Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

With the Miller saga still not resolved, we are being linked to David Goodwillie a good young prospect at 21, and scoring goals for his club this season. He is attracting interest from the EPL his club have been quoted as saying he can go for 1m.

With the cup game money against (them) coming up which is a bonus to the club will the bank release funds and with Webster who i think Dundee Utd would take part of the deal should we get the deal done NOW. And if Miller goes we get 700k and maybe 500k add ons = 1.2m also with talk of Charlie Adam being sold we have a 10 or 20% sell on clause which will boost the coffers. So come on Lloyds loosen the purse strings ffs.

Get Goodwillie in NOW before its too late.

I don't know why people are so happy to punt Webster as part of the deal when it is a center back we need more than a striker. Even if Miller goes.

Webster hasn't kicked a ball for us this season bar 1 game, hes in last year of his contract and having been out on loan to Utd last season i would have thought it would make sense to use Webster part of the deal mate.

But if Bougherra gets suspended or Weir gets injured? Perry? Broadfoot? I'd rather have Webster there as he is obviously fit enough to be on the bench at the moment.

This has been my arguement since it became evident that Miller was allegedly leaving and the call went out to get Goodwillie in ASAP!

Now having seen very little of Goodwillie at all, it makes sense that I'm not qualified to say whether we should go for him as a striker, because in what I've seen of him, he looks more of an attacking midfielder to me.

I believe that the position we are most vulnerable at without a shadow of a doubt is centre-back, no matter whether Webster goes to Dundee Utd or not.

Relying on Webster is fraught with danger for obvious reasons, so Goodwillie might be an excellent buy for us in the coming seasons, but I prefer to deal with the present..and that tells me if Bougherra gets suspended or injured, we will struggle big time, because Bougherra's speed can compensate for Weir's lack of pace, but can you imagine Weir and Broadfoot at the heart of our defence for any period of time?

Maybe we have a young guy that could come in and do well, such as Perry, but I don't know whether that's realistic or not.

This is one fucking big decision we can't afford to get wrong.

I want Goodwillie at Ibrox. Seen a bit of him before he started banging the goals in and I rate him. I think it is time to cut our losses with Webster. Miller can go if he wants. But giving them Webster plus cash just to get Goodwillie makes no sense. Especially as we all know that, unless Bougherra is sold this window, then we will not bring another central defender anyway because Weir will not be dropped.

That's exactly why we have to go with the #1 priority to win this league and to me that means getting a decent centre half in.

We need Bougherra to stay until May at least AND we need cover in that position also, whether it's Webster, Perry or somebody else, we can't afford suspension to Bhougerra and injury to Weir at the same time.

I shudder when Broadfoot plays there and I don't fancy the Papac there neither...and don't even mention playing Whittaker there FFS...so unless Perry or someone else can do it, we are pretty thin on options.