The T*rriergraph

No.12

Easily offended indeed! I thought that was the other lot....

I've just read the other match previews on their site and some of it is pretty funny. Granted Rangers get it worst - but then again there's far more rangers ammo for journos at the moment until the mess is cleaned up (soon).

People need to calm down.

Thought? They are the easily offended. Our songs, our Remembrance Day etc We are constantly villainized in the press. It's been going on for years so this can hardly be a case of Rangers fans being easily offended but more like another straw on the camels back...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! It's just a straw - not a wooden club! Just take it as an attempt at humour and move on...far far more important things to get worked up about.

And btw, yes we know it is the other lot who are easily offended - but when you read some of the threads on here these days you'd struggle to work out who it is the most!!!

Hypocrisy?

Exactly! It's just a straw - not a wooden club! Just take it as an attempt at humour and move on...far far more important things to get worked up about.

And btw, yes we know it is the other lot who are easily offended - but when you read some of the threads on here these days you'd struggle to work out who it is the most!!!

Hypocrisy?

:shifty:

Nope - I'm just not so insecure that I have to shout and scream at every little thing!

And there's others on this thread that agree with me that this telegraph piece is trivial.

People on here demanding people get fired and that articles get censored is just pathetic. It reminds me of Ally's cringe-worthy "We demand names..."

What happened to our emphasis on DIGNITY?

.....don't descend to their level!

Nope - I'm just not so insecure that I have to shout and scream at every little thing!

And there's others on this thread that agree with me that this telegraph piece is trivial.

People on here demanding people get fired and that articles get censored is just pathetic. It reminds me of Ally's cringe-worthy "We demand names..."

The thing is mate, you tell a lie often enough and people begin to think its the truth, there are times when ppl can take so much and just get on with it, but this is getting to saturation point now, so what do we do eh? keep bending over and taking all this fucking shite up the arse? fuck that is my opinion, sometimes you need to take a stand and defend yourself, these cunts on our board couldn't defend their fucking dinner, so no Rangers fans really expect them to do anything.

Teamgers -I agree with you - but we need to pick our battles carefully. Can't win them all! Don't waste any efforts complaining about this one because it's nothing. I actually believe that journo is just trying to be a comedian.

Focus on the real enemies....

They are banned from St James' Park by the Newcastle board. So wherever Ashley goes or has power they will be there to wind him up.,

It's not The Daily Telegraph that's banned by MA, but the local rag, known as The Telegraph, in Geordieland.

Celt*c Vs Aberdeen.

The team who are rumoured to penetrate wooly animals come to the home of the Scottish champions in a bid to dethrone them in Scotland's top match this weekend. Celt*c are on a high after winning the Europa League trophy 3-3 at home to Inter on Thursday night.

If you have young kids - it's safe to let them out once the match has kicked off as most of Scotland's dangerous men will be in the home end in what will be the largest gathering of the unemployed since Seville in 2003. Stokes is expected to be in the squad if he makes it back from his latest I.R.A fundraiser on time.

Craig Gordon is also fit after having 'Jambo arms' during the Europa League final against Inter Milan midweek.

Celt*c boss Ronny Deila also denied that Jimmy Savile is one of their own and declined to comment further as he 'had to go and get Broony' his ice cream.

Aberdeen declined to comment.

So the writer gives the mhanks as much abuse as he gives us. I seriously laughed out loud at some of this. The mhanks can not know about this, or they would be going mental about it. Although they do like to keep their kiddy-fiddling history quiet, don't they.

I don't condone the shit he wrote about us, however, we can't get mock offended by everything people write, and say about us, just point out any inaccuracies, and lies.

It's not The Daily Telegraph that's banned by MA, but the local rag, known as The Telegraph, in Geordieland.

So the writer gives the mhanks as much abuse as he gives us. I seriously laughed out loud at some of this. The mhanks can not know about this, or they would be going mental about it. Although they do like to keep their kiddy-fiddling history quiet, don't they.

I don't condone the shit he wrote about us, however, we can't get mock offended by everything people write, and say about us, just point out any inaccuracies, and lies.

Bombay just made that up. If the journalist wrote the Jimmy Saville line he would be immediately sacked.

The line in the Rangers preview about beating our wives is absolutely bonkers. Totally bananas. I'd be surprised if domestic abuse charities weren't complaining let alone our support. The guy seriously needs his head checked if he thinks he can write that in a national newspaper.

I for one will be not complaining, but simply pointing out the obvious leave of senses to his editor in chief.

Bombay just made that up. If the journalist wrote the Jimmy Saville line he would be immediately sacked.

The line in the Rangers preview about beating our wives is absolutely bonkers. Totally bananas. I'd be surprised if domestic abuse charities weren't complaining let alone our support. The guy seriously needs his head checked if he thinks he can write that in a national newspaper.

I for one will be not complaining, but simply pointing out the obvious leave of senses to his editor in chief.

I'm not easily offended, but, apparently I'm easily fooled.

Bombaybadboy08 is indeed a bad boy!

It's all very well saying forget it, move on, ignore it but all these little digs, here, there and everywhere add up to one poisonous hate filled agenda against our club. People do actually despise us out there, people who have a platform in the media as well. This is similar to the Paddy Power Ball of Shame advert last year. Poor taste, a blatant dig at our club yet nothing was done. BT Sports singling out Rangers fans for sectarian singing and apologising on air last year too. The digs just keep coming. It's not about being offended or anything like that, do you think Celtic would put up with such insults? We all know they wouldn't.

Too many people bury their heads in the sand and allow people to kick utter lumps out of us when we're already down. If it doesn't change then we'll slowly fade away, Rangers will have lost everything it stands for. :anguish:

I always found Roddy Forsyth of the Daily Telegraph to give us a much fairer shake than anyone else in the mainstream media, especially in England. The Telegraph is a fine newspaper, and a firm supporter of our Unionist principles. If you overlook the smug jokey tone in which the article is written there isn't much to disagree with. We are the most farcical club in Britain at the moment.

Thick Skinned Loyal :pipe:

Rangers....

1.Playing football...agree

2.Conducting business...agree

3.Treating wives....is Rangers married?

4.Tending gardens....do Rangers do that?

5.Behavior on the way home from the pub.....Does Rangers go to the pub?

What have 3,4,5 got to do with Rangers, did I miss something?

Satire - he's saying that Rangers are constantly being criticised and can do no right at the moment. At least that's how I read it. The wives comment overstepped the mark but that's gone now.

I personally think there are far more damaging articles out there at the moment. Take the latest one on the BBC Scotland website...

The worst thing about those comments are that they're true.

We're a circus. If I was outside, looking in, especially from England, we would be a laughing stock; exactly what the guy has written.

I remember I used to look at Leeds and Portsmouth and think "what a fucking shambles", but now we're the same, if not worse in terms of publicity and so on.

Journalists work to create conversation, positive or negative, and he's got it here. He's done his job well.

Remember these moments, though, because there will be another last minute, Maurice Edu, Old Firm winner in our lifetime and it'll be very pleasant.

Satire - he's saying that Rangers are constantly being criticised and can do no right at the moment. At least that's how I read it. The wives comment overstepped the mark but that's gone now.

I personally think there are far more damaging articles out there at the moment. Take the latest one on the BBC Scotland website...

Just had a look for this damaging article mate, don't know if I missed it, what was it ?

It really is quite a hatchet job.

It may not be our most important battle, but it is a shocking hatchet job.

Don't you think it's a bit OTT in going out of its way to be punished.

Pretty much spot on.

What are you referring to when you say that?