout?

I understand what you are saying PCB but are the new consortium not operating from a platform of bringing to an end all this "arse about tit" way of operating ?

If this report is accurate then its not unfair to suggest that positions at our club are available in return for shareholder votes..

It seems a lot of the 'anti-Ally' guys keep bringing up Ally in discussions that don't concern the former manager.

He's gone, he wont be back. Time to move on Jack.

As long as he's taking money for us he still going to be considered for opinon plus the shite he signed are still his players so it will come up.