The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

All I can add at this stage is that source is impeccable and has actually urged caution throughout regarding Whyte's proof of ongoing finance - until today.

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best!

Many thanks for that info Frankie, the first bit of good news in days/weeks on this thread. I posted about 200 pages back that 'it is always darkest just before the dawn', let's hope that dawn is tomorrow. :)

He's very reliable and has been accurate throughout all of this with regard to delayed interim results and problems regarding Whyte's ongoing proof of finance.

As ever though he's only passing on information in good faith so we can't know for certain how accurate it is.

Frankie the guy on your twitter! Is his info reliable? Or would you still trust your own source?

Guy on his Twitter says there will be no deal tomorrow or anywhere in the near future due to the Tax Case.

Sounds a bit like a Clown to be honest.

I'd fancy he's a worried Celtic supporter. ;)

The initial tax 'query' has been known about for long enough so I doubt Whyte would have seriously pursued a sale if he wasn't confident of obtaining an indemnity from MIH with respect to this.

Club and MIH also remain positive that they will be successful in fending the investigation off - perhaps not winning the case but certainly not having to pay anything near the scale of the Kerrydale Street accountants suggest we'll be liable for.

I'm pretty sure the sale can and will progress irrespective of whether we win or lose this case.

I'd fancy he's a worried Celtic supporter. ;)

The initial tax 'query' has been known about for long enough so I doubt Whyte would have seriously pursued a sale if he wasn't confident of obtaining an indemnity from MIH with respect to this.

Club and MIH also remain positive that they will be successful in fending the investigation off - perhaps not winning the case but certainly not having to pay anything near the scale of the Kerrydale Street accountants suggest we'll be liable for.

I'm pretty sure the sale can and will progress irrespective of whether we win or lose this case.

Frankie it is the guy machlan refers 2. He said someone form the LSE glasgow branch said that they wernt expecting anything untill the end of season etc etc

I am in no way a sceptic, indeed I actually believe Craig Whyte will be a major investor, however I have certain doubts about your source Frankie, or indeed how closely involved in the deal he actually is. I have had my doubts about Mr Whyte's credentials but was told by someone, who I trust quite a bit, that he was the man; someone else I know who is not so close to things seems convinced about Whyte also. It would not surprise me in the least if this was not your 'conventional takeover', but had something else to it. Anyway, we'll see

By the way Frankie, I rate much of what you say rather highly, and hope your source is 100% correct

I am in no way a sceptic, indeed I actually believe Craig Whyte will be a major investor, however I have certain doubts about your source Frankie, or indeed how closely involved in the deal he actually is. I have had my doubts about Mr Whyte's credentials but was told by someone, who I trust quite a bit, that he was the man; someone else I know who is not so close to things seems convinced about Whyte also. It would not surprise me in the least if this was not your 'conventional takeover', but had something else to it. Anyway, we'll see

By the way Frankie, I rate much of what you say rather highly, and hope your source is 100% correct

You'll note that a couple of weeks back I posted that there may be other late bids in competition to the Whyte one so I'd agree that this takeover is far from conventional and you're far from the only one who wonders who exactly Craig Whyte is and who is backing him.

The LSE doesn't have a Glasgow branch and hasn't had for decades. Unless of course the dude's source is a time lord.

No a guy was pestering Frankie on Gersnet twitter. Gunslinger was explaining it to me

EDIT- you edited your post lol